Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 10:04 PM

779 posts, read 630,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Lack of fingerprints on the gun doesn't mean Brown didn't try to grab for it.
His testimony said that he did grab it not that he attempted. We won't know if fingerprints would have helped to prove that party of the story because they didn't bother to take any from the gun.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:19 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,179,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Police officer Darren Wilson shoots an allegedly aggressive thug, and liberals and black people find him guilty of murder in the court of public opinion.
He shot someone who didn't have a gun.

Quote:
What about alleged sexual predator Bill Cosby? Do you folks find him guilty of rape in the same manner for which Darren Wilson has been deemed guilty?
Do you read any leftwing websites? Everyone's piling on Bill Cosby, especially those on the left. And the story broke because of something a black comedian said.

Quote:
I'll remind you that neither have been charged with a crime, but both are being held accountable for unproven wrongdoing.

It's a logical question and a test of your colorblind objectivity.
lol

Old 12-09-2014, 08:51 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,764,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"Thug" is the new N-word for Conservatives.
Reminds of how liberals use the word "gentrification" to help the poor out in their neighborhoods.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:30 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,813,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Reminds of how liberals use the word "gentrification" to help the poor out in their neighborhoods.
Um no comparison; nice try though!

Old 12-09-2014, 02:51 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,764,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Um no comparison; nice try though!
But wouldn't it be hypocritical as a liberal to help out the poor and support gentrification at the same time?

Old 12-09-2014, 02:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,008,035 times
They don't consider Bill one of them, so he's fair game.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:05 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,579,503 times
Quote:
Oh brother. I'm not even going to respond to this idiocy.
A dumb comparison , deserve a response to 'an idiocy' !! lol !!

The idiocy is to compare a 'rape' and a murder !!

Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 PM

4,739 posts, read 4,423,432 times
Quote:
Police officer Darren Wilson shoots an allegedly aggressive thug, and liberals and black people find him guilty of murder in the court of public opinion.
A little bit of a strawman here. Your saying everyone must automatically say that Wilson is guilty. . ? no I don't buy that.

Well most people see a very large issue at play here. Police are doing their own investigations. The DA manages the grand jury and has significant incentive to be nice to Police. Though most grand jury's go to trial, those with policeman rarely do.

I do not know if Daren Wilson was innocent or guilty. The travesty is that this is not going to trial where all evidence can be displayed. A grand jury is not a trial. . .

The issue is lack of accountability. Look at Alberque new mexico, 30 years without a single police indicitnment for uncessary force. . .and now the Feds have been called in. Your burying your head in the sand if you don't think there is some issue.

Though Daren Wilson's case is a feather on the camel, but not the entire reason for concern.

Quote:
What about alleged sexual predator Bill Cosby? Do you folks find him guilty of rape in the same manner for which Darren Wilson has been deemed guilty?
I have no idea. It doesn't look good for BC, lets see if charges are pressed. Better bet this will go to trial.

Quote:
I'll remind you that neither have been charged with a crime, but both are being held accountable for unproven wrongdoing.

It's a logical question and a test of your colorblind objectivity.

yeah but the fun fact is . . .BC will go to trial

because he is a police officer, there is no chance Daren Wilson will. .except maybe a Civil case.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,771,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't know anything about what happened in Ferguson. I'm not interested in that case.

I don't know what Bill Cosby did or didn't do.

So again, are you someone in a position to give tests to us black folks? And if so, who or what ordained you to do so?
having no accurate knowledge of a case doesn't preclude you from standing on the sidewalk, chanting "hands up, don't shoot" or looting your local small business. Or at least that's what a bunch of protesters/looters believe!

Old 12-12-2014, 04:16 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,801,734 times
Hands up, don't shoot.
In loving memory, I will loot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies