Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Instead of gaining 200 000 jobs per month, we'd be losing 700 000 a month.
Dont stop belivin lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 09:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
So the choice here is between one sorry president and one just slightly worse? Yep - this sums up our two party system quite well.

Voting for the "lesser of two evils" is still a vote for evil.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:06 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,402,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would not feel the US government is my enemy.

We would have a POTUS the loves the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yes. In a heartbeat.

I didn't agree with Bush quite a few times (and he isn't all that conservative), but I didn't ever get the feeling that he hates America and Americans in general.
While you're too busy thinking about culture wars, Bush '43 was running your country into the ground with a smile on his face doing it.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:07 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
No, going back to A BUSH would be the worst that could happen to the USA
Bush was a good honest American that did much for the country. obama is an incompetent, corrupt, dishonest, racist hater.
George Bush would be welcomed by all those who love their country..

Old 11-18-2014, 09:08 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,049,454 times
I don't like anything about Obama, but to go back to Bush 43 would just be a lateral movement !

Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,642,888 times
Another typical conservative thread, longing for the past; fearful of the future.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:49 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
While you're too busy thinking about culture wars, Bush '43 was running your country into the ground with a smile on his face doing it.
Oh, that's just RICH.

Didn't agree with his stance on Iraq and a number of other things, but he is culturally an American, and was raised as such. He and his wife cared about the image they projected to the rest of the world. They didn't hate America. However many mistakes he made (and there were a number, in retrospect), he mostly tried to do the right thing. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Cannot say the same for the current sleaze and his clueless wife, who got off of AF1 looking like they both just got back from camping. They knew cameras would be there, but they do NOT care what an embarrasment they are to this country.

His lies are so blatant that they are just breathtaking--and too many in this country swallow his crap hook, line, sinker and part of the pole.

He is NOT culturally an American, not with a Muslim father and stepfather, and formative years spent in Indonesia. His disconnect is just amazing--and idiots keep buying it. I'm not even getting into the "birther" crap.

He is just a spoiled, tone-deaf little boy who was primarily supported by his Mother's side of the family, while his father just ran.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:57 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,296,418 times
Somebody can't be American with Muslim Father? News to me.

Muslim's don't make up part of our culture? News to me.

This pretty much sums it up for me:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82
So the choice here is between one sorry president and one just slightly worse? Yep - this sums up our two party system quite well.

No, I wouldn't go back.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
He and his wife cared about the image they projected to the rest of the world.
I do not think that is true, and neither does the rest of the world. He destroyed the image of US to the rest of the world, and we went from being the good guy to being the bad guys who kidnap and torture people in secret chambers. That is NOT trying to do the right thing, that is deliberately choosing evil. It was the darkest times I have seen this country go through.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:59 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,057,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
Have the newly Congress but with George W. Bush and Cheney back and Rumsfeld Secretary of Defense and Rice back in? And Attorney General john a croft
Just to finish out the remainder of Obama's term?

Yes.

Democrats would instantly flip flop back to being opposed to:
-lobbyists in the WH
-large no-bid contracts
-no bid contracts to Halliburton subsidiaries
-it is illegal for a president to use military force without congress unless there is an immediate and direct threat
-a lack of transparency
-signing statements
-trickle down economics (QE)

etc....

The media would become a better watch dog...Bush would be neutered.

I don't see how this isn't a major win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies