Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2014, 02:22 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,128,454 times

Advertisements

Japan was almost always a prosperous country, extremely intelligent group of people, hence why they're a first world country now...there was nothing with their education system and the Japanese were far too small of a minority group to really matter in America. They didn't emigrate to America in large numbers. The Chinese weren't really wealthy either. They were living in slums and small tenements in the big cities with large families, hence the Chinatowns in NYC, SF, Philly, and L.A. They weren't really prosperous like they are now. Koreans were either 50 years ago. I don't see what you mean by them being prosperous. They didn't start immigrating in large numbers until after the immigration laws put in place in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. Blacks were always a large minority group.

Now, East Asians are extremely prosperous in America, but they're naturally intelligent and hard working, moreso than whites.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 pointer View Post
Asians in Asia basically hate blacks BTW. They think they're violent and stupid
They don't really like anyone though. In Japan, if you're a foreigner period, you get treated pretty badly(though I agree blacks are treated worse than whites). They're very xenophobic, but I can see why they want to protect their culture even if it means being homogeneous and having very strict immigration laws.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
If Darren Wilson was black and Mike was a white female with blonde hair do you think he would have been not guilty?

Yes I think the same thing would have happened. The grand jury would have indicted him if there was a possibility of getting a conviction. They were looking at evidence, they were looking at forensics, and they came to the conclusion that there was no crime, or at least not one that can be proved in court. I don't think the grand jury cares about his race, only the facts and the law. Everyone else cares about race, but the law does not.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 AM

19 posts, read 44,682 times
Depends on the eye color. We only know the hair color so far

Old 11-25-2014, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 pointer View Post
Maybe some elderly Asians can tell you how they were treated in this country and it wasn't just the Japanese during WWII
They weren't significant enough of a population for that to matter though. Most of the East Asian growth didn't occur until the immigration laws were put in place which was well after WWII and during the Civil Rights Era. They weren't systematically discriminated against for hunderds of years. That's the difference.

I just don't remember a significant amount of Asians going out there to fight for their rights when I was reading through the history books, mainly because they were mainly on the West Coasts or in one of the major NE cities(NYC, Philly, Boston) and most of the action occurred in the South or Midwest(which are ironically the most racist regions in this country and it shows in this thread).

Old 11-25-2014, 02:41 AM

249 posts, read 419,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Japan was almost always a prosperous country, extremely intelligent group of people, hence why they're a first world country now...there was nothing with their education system and the Japanese were far too small of a minority group to really matter in America. They didn't emigrate to America in large numbers. The Chinese weren't really wealthy either. They were living in slums and small tenements in the big cities with large families, hence the Chinatowns in NYC, SF, Philly, and L.A. They weren't really prosperous like they are now. Koreans were either 50 years ago. I don't see what you mean by them being prosperous. They didn't start immigrating in large numbers until after the immigration laws put in place in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. Blacks were always a large minority group.

Now, East Asians are extremely prosperous in America, but they're naturally intelligent and hard working, moreso than whites.
Chinese overtook white income in 1959... Asians immigrated so much that limits on Japanese immigration were put and Chinese were barred completely by the 20s

Learn history, you're obviously ignorant of Chinese history in America, the history of Japan, and even African-American history.

Japan was a backwater until they embraced Western education in the 1800s and developed their own unique innovative culture.

Why was black crime rate so low when they were truly oppressed? Why is it that in 1940, 80% of blacks were in poverty but by 1960 only 40% were in poverty? Stop making excuses by bringing up slavery. Black people are plenty capable of handling themselves and solving their own issues, but youre enabling savage behavior with your excuses. There is no excuse for what happened today.

And on a last note: Japanese/Asians are not genetically superior to whites in any way, they just have a culture that stresses hard work, entrepreneurship, and education.

As you noted with your Nigerian example, culture > race

Old 11-25-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLoud View Post
Chinese overtook white income in 1959... Asians immigrated so much that limits on Japanese immigration were put and Chinese were barred completely by the 20s

Learn history, you're obviously ignorant of Chinese history in America, the history of Japan, and even African-American history.

Japan was a backwater until they embraced Western education in the 1800s and developed their own unique innovative culture.

Why was black crime rate so low when they were truly oppressed? Why is it that in 1940, 80% of blacks were in poverty but by 1960 only 40% were in poverty? Stop making excuses by bringing up slavery. Black people are plenty capable of handling themselves and solving their own issues, but youre enabling savage behavior with your excuses. There is no excuse for what happened today.

And on a last note: Japanese/Asians are not genetically superior to whites in any way, they just have a culture that stresses hard work, entrepreneurship, and education.

As you noted with your Nigerian example, culture > race
I was never making an excuse, but people wonder why American Blacks are the way they are? Why as a whole, they're generally uneducated, poor, and and a history of high crime? I gave my theory.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:59 AM

19 posts, read 44,682 times
I guess someone was so disgusted that they thought "That's it, I'm burning down a beauty shop"

Old 11-25-2014, 03:01 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLoud View Post
Ferguson will never recover. The white residents will leave and so will the business owners. Ferguson will decay fast and crime will spike. They sealed their own fate. In 10 years were going to hear about how white flight hurt Ferguson, as if white people just decided to move away in a nefarious plot to oppress black people.

Story of Detroit Michigan. Detroit had major riots in 1967, the decay and abandonment continued for 50 years, and you have the result you see today. First the middle class whites leave, followed by middle class blacks, then only the most poor remain. This may be not just Ferguson, but St Louis in general. If you want to see the future look at Detroit Michigan. I feel so bad for those business owners, many of the black by the way. They believed their neighbors would not do what they did, they believed it would remain peaceful. Sadly they were long. I also feel bad for the officers there. That city will never be easy to police again. In fact I am not sure how that police department will survive. The citizens have declared war on the police and their city government. I agree with you, Ferguson is done and it will not recover in this generation. It may never recover.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:10 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner1994 View Post
I hope that this thread does not spiral in to a hate filled topic from either side. However, I do have a question. If Darren Wilson is not found to have done anything wrong in this situation, which evidence is suggesting, what exactly do the protesters want?
Well for starters, how about more then three black police officers on the force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies