Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:50 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do we have individuals that are just too rich/powerful to ever see justice? There are plenty of stories and information coming out about Mr. Cosby such as: Bill Cosby or Bill Cosby facing litany of allegations; 10th accuser comes forward - wptv.com. Should his legacy be that of the family man that promoted family values or that of the (alleged) rapist that took advantage of his power and wealth?

His accusers come forward from different walks of life; but all seem to tell of similar MO's. I am not a judge or a jury. I do have to ask why there is no judge, jury or official inquiry?
Given the fact that a new accuser(s) are coming out each day and the list is what now..18 with a similar pattern? A former employee is coming out as well about hush money.

I still believe in innocent until proven guilty, however in light of these recent allegations, it's not looking good for Cos'.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, Like Anita Hill did with Clarence Thomas, right?
Yes, and you know it. Her anecdotes exactly replicated a court case and a novel. Meanwhile, your pal Ted Kennedy got his comeuppance for his bloviating, *just once*.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:26 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,801,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The reason I knew Anita Hill was lying was, when this came out about Thomas I was thinking "oh boy, we are going to have women come out of the woodwork against him". But then, not a peep. It was simply one woman vs one man, and it almost destroyed him. On the contrary you had loads of his then current and previous female staff that came out at the time in defense of Thomas.

With Bill Cosby...well, not so much - women are indeed coming out of the woodwork.

And yes, Anita Hill was lying.
And if there was any justice in this world, for ruining his life, she should have her own life ruined.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Yes, and you know it. Her anecdotes exactly replicated a court case and a novel. Meanwhile, your pal Ted Kennedy got his comeuppance for his bloviating, *just once*.
My pal?

Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,556 times
He's definitely not a saint but the fact is we're all sinners and right now he's getting "a blast from his past".

The statute of limitations has run out on practically all of the allegations being brought forward about him so the best he can do is to sue for slander. But, I think he's too much of a coward to do that.

He'll probably go slither into hiding where he'll spend the rest of his life wondering why so many people have turned against him while he was involved with "living better through chemistry".

He just wasn't aware that there were boundries that he crossed over or that even though everyone else was doing it, he never thought that he would be the one who got exposed.

But, this is a great chance to watch how a narcissistic sociopath reacts when his charismatic curtain gets pulled open revealing that his show wasn't so magical afterall.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:04 PM

416 posts, read 560,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
The statute of limitations has run out on practically all of the allegations being brought forward about him so the best he can do is to sue for slander. But, I think he's too much of a coward to do that.

He just wasn't aware that there were boundries that he crossed over or that even though everyone else was doing it, he never thought that he would be the one who got exposed.

But, this is a great chance to watch how a narcissistic sociopath reacts when his charismatic curtain gets pulled open revealing that his show wasn't so magical afterall.
Hm, I dunno. Terrible as it sounds he is making a smart move by saying nothing and so far it seems like he's doing pretty good for someone with a couple dozen allegation of drugging and sexually abusing women. He just had a sold out show in Florida with standing ovation.

I'm not sure how refusing to make a comment is reflective of a narcissistic sociopath.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:09 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Neither, but, he may be damn horny now and again.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:27 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Because back when the earliest incidents happened, talking about rape was taboo. Women couldn't bring themselves to speak of it. Also the police, and even one's friends or family members, parents, tended to blame the victim. "What were you wearing when it happened?" "If you didn't struggle and don't have the bruises to prove it, it was consensual".

Because of the women's movement, attitudes have changed tremendously (though not for everyone), the police now have procedures they're required to follow for rape accusations, the police AND hospitals have received training in how to deal with rape victims, and some, not all, of the stigma has gone. It's still extremely difficult for women to talk about sexual assault.
^ This. Let me tell you what happened to me: I was vilified for going out, drinking and being naive. I was wearing a Pantera shirt (heavy metal band) and jeans - far from sexy wear... but the way I was vilified for other things, maybe they should have added what I was wearing. ::roll eyes:: Because they think a naive young girl who was drinking should have those things happen to her. I know I waited for a few days because I couldn't remember and what I remembered, I felt ashamed about. I felt ashamed reporting and talking about the few things I remembered. I can see why people didn't report back then and I can see why people are a bit reluctant today. I wouldn't wish this on anyone...

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 11-24-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 07:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
He never did anything wrong. They are just past associates. It does not matter if they had sex or not. That is the bottom line basically. The original one is an starving artist looking for attention. Seriously you know how many girls in my would do the same thing if they believed I was famous?????

They want his money and that is all they want.
Hmmm. How many of the women who recently came out have asked for his money?

BUT - now that we've heard from the television employee - we DO know that Cosby was more than happy to pay off the young girls.

Seems to me a quite a lot of famous guys get by without 16 women coming forward to say they were raped.

Quote:
Being heterosexual is illegal now. Hurray all of these beggars running for Cosbys money is okay. Basically any woman you slept with can run to the law with her sperm dress and say you raped her see the evidence has been preserved for over ten years. Cosby needs to fight this BS of law; and not give in to these liars.
He won't. There are too many for them all to be lying. But I don't get the heterosexual reference - I don't equate heterosexuality with allegations of rape, do you?

Quote:
That is because at that point in time; the law was changing and people decided to jump for it. IF YOU COULD REMEMBER ALL THE BULLCRAP FROM THE EARLY 1990's THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Also this crap had nothing to do with the regular people. Regular people just said this was fagtalk ( which this is ). It is all a bunch of dickless non-heterosexual supportive tatic to seperate the sexes. That is what this is about. They do not want you to produce or be happy. They want to keep people apart. It is the work of the devil. The ultimate divine sin, The prevention of reproduction and creation of human beings.

Don't you understand the people behind this bs are a bunch of pugly abominations looking out for number one. Themselves. They are not trying to achieve justice, they are only achieving status and symbolization of money. They do not love you me, or anybody at all but themselves. They are the worst kind of people.

This is just discrimination against the male gender and his native actions.

????Listen to me???? The networks shut her up because it is going to far and he did nothing wrong to anybody at all. These are just his past girlfriends and that is it. All we need is a fagbook video but then again Bill Cosby is not some idiot posting his privacy online.

This is called privacy. Don't you understand. Not a battle of the sexes a discrimination against heterosexual identity. THIS KIND OF STUFF IS NOT MEANT TO BE TALKED ABOUT. They are blinding people like horses. I bet 90% of the households who have children all would claim that the sex was rape. But not the law usage of rape. This is not some over the top "Death Wish" movie. These are a bunch of racist, money grubbing, hoars, who are selling out for the sake of money and fame.

If Ellen Degenerate and Wanda never had the "Feminist bs" or "non-heterosexual bs" they would just be a bunch of straight hens and Ellen would be the new Barbra Strizand. Sean Young would be the new Ellen. But no the entire westernerize world is wrapped with non-heterosexuals and that is the ultimate point being made here.

Their is no case at all for him. Just a bunch of wenches begging fore money. Bill Cosby is an normal good man and nothing else needs to said about him.
I'm not sure what you are rambling about in most of this but would like to know how you KNOW Cosby is innocent? Are you guys pals?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushuliu View Post
Hm, I dunno. Terrible as it sounds he is making a smart move by saying nothing and so far it seems like he's doing pretty good for someone with a couple dozen allegation of drugging and sexually abusing women. He just had a sold out show in Florida with standing ovation.

I'm not sure how refusing to make a comment is reflective of a narcissistic sociopath.
You said yourself multiple pathologies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies