Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 04:11 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

Joseph Goebbels would be proud of the global warmers. Repeat a lie often enough and people will believe it.
Only people don't seem to be believing it, outside of Obama and those who stand to make money pretending its real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 04:30 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Permafrost below the surface melting rapidly in Alaska.

Losing Permafrost in Alaska | Science | Classroom Resources | PBS Learning Media
Let's see, polar bears dying, northwest passage, seas rising 8' and record setting numbers of hurricanes didn't come to pass as they guaranteed they would so the fraudsters pull another out of their lying arsenal in an all out effort to perpetuate the fraud.

So reminds me of the global cooling scam of the late 70's.

Quick, shovel another million towards Al Gore because only he can save us!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:

Losing Permafrost in Alaska | Science | Classroom Resources | PBS Learning Media
Horse Sh-t! I guess you don't watch "Gold Rush."

More propaganda from PBS, State controlled media. This is also called by another name, "agitprop".

Old 11-18-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Permafrost melting after 10,000 years is a large indicator of climate change some still will not even admit that the earth is warming.
That's because there is no evidence that the earth is warming! This story is pure B.S.!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:47 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:

Cool!

More farm lands!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
Hmmm Look at the bright side. California is in a drought. The permafrost is melting. Maybe the melted permafrost can provide water for California.

In the meantime, please send some of that warming to the Midwest. It is 11 degrees with a windchill that makes it feel like -6 degrees F. That is freakin cold for anytime, but especially ridiculous for November.
Absolutely ridiculous for November, and this is because of that "warming" arctic air that the jet stream has forced down our way.

With temperatures like this, how does the permafrost melt?

We have been watching and enjoying "Gold Rush" for several seasons, so we know what the permafrost is, and how difficult it is to break through to do any mining. They have not given any indication of it getting any easier to break through.

This story is a complete joke, and manufactured to send the message that they want to send, for the purpose of a particular political agenda.

Pure propaganda!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I am glad to see you accept global warming, no downside to increased sea levels when most of the population lives within a few miles of the shoreline?
I didn't read any admission. It was a supposition.

This supposed sea level increase is pure nonsense too. Where? by how much?

You alarmists amaze me. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"
Quote:
Why would we ignore human contributions to CO2 when that has been the major change in the last century
What proof do you have of this? There is none.

Quote:
Make an attempt to stay on topic, gun control, affirmative action ???
A point was being made. I guess you didn't get it. No surprise.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Can someone send that global warming, I mean climate change my way. It's fricken freezing here.
Yep, I'd like to have some of it too. Last summer wasn't exactly warm either. It was much cooler than normal, which affected my garden. Tomatoes didn't do too well, peppers sucked (hardly any), and even very few egg plants.

Please send some "global warming" for next summer, and I could sure use a bit right now, too!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:19 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Let's see, polar bears dying, northwest passage, seas rising 8' and record setting numbers of hurricanes didn't come to pass as they guaranteed they would so the fraudsters pull another out of their lying arsenal in an all out effort to perpetuate the fraud.
The number of polar bears inhabiting a frozen sea north of Alaska declined by about 40% from 2001 to 2010.....US Geological Survey researchers and scientists from Canada and the United States found that bear survival rates in the south Beaufort Sea were particularly low from 2004 to 2006, when only two of 80 cubs monitored were known to have survived.

The number of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes worldwide nearly doubled from the early 1970s to the early 2000s.

I have no idea where your 8 foot sea level rise prediction came from, bu I suspect you just made it up, like everything else you posted.

Quote:
So reminds me of the global cooling scam of the late 70's.
It is a myth......As in all things science and reason, context is required to understand relevance of any data or scope of understanding. In the case of the global cooling myth, let's take a look at the context. From 1965 to 1979, seven scientific papers were published predicting global cooling, and forty two were published predicting global warming due to increasing CO2
Quote:
Quick, shovel another million towards Al Gore because only he can save us!
Aww, you are just jealous....Do what Gore and I do, invest in green energy, and you too can be a millionaire.

Last edited by sanspeur; 11-18-2014 at 05:29 AM..

Old 11-18-2014, 05:47 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You brought up "why".

"the question is the why part and no one has been able to indicate exactly why. "

Your theory about "why" the Earth appears to be warming is at best overstated and highly assumptive.

It also ignores the fact that the warming effect caused by additional CO2 decreases exponetially as CO2 levels increase.

Moreover, even dyed in the wool warmers admit they don't fully understand how things like aerosols, farming and deforrestation, water vapor, carbon black, cloud cover and shifting ocean currents and weather patterns act to cool or warm the Earth.
I was speaking to those that state that since the world was warm in the past this is just another cycle, my question was what caused it to be warm in the past. What gives anyone confidence that this is a natural phenomena based on our past history.

No we don't understand everything about the atmosphere but the science has a evolved to a point that the models offer a very good understanding for future predictions.

CO2 is consistently increasing and the earth is warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies