Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
You won't find one conservative white male that will defend Brown, yet they'll all say Wilson is not guilty.
I am white and conservative. I don't know what happened that day Wilson shot Brown because I wasn't there.

Based on what I've read, what I've heard on the radio, and what I've seen on TV - Brown assaulted Wilson while he was trying to get out of the car, a struggle ensued while Wilson was still in the car and perhaps 2 shots were fired. Brown's DNA reportedly was on Wilson's gun. I think this points to a struggle over the gun.

If all of the above is true and Brown died of gunshot wounds while struggling with officer Wilson over Wilson's gun - to me the case would be open and shut. Wilson is not guilty.

Obviously we know that wasn't the case because Brown was shot and killed after the altercation at the vehicle. I'm uncertain exactly what happened next - but yes I tend to give more credence to Wilson's version (as relayed through the media) because of the altercation in the car - which seems corroborated by witnesses and physical evidence. And yes, the video of Brown strong-arm robbing the unarmed and small Asian store owner minutes before the interaction with Wilson is probative to me. It suggests to me Brown wasn't just some dude out on a walk with a friend - he might well be a guy who does in fact assault a cop.

Still doesn't answer to me what happened after the car altercation - or what the law says about it. This is probably deeper thinking about it than you care to do though. Facts don't seem to matter to the black mob.

The case that should be more troubling to people is the guy shot down in the city after Brown. We saw basically all of that - you tell me those officers didn't have options short of lethal force?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:47 PM

112 posts, read 181,834 times
Isnt it blatantly obvious that this is just another street thug gettin his?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
By police? 1
By anyone? 2
But before 2013... they had 3 to 7 murders a year, most of them in the complex where Mike Brown was killed (not been a police shooting there for years before this).
Strange black on black shootings not a peep
Ferguson need black officers like Chicago

Old 11-21-2014, 06:32 AM

188 posts, read 372,720 times
The kid was not brought up very well obviously. When you are dumb/mean enough to commit robbery and then attack a cop that asks you to stop you may never fit in well with society. The problem we have is we now have a few generations of poor who think Michael Brown never did anything wrong even after seeing the store video.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:45 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,090,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimelistener View Post
The kid was not brought up very well obviously. When you are dumb/mean enough to commit robbery and then attack a cop that asks you to stop you may never fit in well with society. The problem we have is we now have a few generations of poor who think Michael Brown never did anything wrong even after seeing the store video.
or that the video wasn't him, or it was "photoshopped" that's the best one.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaDoll View Post
Isnt it blatantly obvious that this is just another street thug gettin his?
No it isn't, and everything about this post is exactly what's wrong with the attitude of St. Louis (and why this incident has become a flashpoint).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
This is false. There's constant protesting of black-on-black crime by the black community.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:47 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Ferguson need black officers like Chicago
Read about the 132 murder victim in St. Louis city this year yesterday, a teen found shot dead on a sidewalk on the north side. 17 years old.

It's not the cops young black males have to fear.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:58 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,810,783 times
Let's be honest. Some people want a riot to break out in Ferguson. Some people want it because they want to see the side they are on destroy the other side. Others because they think it will make good television.

Old 11-21-2014, 03:03 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
"evolution and character development"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
It was on a legitimate news site, so yes, I do believe it.

What does it have to do with making the city better? Gives you a little insight into Michael Brown's home life, and explains a little about his evolution and character development (or lack thereof).

Old 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I am white and conservative. I don't know what happened that day Wilson shot Brown because I wasn't there.

Based on what I've read, what I've heard on the radio, and what I've seen on TV - Brown assaulted Wilson while he was trying to get out of the car, a struggle ensued while Wilson was still in the car and perhaps 2 shots were fired. Brown's DNA reportedly was on Wilson's gun. I think this points to a struggle over the gun.

If all of the above is true and Brown died of gunshot wounds while struggling with officer Wilson over Wilson's gun - to me the case would be open and shut. Wilson is not guilty.

Obviously we know that wasn't the case because Brown was shot and killed after the altercation at the vehicle. I'm uncertain exactly what happened next - but yes I tend to give more credence to Wilson's version (as relayed through the media) because of the altercation in the car - which seems corroborated by witnesses and physical evidence. And yes, the video of Brown strong-arm robbing the unarmed and small Asian store owner minutes before the interaction with Wilson is probative to me. It suggests to me Brown wasn't just some dude out on a walk with a friend - he might well be a guy who does in fact assault a cop.

Still doesn't answer to me what happened after the car altercation - or what the law says about it. This is probably deeper thinking about it than you care to do though. Facts don't seem to matter to the black mob.

The case that should be more troubling to people is the guy shot down in the city after Brown. We saw basically all of that - you tell me those officers didn't have options short of lethal force?
Agree with some of what you wrote. There's no dispute that there was a struggle at the car and shots were fired. But what it really comes down to is, was the officer's life or well-being in danger at the moment he fired the fatal shots?

Don't know what you mean by "the black mob"? There are many whites among the protesters. And many more white people like myself who are concerned about police shooting an unarmed man, regardless of his race.

Finally, I agree about the other shooting. They just pulled up and shot him dead, with no attempt to diffuse the situation. It didn't produce the same controversy because the deceased had a knife in his hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies