Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:09 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Except with cars you have to take driver training and pass several tests before you can get a license to drive.
And that license can be revoked at any time if you do something wrong.

But any idiot can walk into a store and buy a gun, no training no license required.
In many states not even so much as a background check is necessary.
The word you missed in your first sentence was LEGALLY.

California has around 2 million unlicensed drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 06:14 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Every time I see one of those gun free signs, I laugh and think to myself.... If they only knew.

My pistol stays in my boot from the time I walk out the door, to the time I walk in the door.
No sign is going to remove it.
The stickers aren't there to protect anyone on the premises, but rather to reduce liability to the owner.

Me personally, I'm kinda glad there are some people like you around......

Old 11-25-2014, 06:16 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
gene pool cleaning itself.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Every time I see one of those gun free signs, I laugh and think to myself.... If they only knew.

My pistol stays in my boot from the time I walk out the door, to the time I walk in the door.
No sign is going to remove it.

That's all well and good until the day someone rear ends your car in the parking lot of a prohibited place such as school property. We all know what comes next. The po po arrive and it's license and registration puh-leeze. Then it's on to "sir, have you been drinking? Any guns in the car?" Of course you can refuse those questions but we all know how that usually goes. Be careful out there....

Old 11-25-2014, 06:22 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A white woman accidentally shot and killed herself late Friday with a gun she bought to protect herself from unrest in Ferguson.

St. Louis Woman Accidentally Kills Herself With Gun She Bought For Possible Ferguson Unrest
sheesh, This is a tragedy all right, but seriously..

How do you become a pilot? I guess you must take flight tests and written test. These tests / examinations / training / will ensure that you know exactly what you are doing behind the yoke when you flew.

I consider myself a very responsible gun owner. First and foremost, I don't believe gun ownership is a right, it is a privilege instead. Rights are reserved for real rights like the right to clean air. let's not pretend every idiot out there should be buying a gun.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:26 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
sheesh, This is a tragedy all right, but seriously..

How do you become a pilot? I guess you must take flight tests and written test. These tests / examinations / training / will ensure that you know exactly what you are doing behind the yoke when you flew.

I consider myself a very responsible gun owner. First and foremost, I don't believe gun ownership is a right, it is a privilege instead. Rights are reserved for real rights like the right to clean air. let's not pretend every idiot out there should be buying a gun.
Can you cite the section of the U.S. Constitution that states we have the right to clean air? Thanks.....

Old 11-25-2014, 06:26 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A white woman accidentally shot and killed herself late Friday with a gun she bought to protect herself from unrest in Ferguson.

St. Louis Woman Accidentally Kills Herself With Gun She Bought For Possible Ferguson Unrest
Quote:
she began waving the gun around claiming they were ready for Ferguson
Unfortunate. But better that the idiot kill herself while recklessly waving the gun around than the idiot kill another while recklessly waving the gun around.

[ready or not]

Old 11-25-2014, 06:37 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
That's all well and good until the day someone rear ends your car in the parking lot of a prohibited place such as school property. We all know what comes next. The po po arrive and it's license and registration puh-leeze. Then it's on to "sir, have you been drinking? Any guns in the car?" Of course you can refuse those questions but we all know how that usually goes. Be careful out there....

I don't drink. I am always the designated driver.
I will not be searched for a bumper bump in a school parking lot. I haven't been searched even going into the courthouse and the metal detector. I tell them I broke my leg and have a steel rod in my fibia, as they wand me. I'm there at least 3 times a month as expert witness, for attorneys. The deputy sheriffs at the metal detector know me pretty well.
I have a CCL. It is called the 2nd amendment to the constitution of the USA.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 AM

39,200 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Can you cite the section of the U.S. Constitution that states we have the right to clean air? Thanks.....
No I cannot. But clean air is real right to me. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:53 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Buying a gun is not like buying a purse.

1) Her husband should have understood this and had the gun unloaded and secured until she learned proper techniques for handling a gun

2) Never wave a loaded gun around as a joke

3) Always assume any gun is loaded when you pick it up and properly remove ammo

I learned all of these things before I was 10 years old. Never shot myself.
" Her husband"? BS. ERA all the way. She is is an adult, not some little kid that needs Daddy to take care of her.

It comes back to "personal responsibility"

Why is it that some always want o blame someone else and NOT the person directly responsible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies