Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 10:05 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I only ask because for years, theyve been gleefully forecasting the death of the dollar, but now the greenback is the undisputed king of currency again.

Gold Weaker, Hovering Near 4-Year Low, As Strong U.S. Dollar Keeps Buyers Scarce - Forbes
When the cycles inevitably reverse, will you be posting:

"I was so wrong, the neocons were so right, I abase myself to their superior knowledge"?

If not, then your comments are hypocritical now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
Glenn Beck will be sad
the guys always sad... cant stand his reformed drunkeness.. cries like a baby.. bad rep of conspiracy jive.. btw I buy gold anytime i can get it below melt

Old 11-22-2014, 10:22 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
the guys always sad... cant stand his reformed drunkeness.. cries like a baby.. bad rep of conspiracy jive.. btw I buy gold anytime i can get it below melt
That's the only way to buy it.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 AM

128 posts, read 122,871 times
Several talk radio hosts are physical gold shills. People seem to think a soft, yellow metal will save them if the economy collapses. How about learning a trade skill so you can barter for goods and services?

Old 11-22-2014, 10:37 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
The dollar has been helped tremendously by our oil and gas production and thesoft world economy has put downward pressure on commodities. Currently I like it as I´m working in Peru and every day the dollar strengthens against the S/, so everything is cheap here. However, like other exports, my services may become too costly for my clients due to the dollars strength so it´s a plus up to a point.

On the political side, the Repub Congress has halted the drunken sailor spending that the Dems had foisted which is helping the dollar so I´m happy about that and will be even happier if the Repubs take all 3 branches and fix the debt and other problems.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:56 AM

348 posts, read 294,425 times
Some of the Asian oil transactions are with gold.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Other aspects:
- the EU is actively reducing the strength of the euro, some already say there is a kind of currency war
- the gold price fell this week because late November there will be a referendum in Switzerland; after initial fears according to surveys the Swiss will likely not vote for a plan that would force Switzerland to multiply its gold reserves; if however they vote in favor of that plan after all, the gold price would increase sharply because Switzerland would have to buy at least 1,500 tons of gold

Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,586,452 times
this is happening because war is likely. NATO wants Ukraine,
including Eastern Ukraine, and Putin has vowed to stop it
from happening. The prices in the west are all manipulated by
the Federal Reserve banks.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I haven't seen him in years..last time I paused for a second on his program he had a chalk board up and was crying and blowing little snot bubbles..I thought"who?who would be stupid enough to listen to this more than 10 seconds" and lucky I could only make it 8 seconds.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Most people under 60 years of age have never seen a panic in this country like they did under Bush/Cheney. While waging an un winnable war in Iraq on the national credit card and giving tax breaks to billionaires, in their spare time they shrieked constantly about the fear of terrorism (that they were creating and that we are struggling to contain in Iraq and Syria today)

I do know that the mining industry is presently in a very low state and the market for mining products is very weak right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies