Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:14 PM

13,853 posts, read 5,564,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I'm not one much for Satire unless it has take the lies and turn them to show the truths.... Does Arizona come to mind to anyone?
Again, the fiction agrees with the voices in your head, therefore it is now non-fiction and we should be angry at Republicans for something they hypothetically said in a fictional work because well, they probably think stuff like this anyway, and it's good enough cause to be angry at them?

OK, well, Democrats molest children and sheep, they sell drugs to preschoolers, and have secret labs where they torture puppies to satisfy the dread lord Cthulhu.

That's satire, but I wouldn't have been able to think it up that fast if it weren't pretty close to the real truth, so let's just agree that my satire is fact and we should be very angry at Democrats now for all the crazy evil I listed, which must be true, right?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,212,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So you admit it's a straw man thread that uses satire to create an ad hominem? Right?

A humor writer creates a piece of satirical fiction, but because the theme of that satire comports with your anti-GOP partisan worldview, you are now claiming it mirrors the truth...as you see it.

Well, not for nothing, but your posting history makes it quite clear that the voices in your head and the neighbor's dog are telling you all manner of horror about Republicans. We get it. And absent fact, you'll latch onto fiction to help preach your anti-GOP message. Okie doke.
I would not be so Anti-GOP if they actually support things which help the American People. But they continually want to take away what helps drive this country and supports many things in this country.
I've spoken of these variable in many post. If they stop attacking the government and its programs, stop fighting regulatory governance and learn that progress is a element of many factors that must be worked with. We can't go backwards, and Austerity is not the answer. Those are some of the things I have issue with as to Republicans. I don't think they are all of some racist nature, but they too often play to the racist issue as a vote getting tool, and in doing so it feeds the negative groups that are with racist ideals, to think the whole party supports that madness. Then the part won't stand up and declare itself as a non racist playmaker, they let it stand as it come across. This is in no way good for the Party nor the Nation.
There are some thing Republican push which I support whole and fully, and that is working on methods of accountability within the individuals. But we have to make pathways for people to be able to support individual accountability. We have areas of massive black populations that have no job centers, no industrial complexes, and when poverty strikes it rolls like a bulldozer pushing a pile of tumble weeds, it picks up everything in its pathway. This very same is true in the dire poor whites areas, be it in the confines of cities or out in the sectors of countryside, to the once upon a time, mining towns, the once upon a time mill towns and small town that hang on by a thread.

Now, those are issues I would like to see the GOP embrace and work to change ina meaningful manner, and you can't do that buy starting out to cut benefits and deny service, and this craziness about trying to dismantle health care. If anything, take it a move it forward by adding in the fixes that make it improve.

Actually, the world we live it, what people are facing and condition that continue to
impact the lives of American....the Humorist Article, just say's what John and Mitch have been doing all along, "fighting against improving life in American for Americans. That's what makes the title so alluring to post as a subject to provoke even more discussions.

Why would it take satire about immigration to push the point to the front? Maybe that is the questions some of you could be asking? Rather than tripping because I tied it to the current and realism of what conditions people are facing as well as what this nation is facing.

We have many places that have very challenged living conditions, EXCEPT for the well to do and the wealthy?
Go look at some of the threads talking about the low rate of wages across the nations, look at the people complaining when jobs numbers are posted, who then agree with what I wrote. When they say, many jobs are "low wage clerk like jobs" !!!!

We have the political satire shows fill the air waves nightly and they are certainly not suffering any level of rating slump. That means the people get it!!! it gives them a means to engage about the subject matter.

Ask some question? When companies are making ASTRONOMICALLY HIGH PROFITS:

Do we see many new factories going up? Do we see many jobs where the people who paid for their degree can work with progressive wages? Do we see any moves to revitalize any of our old mill towns, do we see any movenment to even focus on investing in our farm lands to help young people learn the value of farming and what it means to our food supply chain. ( Do we know many of our foods come from Foreign Locations, South of the Border and much comes even from across the Oceans) Now how is that possible, to sustain us in the long term? We don't ask these questions. We don't concern ourselves with why are we importing more clothes than we produce on our own shores. Where were the shoes you are wearing made? Have you ever owned a pair of shoes made in America?
Have you owned a TV or any Major Appliance Made in American in the last 10 or so years? We need to begin to ask why?
We need to ask, IS AMERICAN BEING MADE UNLIVABLE ? We buy a product we now have to replace much of it every 3-6 months if we actually put any usuage time in dealing with it. WHY?

As to the Immigrants, I don't know how the problem can be fixed, Its not possible to send them all back, and it's not possible to keep letting more flood in. If anything, HIRE BORDER GUARDS AND HIRE ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY DO THE JOB.

I think first thing we should do is, find out where the people are from, and send their country a bill of expense it has cost us to service them. I think for all illegals in detention centers should send the expense cost to the governement of those people. If they don't pay, we cut that amount of aid and then we began to cut their imports by what ever % they don't pay.

We've done enough to make American Cities Unlivable for the poor whites, minorities and women, already and just as I said, go all the way back to the days of Nixon. Many of you might not remember, but that is when Bread went from 30 cent to 60 cent and everything began spiking upwards in cost and the outsourcing of jobs took on a life of its own. By the time Reagain got in and did his thing with the ATC ( Air Traffice Controllers), the nations economy went down, and the union busting ramped up.

No longer was there such things as finding good jobs with high school anything, most of those jobs were wiped out by this time.

We are now a society with Wealthy Enclaves, well protected, we have the massive volume of gated communities, and what happends in the open span of cities? Services are reduced and infrastructure needs go unmet.

Now, tell me how Satire did not paint a picture that matches with the current reality and maybe that of the future.

As an end note: I wish the Republican Would Do some good things for the people and this country, I wish they would pass bills that meet the humane concerns and we become a nation as willing to help our own people, as we grandstand about helping other nations.

One thing I give to the Repulican without questions. They stick together even if their cause and premise is wrongly directed, they stick together on it. Sadly, their premise and cause is wrongly directed in this vile attack against the president, but what they have as a strong suit is, their sticking together.

I'm all for sticking together for any organization, but first and foremost let the agenda and premise and cause be for just and fair things for American people. Also be a party that even though it sticks together, be willing, motivated and with promoted effort to be inclusive minded.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 11-20-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 11-20-2014, 01:38 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,212,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when i think of ferguson i will try to remember that.
somehow your concept of democracy is different from mine.
I am unsure what your point is?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:48 PM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
You do realize this article is a joke, right? As in political satire?
If it is satire, some of us "humor challenged", such as myself, cannot tell the difference. I take alot of things seriously, so in many cases, it is hard for me to know if something is a joke or not, especially if it is on the internet.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Sometimes, Satire gets it in a perspective people can actually interpert perspectively.
But with any humor, there is often many aspects of truths which often people don't want to face without a laugh preceeding it.

In this case, Satire, may have gotten the perspective close to the real premise of aim and function.
I was going to respond to your posting, but anything I say to you would provide lots of humor to everyone else, but probably get me banned for life here..

I mean really? Do you really think like this?

Old 11-20-2014, 01:52 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,226,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it is satire, some of us "humor challenged", such as myself, cannot tell the difference. I take alot of things seriously, so in many cases, it is hard for me to know if something is a joke or not, especially if it is on the internet.
If it had been one of your posts I would not have asked the question because you generally seem to be quite cognizant of what the subject in a discussion is all about. I wasn't so sure about the o.p. but you are correct in that the written word can lose the humorous aspects for some of us.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:01 PM

37,768 posts, read 40,902,683 times
I can't wait until you libs have to pay for this lawless President. Urban gangs making it difficult for you to be out on your city streets, the base that you court only at election time unable to compete for jobs, restless and spoiling for a fight, your taxes going through the roof to pay for all of these poor people you want to flood into the country, disease that impacts cities disproportionately because you all live so close together and living in fear of the terrorists who can't be bothered with rural and suburban areas (no media presence) practically invited in by your President with his look-the-other-way idea of law enforcement. You're all so ignorant that even when his administration repeatedly lies and has been videotaped doing so, you act like you're the three monkeys with your hand over your eyes, ears and mouth. And then when one of your own

"mocks the “stupidity” of American voters and boasts of the Obama administration’s ability to take advantage of it" in not one but 7 different videos,"

Thanks to Jonathan Gruber for revealing Obamacare deception - The Washington Post

you, your pals on Capitol Hill and the brown noses in the news (now too ashamed to actually report what's going on) media conveniently all get amnesia forgetting it wasn't Republicans who had to "pass the bill to find out what's in it," a phrase that will go down in political doofus imfamy. All of your boobs voted "yes" on Obamacare which makes them and those who voted for them, the stupid people to which Gruber refers.

Good luck, Progs. You're going to need it.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:03 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Just wanted to make sure you understood it wasn't real.
Liberals can't tell the difference, they quote SNL skits as fact and use comedians as their "news" source. Satire like this is their fantasy dream come true.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:08 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Does he mean like most of Central America and Mexico?

Old 11-20-2014, 02:11 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times
This is what happens to people who get their news from Comedy Central.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.