Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:42 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times

Advertisements

I'm glad my home city - Aurora, Colorado - voted to keep pitbulls banned.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,596,154 times
Aren't you suppose to search before starting a thread on a subject already being discussed
There is a long running thread on this subject which is 141 pages long already;

http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ull-story.html

Old 11-20-2014, 12:58 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I would say it is more the owner you should confront. I had to do this with a young kid, he looked at me like I was crazy. At least if something happens he can't say he wasn't warned. His dog will more likely tangle with something more wild than he is. The dog is a year old, cute, full of life, running off leash and no fenced yard. What would someone expect of the dog, owner responsibility is where it lies.

Dogs are comparable to foxes and wolves when left untrained humans need to train the dog to stay home.
Most would most likely be pit mix coyotes.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:42 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,382 times
I am glad to be part of helping several HOA's rewrite their bylaws and vote into action the banning, owning, sitting, housing, or fostering of any pitbull or rott.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
I am glad to be part of helping several HOA's rewrite their bylaws and vote into action the banning, owning, sitting, housing, or fostering of any pitbull or rott.
So people who already have pits before you write the law, have to do what? Owning a home and property a person should be able to own any dog they want as long as the dog had not threatened anyone.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Most would most likely be pit mix coyotes.
Or food for the coyote...... Actually, I had a male german shepherd, he had a fox friend one summer. We would see him playing with the fox in the early morning and our neighbors would see them chasing each other up above their house.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:08 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
I don't like pit bulls. I generally have a wariness of dogs. However, I consider pit bulls and other aggressive breeds quite scary. I don't want them anywhere near me. I've been chased by such breeds a few times and nearly bitten by one.

Where I live, quite a few people disregard any kind of rules when it comes to leashes. And what really gets me is when a dog starts running after me for no reason and the owner is like "he won't bite, he won't bite, he's just playing". My first thought is "I don't know that. I don't know your dog, and I don't want to play with it". To me, if a dog starts running after me, and especially if that dog is running towards my yard, I will assume it is dangerous.

This is one reason I don't feel bad for anyone whenever there are bans on pit bulls. Too much aggression for my tastes. I'm wary of dogs generally, but I really don't want pit bulls around me. The same goes for rottweilers and dobermans. Don't want them near me. Generally, I don't understand why some people want such breeds, unless you were in a place where violent crimes take place often.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:56 PM

There is one question I have to ask: Why the desire for pit bulls(and other aggressive breeds)?

Old 11-22-2014, 04:06 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is one question I have to ask: Why the desire for pit bulls(and other aggressive breeds)?
Because all dogs are aggressive breeds. It's training and domestication that makes them lack aggression.

I was attacked by a dachshund as a child. A neighbor had her bottom lip ripped off by a lab. And yet I have a neighborhood full of bully breeds - both pitbulls and dogs (like my parents' dog) that people mistake for pits - who are all gentle giants. I love pits because they are such sweet, gentle dogs. Keep the ankle biters away - they are much more likely to bite but because of their size, tend not to do much damage so they don't make the news.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Because all dogs are aggressive breeds. It's training and domestication that makes them lack aggression.

I was attacked by a dachshund as a child. A neighbor had her bottom lip ripped off by a lab. And yet I have a neighborhood full of bully breeds - both pitbulls and dogs (like my parents' dog) that people mistake for pits - who are all gentle giants. I love pits because they are such sweet, gentle dogs. Keep the ankle biters away - they are much more likely to bite but because of their size, tend not to do much damage so they don't make the news.
Again, pit bulls, dachshunds, rottweilers, and dobermans are particularly aggressive, and very well known for attacking people. I was nearly bitten by a pit bull. I don't trust them. Most of the pit bulls I've been around, I've been chased by them. And where I live, people seem to disregard leash laws, with all breeds of dogs. I've been chased by many breeds of dogs, but the one time I was nearly bitten, it was a pit bull.

Generally, I've noticed a surge in pit bull ownership, especially in suburban areas. I'm thinking "why?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies