Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 04:39 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post

This is what I have a hard time with. Within decades of passed time, NONE of the current 14 women from COMPLETELY separate instances went to the police or said anything in the media?
Many of them did. They were either not believed or we're told to keep their mouth shut.

Quote:

All of a sudden, just out of the blue, all 14 just so happen to come out of thin and just happen to all of a sudden get the courage to say something years later?
These stories have been trickling out for years. Not feeling alone can give one great courage.

Quote:

Then apparently in 1 story from 2005, a woman claims she was drugged, raped, then oddly enough lived in a hotel room with Cobys after claiming she was drugged and raped until she was kicked out?
No. Where did you come up with that?

Quote:

Say he is 100% completely innocent, how does a man protect himself or defend himself against accusations like this? I know everyone is saying that too many women have some type of story so it must be true, but I'm asking myself how does this happen to so many women, but not a single one says or does anything about it? Bill Cosby has been on the decline and really has not had any power since his show ended over 2 decades ago...
He's not innocent. Many women spoke out and have been ignored. They're finally being heard.

Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story? - The Washington Post

Back then, the incident was so horrifying that I had trouble admitting it to myself, let alone to others. But I first told my agent, who did nothing. (Cosby sometimes came to her office*to interview people for “The Cosby Show” and other acting jobs.) A girlfriend took me to a lawyer, but he accused me of making the story up. Their dismissive responses crushed any hope I had of getting help; I was convinced no one would listen to me. That feeling of futility is what ultimately kept me from going to the police. I told friends what had happened, and although they sympathized with me, they were just as helpless to do anything about it. I was a teenager from Denver acting in McDonald’s commercials. He was Bill Cosby: consummate American dad Cliff Huxtable*and the*Jell-O spokesman.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:07 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Many of them did. They were either not believed or we're told to keep their mouth shut.

These stories have been trickling out for years. Not feeling alone can give one great courage.

No. Where did you come up with that?

He's not innocent. Many women spoke out and have been ignored. They're finally being heard.

Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story? - The Washington Post

Back then, the incident was so horrifying that I had trouble admitting it to myself, let alone to others. But I first told my agent, who did nothing. (Cosby sometimes came to her office*to interview people for “The Cosby Show” and other acting jobs.) A girlfriend took me to a lawyer, but he accused me of making the story up. Their dismissive responses crushed any hope I had of getting help; I was convinced no one would listen to me. That feeling of futility is what ultimately kept me from going to the police. I told friends what had happened, and although they sympathized with me, they were just as helpless to do anything about it. I was a teenager from Denver acting in McDonald’s commercials. He was Bill Cosby: consummate American dad Cliff Huxtable*and the*Jell-O spokesman.
I got "that" from a link posted by the OP (katzpaw).

So she was raped, stayed with him and slept with him after being raped and drugged, then her friends thought to take her to a lawyer and her agent instead of going to the police first? Where were her parents?Why did she wait 19 years later to go to a lawyer again to file for money? She says she wanted to tell her story in "civil" court, but could not because the case was settled out of court. Why didn't she tell her story in court instead agreeing to settling the case out of court for money? Better yet, being that the statute of limitations did not end for a criminal case, why didn't she opt to tell her story during criminal trial? I'm not saying that she is for a fact a liar, but a few things seem very odd. Maybe no one took her story seriously because she took her story to civil court, and agreed to take money not to talk.

Please link to the stories of the "many women" that spoke out, before now, but were ignored. I'm interested in hearing their stories too.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:18 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
As in the case I cited above, even in the court of law, an "accusation" even if made with the lack of ANY proof and even if the "accusation" is made years after the fact, a man can be convicted based on nothing more than an "accusation."

Just like some are doing in the Bill Cosby Case, I'm sure that the jurors who convicted Johnathan C. Montgomery of rape were asking themselves the same questions. "Why would she just make something like this up?" "All these years later, what would she have to gain?"
Well, jurors are often not detectives nor tacticians nor intelligence officers......which is probably why I will never be on a jury.

A couple of things. Truth is often based on what a person believes. A person can be totally wrong but entirely truthful if they believe it.

For many years, if asked if I had ever had illicit drugs, I would had said yes. I had handled morphine, bennies, and grass as part of my duties in the Navy........but that being the case, then the drugs were not illicit since they were part of official duties. But up to that point till someone told me, in my mind, I was putting illegal and illicit as meaning the same thing.

From judging Soviet Naval Commanders (simulated) to devising ways to destabilize criminal markets, I have learned to put myself in the other person's place and see how they may be interpreting their surroundings to include misinterpreting the data presented to them.........for I have done that myself, misinterpreted the data in a tactical exercise and have arrived at the very wrong conclusion.

Personally, if it is not proven, one has nothing.........and any counselor worth their salt ought to drop me like a hot potato if I'm a possible juror.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:43 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
I got "that" from a link posted by the OP (katzpaw).

So she was raped, stayed with him and slept with him after being raped and drugged, then her friends thought to take her to a lawyer and her agent instead of going to the police first? Where were her parents?Why did she wait 19 years later to go to a lawyer again to file for money? She says she wanted to tell her story in "civil" court, but could not because the case was settled out of court. Why didn't she tell her story in court instead agreeing to settling the case out of court for money? Better yet, being that the statute of limitations did not end for a criminal case, why didn't she opt to tell her story during criminal trial? I'm not saying that she is for a fact a liar, but a few things seem very odd. Maybe no one took her story seriously because she took her story to civil court, and agreed to take money not to talk.

Please link to the stories of the "many women" that spoke out, before now, but were ignored. I'm interested in hearing their stories too.
Here is one other that filed charges along with two mentioned earlier, pretty damning when 12 women agree to testify and these women come from a professional background. You can either believe she is telling the truth or one great conspiracy. None of this came to light in his biography that was written several years ago.

Quote:

Therese Serignese, a 57-year-old registered nurse from Boca Raton, Florida,
reached out to The Huffington Post to tell her story, 38 years after she says
she was raped by Cosby.

Serignese's accusations make her the seventh woman to
publicly identify herself
as a victim of Cosby's. In 2005, Andrea
Constand, the former director of operations for the Temple University women's
basketball team, filed a lawsuit against the actor, alleging that he had drugged
and molested her a year prior. Shortly after, Tamara Green came
forward
on the "Today Show" claiming that she'd had a similar
encounter with Cosby in the '70s. Twelve other anonymous
women
agreed to be witnesses in Constand's case, including Beth Ferrier
who was identified that June, but the case was settled out of court in November
2005. In 2006, Barbara Bowman identified herself as one of those 12 women, telling her story
to People Magazine. Serignese says she was another of those 12 anonymous
witnesses -- Jane Doe #10.
Therese Serignese, Florida Nurse, Says Bill Cosby Drugged And Raped Her In 1976

Old 11-21-2014, 06:23 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Here is one other that filed charges along with two mentioned earlier, pretty damning when 12 women agree to testify and these women come from a professional background. You can either believe she is telling the truth or one great conspiracy. None of this came to light in his biography that was written several years ago.

Therese Serignese, Florida Nurse, Says Bill Cosby Drugged And Raped Her In 1976

Ahh you confused me for a second about what charges were filed and what testimony... Sorry because I'm just getting all of the facts. After doing some more reading my understanding is that , none but one woman, Andrea Constand, ever spoke out publicly years after the fact. It wasn't until after she waited years later to sue Cosby, that she found 12 women to testify during her civil trial that was settled out of court. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, all of the women who came forward (except America's Next Top Model judge and ex-model Janice Dickinson) admitted to be either being in a relationship with Cosby and/or seeing him again after the initial alleged rape occurred? Of the 12 women, 7 are unnamed still.

Basically these women never reported anything or came forward until there way a civil trial in 2004-2006. The civil trial was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. Fast forward to 2014, a comedian did a skit calling Cosby a rapist and Cosby did an interview where he refused to talk about it which brought all of this back up again?

I started to think that different women at different times made accusations, which was persuading to believe them, but then I read that only one woman made an accusation many years later while trying to sue for money and that's when the other 12 came out of the wood works. Then when I read that some of them lived with him, and saw him again, and said they were drugged on more than one occasion, on top of the fact that they said and reported anything until 20-50 years later durring a civil suit even before The Cosby Show leads me to question their credibility and to wonder if they received any of the settlement money.

Last edited by DoniDanko; 11-21-2014 at 07:17 AM..

Old 11-21-2014, 06:27 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I hope this does not cause Jello to stop selling pudding.
That all depends on what he was doing with the Pudding Pop.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:56 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's hard for people to understand how popular Bill Cosby has been over the years...from his stand-up comedy in the 60's to I Spy to the Bill Cosby show. This is not a guy lacking for female attention and I have a difficult time believing he needed to drug someone for sex.

Rape is NOT about sex
it is about power

Old 11-21-2014, 07:22 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's hard for people to understand how popular Bill Cosby has been over the years...from his stand-up comedy in the 60's to I Spy to the Bill Cosby show. This is not a guy lacking for female attention and I have a difficult time believing he needed to drug someone for sex.

They are called sociopaths and they get off on stuff like that.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:24 AM

Wow....I seriously hope none of you have daughters. It disgusts me to think that you wouldn't believe them if they accused they were raped.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
1 simple question

what is it about this moment in time in 2014 that has all these women going after bill cosby?

this is my issue, why didnt these women do this in say 2012, 2007, 2004, etc

why now?

when something doesnt make sense there is a reason for it

Because people tend to bury issues to try to let them go. It's easy to say "Why didn't so and so do this" when you aren't the person living that life. How many priests were molesting kids for decades and no one said anything? Once someone said something though the stories started flooding out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies