Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 12:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
This I believe also. There's no other reason to make the announcement at night and not at 9 a.m. in the morning. Also, the total lack of police protection for these businesses.
The police had no interest in protecting any businesses, they were too busy suiting up for their riot they planned on inducing.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I have not seem hardly any firefighters fighting any of these fires set by the rioters
Yes, because the authorities want to fan the flames (quite literally) ---and divert attention away from the decision by the Grand Jury that stinks to high heaven. Better for the press and the public to focus on all these nasty rioters than this horrible decision and what it tells us about the (in)justice system and the ugly face of America.

19,013 posts, read 14,186,291 times
Quote:
... there should have been an actual public trial, not this secret proceeding.
Well, if the grand jury has no probable cause to indict, it would be a waste to hold a trial. At least, that's according to American law.

● MURDER : (Law) the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
● MANSLAUGHTER : (Law) The unlawful killing of one human by another without express or implied intent to do injury.
● HOMICIDE : (Law) the killing of a human being by another person.
● SELF DEFENSE : (Law) The right to protect oneself against violence or threatened violence with whatever force or means are reasonably necessary.
● AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSE : An affirmative defense to a criminal charge is a fact or set of facts other than those alleged by the plaintiff or prosecutor which, if proven by the defendant, defeats or mitigates the legal consequences of the defendant's otherwise unlawful conduct. In criminal prosecutions, examples of affirmative defenses are self defense, insanity, and the statute of limitations.
. . .
Under Missouri law, all a citizen [claiming self-defense or a police officer claiming to have fired while pursuing a dangerous criminal] need do is “inject the issue of justification.” In other words, he only needs to produce some evidence (his own testimony counts) supporting the claim. Once he does so, “any reasonable doubt on the issue requires a finding for the defendant.” In Missouri, the burden doesn’t budge an inch, even after we know that the defendant has killed the victim. It doesn’t matter that there is certainty that Darren Wilson shot Michael Brown. As long as there is still the slightest possibility that Wilson acted in his own defense, Missouri law favors Wilson.

A felon takes upon himself all consequences subsequent to his felony.

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
I have not seem hardly any firefighters fighting any of these fires set by the rioters
Resources are overwhelmed. Rioters/terrorists have set so many buildings on fire. In some cases, firefighters had to retreat due to gunfire.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:39 AM

310 posts, read 256,196 times
Quote:
Yes, because the authorities want to fan the flames (quite literally) ---and divert attention away from the decision by the Grand Jury that stinks to high heaven. Better for the press and the public to focus on all these nasty rioters than this horrible decision and what it tells us about the (in)justice system and the ugly face of America.
No, it's because firefighters were being shot at earlier.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 AM

The chief of police is so relieved that there was no loss of life---maybe he's forgetting something. Something,... drat, what was it? happened a few months ago?

Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,269,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't think you "get it" ..... these 'peaceful protestors' are firing guns at the Police and the Firemen.
Police can't try to 'protect' every business when you have Rioting MOBS that are shooting at them -- the business community was very aware of what might happen. These 'peaceful protestors' kept telling them it was "WAR" and what they would do IF the Grand Jury did not give them the decision they wanted. The Police believed them when they said it was going to be "open season" on Police. The Police department believed them. They have around 1,000 officers that were properly trained by the DOJ to react exactly the way they are doing ..... the "Rules of Engagement". That 1,000 officers has a lot of ground to cover. The National Guard is covering Downtown and Clayton.

If the Cigar shop owner is 'upset', he should write a letter to Eric Holder, Al Sharpton or those Preachers that insisted on "safe houses" for the 'peaceful protestors' and another 19 Demands for how the police should act. Obama himself went on air tonight to ask for "restraint" by the Police ..... he did this as Ferguson was already Burning.

I don't think YOU "get it." Those firing guns are NOT peaceful protesters.

None of these looters listen to any of those "preachers." These are kids angry narcissistic kids who are glued to their smartphones.

The police should have been spread out in the area, not huddled together "waiting" for tragedy to happen tonight but "actively patrolling.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
No, it's because firefighters were being shot at earlier.
They didn't have any police officers or national guard , at least visible ones, guarding those businesses. Why not?

This police chief should have been fired long ago. Our "assets" were nearly "lit up", "engaging the community." He's got all the cop lingo down.

The first accurate statement he's made: "Our officers don't have the ability to deal with what's going on around them."
Yup.

Wow, he just said "assets" again, and "mitigate", and "issues." This guy's great!

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
I find it odd that so many of you are so indignant about the destruction of property, and so indifferent to the loss of a young man's life under questionable circumstances.

That is not it at all, I feel so bad for the family, but is being violent I ask you, burning the city, shooting guns, going to bring him back to life. Well is it.

Is acting a damn friggin fool, what Brown's family wanted or the city wanted, their city destroyed.

Is it. This will not solve the problem, will it. Yes I feel bad for the innocent owners of businesses, who had nothing at all to do with any of this, now find their livelihood destroyed by animals.

Being frustrated and looting, and burning the city in which you live, shooting guns at innocent people knocking innocent people down, laying in the street not moving, how will this help bring Brown back.

I feel terrible for his family, that they have to go thru this, and now the mess that has occurred, because of the verdict. The jury has spoken, and if he were white, and the police officer black, I would also accept the circumstances. the jury I am sure heard testimony we did not. And please do not just assume something about someone, if you do not know them!

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Now I hope there are cameras so that they can see just who started the looting, the shooting of guns, the fires etc. And hold them accountable for all the damage done to that city.
If they had announced the verdict in the early morning, I'm sure the pics would be much clearer too.
To mention it would have helped to block off certain streets, with, well maybe, the NATL GUARD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies