U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-26-2014, 09:50 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 615,358 times
Reputation: 991

Advertisements

His father, Harold Giuliani, was a convicted felon and served time in Sing-Sing. He then worked as an enforcer for his brother in law, Leo D'Avanzo, whose sister is Rudy's mother.

Their criminal organization was involved in various armed robberies, shootings, and all the good stuff that comes with a criminal lifestyle. This is the type of environment Rudy Giuliani was raised in, the culture of the italian mafia with which he is well acquainted.

Yet, he has the nerve to come on TV and stigmatize other cultures if some of their members commit violent offenses.

To Mr Giuliani and others like him : clean up the mess in your own community first.

"Harold Giuliani, Rudy's father, served time in prison for armed robbery in the 1930s."

Rudy Giuliani Fast Facts - CNN.com

"Rudolph Giuliani was born in an Italian-American enclave in East Flatbush in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, the only child of working-class parents, Harold Angelo Giuliani (1908–1981) and Helen (née D'Avanzo; 1909–2002), both first-generation Americans, children of Italian immigrants.[13] He was raised a Roman Catholic.[14] Harold Giuliani had trouble holding a job and had been convicted of felony assault and robbery and served time in Sing Sing;[15] after his release he served as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo, who ran an organized crime operation involved in loan sharking and gambling at a restaurant in Brooklyn"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani

"Leo and Harold were reportedly in a mafia shootout in Brooklyn, in 1962. This shootout involved another mob member and was over an issue they had regarding one of their loan sharking businesses."

Mob Wives: Lewis D’Avanzo, Lee D’Avanzo’s Dad… | M.O.B. Wives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Texas
471 posts, read 674,588 times
Reputation: 317
You must be the last person to learn this. But do you have a point to make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:13 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 615,358 times
Reputation: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
But do you have a point to make?
It's in the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:17 AM
 
10,858 posts, read 6,556,910 times
Reputation: 6119
JFK's sociopathic father was also mob connected.

Nancy Pelosi's dad too.

Virtually every single Democratic machine, big city mayor for the last century was too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:19 AM
 
37,043 posts, read 38,158,075 times
Reputation: 14795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
.


To Mr Giuliani and others like him : clean up the mess in your own community first.
Somebody needs to spend a little time reading history... LOL You obviously do not know the history of Giuliani.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
 
47,316 posts, read 24,544,362 times
Reputation: 14461
Rudy Giuliani BROKE the mafia in NYC almost singlehandedly using every tool given to him by the state and feds. No other prosecutors with the exception of Tom Dewey ever achieved his success.

So throwing shade on him is highly unfair. No one can choose their family members.

And while he's a bit of a grandstander and a big mouth at times, he appears to be a man above reproach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM
 
1,038 posts, read 615,358 times
Reputation: 991
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Somebody needs to spend a little time reading history... LOL You obviously do not know the history of Giuliani.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Rudy Giuliani BROKE the mafia in NYC almost singlehandedly using every tool given to him by the state and feds. No other prosecutors with the exception of Tom Dewey ever achieved his success.


I do not hear Mr Giuliani making wide generalizations about italians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 10:53 AM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,665,066 times
Reputation: 2797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
His father, Harold Giuliani, was a convicted felon and served time in Sing-Sing. He then worked as an enforcer for his brother in law, Leo D'Avanzo, whose sister is Rudy's mother.

Their criminal organization was involved in various armed robberies, shootings, and all the good stuff that comes with a criminal lifestyle. This is the type of environment Rudy Giuliani was raised in, the culture of the italian mafia with which he is well acquainted.

Yet, he has the nerve to come on TV and stigmatize other cultures if some of their members commit violent offenses.

To Mr Giuliani and others like him : clean up the mess in your own community first.

"Harold Giuliani, Rudy's father, served time in prison for armed robbery in the 1930s."

Rudy Giuliani Fast Facts - CNN.com

"Rudolph Giuliani was born in an Italian-American enclave in East Flatbush in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, the only child of working-class parents, Harold Angelo Giuliani (1908–1981) and Helen (née D'Avanzo; 1909–2002), both first-generation Americans, children of Italian immigrants.[13] He was raised a Roman Catholic.[14] Harold Giuliani had trouble holding a job and had been convicted of felony assault and robbery and served time in Sing Sing;[15] after his release he served as an enforcer for his brother-in-law Leo D'Avanzo, who ran an organized crime operation involved in loan sharking and gambling at a restaurant in Brooklyn"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani

"Leo and Harold were reportedly in a mafia shootout in Brooklyn, in 1962. This shootout involved another mob member and was over an issue they had regarding one of their loan sharking businesses."

Mob Wives: Lewis D’Avanzo, Lee D’Avanzo’s Dad… | M.O.B. Wives
I think the lesson is that he overcame his environment and went on to become very successful despite it. Is that what you meant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 AM
 
33,208 posts, read 14,482,483 times
Reputation: 7565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
JFK's sociopathic father was also mob connected.

Nancy Pelosi's dad too.

Virtually every single Democratic machine, big city mayor for the last century was too.
Harry Reid's Great grandfather was was a horse thief.

We could easily have posted the Daily family of Chicago but, I don't think there is enough space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 AM
 
Location: Washington State
15,283 posts, read 7,970,886 times
Reputation: 13105
No wonder he knew how to clean up the city...thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top