Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 12:46 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
yep. with failed birther attorney larry klayman handling the case.

i wish vegas accepted bets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:03 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
But deporting them is not a realistic option. Everyone knows that. So what do you do?
You START the process and work through it--no matter long it takes. The "We can't deport them all" gets so OLD!! There is no time like the present.

A complete fence with a few layers of razor wire should help things nicely, too. Secure the border, militarize it--and start the deportation process.

Do not deport the illegal alien killers--execute them--one problem solved.

Once deportations have seriously started--and the border secured and militarized--have immigration reform in the category of stopping the abuse of "birthright" citizenship (at least one parent must be a US citizen), do away with free public education (overturn Plyler vs Doe) and make life as miserable as possible for both illegal aliens and those who employ them.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:06 PM

671 posts, read 890,627 times
The very idea of any law is to apply all laws at all times equally across the board...Once selective enforcement enters the picture you have in effect committed a criminal act... There is a process in place for changing any law, be it revised up or down or even to be scrubbed....Nowhere is selective enforcement part of the process....
The issue is that simple....

Old 11-21-2014, 01:10 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Just can't wait for a puritan President to be this imperious but with regards to all the stuff liberals cry about. Now we have the newly minted "because Congress isn't agreeing with me" clause in the Constitution, I will giggle my arse off when this shift towards monarchy comes back to haunt every liberal currently cheering for King Obama.

I hope the next GOP president unilaterally does something that makes the PATRIOT Act look like a cop barking at a jaywalker. It will be worth watching the country be that oppressed just to see liberals get their face jammed hard into the filth of their own hypocrisy on executive overreach.

One truly positive thing comes out of it - next GOP president can totally gut ObamaCare without any help from Congress. Just wave their scepter and tell everyone to ignore the law, what with it being a hardship for some. Hey insurers, don't worry about dropping people with preexisting conditions...I won't prosecute you, and that's the measure of a law anymore, whether or not the President cares enough to enforce it.

Cannot wait for these chickens to come home and roost.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Well.. that didn't take long.... Just got an e-mail from the law firm that handled the months of prep when hubby went overseas to work. What strikes me most... The fact that folks coming LEGALLY are still going to have to pony up big bucks and lots of time, yet the criminals.... well.... they get a free pass.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
68,500. A large number, but not hundreds of thousands. Let's keep it honest. And the number of adults who come is mediated by the availability of work in the US not by our laws (obviously). The recession cut the number of illegals entering drastically. This should be proof to anyone that if you want to stop illegal immigration the most promising approach is stop illegal hiring.
I think your points lead to the conclusion if you want to cut the number of illegals entering drastically have a recession.

On a more serious note why don't we stop illegal hiring? I am sure it is illegal to hire an illegal alien.

Although I hired two people ( I will call them independent contractors who I did not ask if they are here legally) to clean my yard.
They did not speak English well, were both from Guatemala and worked harder than anyone else I have ever hired for the task.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:40 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Line the border with 50 Cals and shoot everyone who steps over the line. They will get the idea in a couple days. Pretty cheap solution to.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:46 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Line the border with 50 Cals and shoot everyone who steps over the line. They will get the idea in a couple days. Pretty cheap solution to.
Not a bad idea. We aren't a nation of laws anyway, so do what you like until someone stops you. As long as there was a pressing need for it and Congress was being too slow, it's your world.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
You START the process and work through it--no matter long it takes. The "We can't deport them all" gets so OLD!! There is no time like the present.

A complete fence with a few layers of razor wire should help things nicely, too. Secure the border, militarize it--and start the deportation process.

Do not deport the illegal alien killers--execute them--one problem solved.

Once deportations have seriously started--and the border secured and militarized--have immigration reform in the category of stopping the abuse of "birthright" citizenship (at least one parent must be a US citizen), do away with free public education (overturn Plyler vs Doe) and make life as miserable as possible for both illegal aliens and those who employ them.
A double fence as used by prisons. Let big mean dogs run around within.

Those who employ them, even homeowners who hire them to mow grass, should be fined heavily. There is the start. I bet you neighbor would hate a $10K fine from the IRS for not filing 1099s after contracting illegals for the year to do yardwork.
Sorry, no more cheap landscaping. American kids can get off their lazy a$$es and work for spending money. Maybe tuck some away for after school as well.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:34 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Reward the criminals is not really policy.
Criminals are rewarded everyday in our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies