Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 03:42 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I'm sorry... but I would do it legally or not at all....

To work in Peru and become a "temporary" citizen not a permanent one hubby had to:

Go through ton's of legal paperwork including Power of Attorney's
Three visit's to the Peruvian Embassy
Two visits to Interpol
Fingerprinting
Physical which covered every major bodily system
Dental screenings
Eye screenings
Hearing Screenings
Twenty-five year apostilled certificate of labor
Twenty year driving abstract
Time frame - Five and 1/2 months

And we can't even check ID at the border????
Really I wouldn't force myself upon another country either. There are simply too many options. Just as I wouldn't break into another persons home simply because it is a nicer home than mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I don't think I go where I was illegal for sure. Kind of like being on the run as a fugitive really. I hope to be able to go to a better place legally and work towards it if I did not like my country. As to above why hide the country and just say its better than US now. Refugees isn't quite the same really thing. But even the better life style is suspicious when followed by can leave for a better economy in another EU.German and UK is the only one I see doing ok in this economy and seem over whelmed with economic refugees.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:01 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Well, I have been to many countries, and I would have to say that America is definitely a land of dream. I doubt America is a land of milk and honey though. America is the best for people who know how to save, invest. America is also good for people who are creative and hard working.

Common sense tells me that The issue is that for illegal immigrants, it will be much difficult to find better employment, which may end up slowing down their dreams and shortening their quality of life and opportunities.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:55 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
So I guess some of the pro-illegals in here are saying they wouldn't give a damn if they hurt American citizens trying to feed their own families by coming here illegally just as long as they could feed their own? I'd like to know what moral compass is in their selfish minds.

By the way, "Illegal" - in a country illegally. "Alien" - foreigner.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:00 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Alien" - foreigner.
Like E.T.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:13 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If you were a Mexican, Chinese, Indian, Cuban, etc.
would you enter The U.S.A. illegally to get a job so you could
feed your family, or to escape persecution, or whatever ?

Would you really care what Americans would think of you ?

I know I would not care ! ! !

If people left the USA for Canada or mexico in droves, you would think that was a slight against the USA, an embarassment that politicians would jump on accusing the other party of destroying the country and present a plan to retain people. Somehow the conditions and attitude of the MX govenment is stunningly missing from the discussion.
Why is that????????

Going to the US to find work that most often is low paid and menial would suggest the smart way to handle the situation created by Obama would be to continue to work under the table and not pay taxes until you get caught and then say Okay where do I sign up. I've been her for more than 5 years so they won't deport me.

Why heck I didn't really want to be a citizen, I just came for the moneybut now I get all sort of benefits if I become a citizen. So my motivation for becoming a citizen is for personal profit not patriotism.

Why is the media not asking where the MX government is in the face of mass migration from that country???

Get MX involved i the discussion!!!!!!!

Alternatively we may as well just annex Mexican teritory as mpost of its citizens are being handed citizenship, the government is absent and the new, smaller southern border would be a cinch to fence off.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
The one I responded to you notice didn't want to say where that greener pasture was. One only has to look at BBC special they ran a while back on Eastern Europeans miserable life styles coming to UK to work. Many coming alone living in a shack in alley sending money home to support extended family. A substantial amount of those nations GDP in Euros was from so many doing just that it showed.UK and Germany are getting massive numbers which has become a political issue in both.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:16 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
Well my family came here legally from Lebanon, so its pretty much a huge slap in the face.
Exactly. It's also a huge slap in the face to my family members on my Grandfather's side who immigrated here legally from Central America.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:19 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You're agreeing to nonsense.

Foreigners.
Ummm...here we go again with you.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:25 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdemak View Post
Well my family came here legally from Lebanon, so its pretty much a huge slap in the face.
There's a petition to refund fees for those who migrated legally...

Refund the fees to legal immigrants who have applied over the past six years

Though if 'illegal' is no longer applicable then being legal is no longer appropriate either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
My family was originally illegal immigrants that arrived on the Mayflower. They conquered the land to survive.
I guess that petition wouldn't apply to your family but I would support some reward for their efforts considering the quality and quantity of gifts they left for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies