Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:18 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,077,882 times

Advertisements

Children listen to their parents actions more than their words. Setting a good example is important. However at a certain age kids friends become a bigger influence than their parents. I'm sure it's tough for good parents in thug neighborhoods.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,076,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Says who? You?

Never had that happen and I have had plenty of dogs. I have 3 now, that know what I'm thinking before I say it. One of which I didn't raise. My dad did and now after two years with us, he is getting with the program.

Responsibility is great and taught by, the punishment for a bad choice.
My teaching is to think long and hard before you act, as your choice may be the difference in great reward, or getting your ass beat.
So should we be beating our children when they do something wrong? What better way to raise a child than to beat them. that is called bad parenting.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:26 AM

25,792 posts, read 16,434,167 times
Quote:
The root of all evils in the USA today.

Teaching right from wrong at an early age, along with staying on top of them as they learn everyday, on the way to adulthood.

In every conclusion: Good or bad, Parenting has been the driver for the outcome of the soon to be adults(if they make it that far, in the cases of bad)

From the doctors that sacrifice themselves to go treat Ebola patients, to the jobless thugs that prey on the weak in society. It all starts with the parents, which direction the kids life will take.
The liberals claim we don't need families or the church or morality.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Bull**** again, your statement doesn't look at logical facts. Look at cases where two children of the same parent go on to completely different lives. Equally loving parents.

No, your statement has nothing to do with what is said.

How does good parents having bad kids prove that bad parents produce bad kids? It doesn't. Plenty of ****ty parents with great kids.
Anyone who won't admit parenting is 99% responsible for the success of a child is full of something or just clueless.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:46 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,129,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Anyone who won't admit parenting is 99% responsible for the success of a child is full of something or just clueless.
I agree with that statement. And what I find sad is that society as a whole is what has created the bad parenting paradigm to begin with. The meltdown of the nuclear family where childbirth out of wed-lock, absentee parents, not enough family time, lack of basic education, too much media and the lack of good-old common sense value's are to blame for the lack of parenting these days.

Instead of a family working together for the good of and survival of the family, these days it's plop the kid in front of an X-box while mom goes to yoga and dad is busy on the golf-course. A few months on a family farm trying to put food in everyone's mouth would go a long way towards helping teach responsibility.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:51 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So should we be beating our children when they do something wrong? What better way to raise a child than to beat them. that is called bad parenting.

Kids got switch or a belt 50 years ago.....
Kids don't get disciplined with instant pain today.....

The experiment in child rearing has proven what works.

I do believe 50 years ago kids had manners and respect. Today, not so much.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:59 AM

4,739 posts, read 4,423,432 times
Quote:
The root of all evils in the USA today.

Teaching right from wrong at an early age, along with staying on top of them as they learn everyday, on the way to adulthood.

In every conclusion: Good or bad, Parenting has been the driver for the outcome of the soon to be adults(if they make it that far, in the cases of bad)

From the doctors that sacrifice themselves to go treat Ebola patients, to the jobless thugs that prey on the weak in society. It all starts with the parents, which direction the kids life will take.

So today's parents are so much better than our parents and grand parents? is that what you are saying (because declining crime, homicides, etc?)

Old 12-05-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Kids got switch or a belt 50 years ago.....
Kids don't get disciplined with instant pain today.....

The experiment in child rearing has proven what works.

I do believe 50 years ago kids had manners and respect. Today, not so much.
Yeah, beating a child is an example of a bad parent. Beating a child doesn't make one a good parent, but it does teach a child that pain equals love and will more than likely screw them up as an adult with the poor choices they will make with partners.

One shouldn't need to beat another person to discipline them.

My sister and I grew up with manners and respect and our parents never once beat us. Our parents also taught us to take responsibility of our actions when we are adults as well. I don't blame any mistakes I make as an adult on my parents.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, beating a child is an example of a bad parent. Beating a child doesn't make one a good parent, but it does teach a child that pain equals love and will more than likely screw them up as an adult with the poor choices they will make with partners.

One shouldn't need to beat another person to discipline them.

My sister and I grew up with manners and respect and our parents never once beat us. Our parents also taught us to take responsibility of our actions when we are adults as well. I don't blame any mistakes I make as an adult on my parents.
Not all kids need a beating but some do. Depends on the kid, the culture of the family and the location. What every kid needs is parents who care enough to do what it takes to raise them right.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Not all kids need a beating but some do. Depends on the kid, the culture of the family and the location. What every kid needs is parents who care enough to do what it takes to raise them right.
False, no child needs to be beaten by their parents to show the parents care enough for them. In this country, no culture is an excuse to beat a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies