Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 AM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
No most of us aren't. The most they're doing is repackaging.
At a higher price and/or by forcing people to lose their doctors, hospitals, etc.

Explains why...
Quote:
"Americans who says they’ve been hurt by Obamacare outnumber those who say they’ve benefited from it by more than 2 to 1, according to recent polls by both Rasmussen and Gallup."
The High Costs of Obamacare | RealClearPolitics

Old 11-20-2014, 09:24 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2020 View Post
My, my how times change.

I wonder what the evolutionists will say about this(oh, he evolved over time).

He's the perfect example of a flip flopper.
The "Obama evolved on gay marriage" crowd has a low IQ.

Obama was for gay marriage when he was a state congressman representing a very liberal Chicago district.

Obama was then opposed to gay marriage when he was a US Senator representing ALL of Illinois, which at the time the majority was opposed to it. And he said he opposed it due to fundamental Christian principles.

Obama then was for gay marriage again right as the majority of the country shifted over.

Bottom line: Obama is full of BS and you never know where he truly stands on anything.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
"If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole — especially by keeping our workforce young, in contrast to an increasingly geriatric Europe and Japan — it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net."
Blue collar, black and the young voted for him. I can't say I feel sorry for them when they have to deal with the fallout.

It's too late now.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:01 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Black people I think dislike illegal immigration more than most groups. Maybe they can recognize the exploitation of the illegals better than anyone? Isn't being an illegal in this country a lot like being a slave? No rights, no protections, no benefits? And making fat, white Americans rich through their hard work?
I've told you this but you kept supporting it. This is not for the people, it's for the politicians and big business.

These people allowed their own government to become abusive. First this, then the right to vote, Obama hopes they will help him be able to do the same here.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
No most of us aren't. The most they're doing is repackaging. You can always purchase a different policy.
I never saw that. I only read that he wanted to copy large parts of his plan and expand it to the federal level.
People have went from being able to afford insurance to their plans being doubled or dropped. I have personal experience with being on insurance and 4 plans have been dropped, since the passing of health care. They even put us on a temporary plan and when we signed up it was suppose to be a yr to yr plan. A letter was sent saying the insurance was canceled as of Oct 1st and we could not sign up again until we had no coverage for 63 days or reapply Nov 15th. Since we are in construction this left us hanging and hoping no injuries would destroy our business.

If President Obama didn't like the Romney state plan, why do it nationwide......it's all about CONTROL, and the plan worked for those who thought it was all for free.

The left is the devil in disguise, controlling school lunches, who will get medical care, along with, bringing in people so they have a voting base. It's only obvious the liberals don't have American support, they only have non-Americans in their party willing to destroy America.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:55 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
He didn't reform health care either, most of us are losing health care.

I mean at the time President Obama acted as if Romney's plan was the worst for all citizens. Then President Obama proceeds to use the same idea, not anything different. It's like President Obama can't make up his mind what he likes or dislikes about America. He sure can't fix a damn thing.....
Don't forget .. Obama also used Gruber, as did Romney!

Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The "Obama evolved on gay marriage" crowd has a low IQ.

Obama was for gay marriage when he was a state congressman representing a very liberal Chicago district.

Obama was then opposed to gay marriage when he was a US Senator representing ALL of Illinois, which at the time the majority was opposed to it. And he said he opposed it due to fundamental Christian principles.

Obama then was for gay marriage again right as the majority of the country shifted over.

Bottom line: Obama is full of BS and you never know where he truly stands on anything.
That is one way of putting it mildly. What I do not understand is, just how much BS can his supporters handle and make excuses for?

And the excuses boy, they are getting ridiculous and sad at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.