Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 09:45 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,922,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
It's only racially divided if you're a racist who's mad that a black man is President, or if you watch Fox "News" and believe that President Obama is racist against white people.

In my real world, the races mix freely and without issue.
Absolutely this^^^. The intensified race issues in the U.S. in recent years are no doubt fueled by Faux News Entertainment, paranoid white supremicists who refuse to love and accept everyone, and despicable blowhards like Rush Limbaugh and those of his ilk. I really feel sorry for those raised in a home where you were taught to hate someone of another race--or who are simply different than you. Or those who learn about the world by watching exaggerated television shows that pretend to be "news" or listen to right-wing hate radio. You're watching someone else's narrative that they have created for you. Create your own narrative. It's time.

Racism is learned---we are not born this way. When are people going to start thinking for themselves, for pete's sake? Turn off the goll dang TV---quit listening to Limbaugh. Give yourself permission to love people..period. Discard racism and leave it on the rubbish can where it belongs.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:53 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,371,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You're 32. That is the thing. You have to understand this from a historical perspective. This nation has always had issues as far as race relations are concerned, and this nation has seen far worse days than this.

Nadir of American race relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sundown town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cincinnati riots of 1841 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cincinnati riots of 1829 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
New Orleans riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Opelousas Massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Race_Riot_(1863)
New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meridian Race Riot of 1871 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wilmington Insurrection of 1898 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Atlanta Race Riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
East St. Louis, Illinois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mass racial violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A look at history shows that severe racial division has been a fact of life throughout this nation's history, and outbreaks of racial violence were far more common place back then.
'
Sure it was worse before. But in my lifetime it has regressed. We're talking about that specific timeline of America. So since the early 80s until now, I say for sure it has regressed.

Facebook posts (and this website and and the plethora of others) alone confirm this. People (whites, in particular) are fed up with the white guilt BS and systematic agenda and so on. It's now coming to a head.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:57 AM

35,370 posts, read 20,730,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thank the divider in chief.

Obama has fomented the racial divisions in this case as well as the Trayvon Martin case. Obama is an overt racist. The sentiment of the nation is magnified by the position of the president, which is far from being "presidential".

OMG yes and now the LATINO community will rule-- stop blaming everything on one person. take responsibility for your own hatred

Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,390,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
So hearing the truth upsets you? You need to open your eyes and admit the truth...
The only thing that has poisoned me is having a corrupt, evil president who is intent on destroying America..
Your truth isn't necessarily my truth. I recommend you reflect upon Rosa Parks, MLK, Jim Crow, segregation, and THEN tell us that race relations are the worst they have ever been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The election of a black president was just too much for most racists to bear: they've been peeing their pants for six years now.

Police brutality and discrimination towards blacks has always existed. Discrimination and open racism was much worse earlier in U.S. history, e.g. blacks being declared 3/5s of a person, slavery, lynchings, Jim Crow, segregated schools, segregated restaurants, running blacks out of town.

At least the days of all-white juries are over----that's one improvement.
Absolutely. It's a discussion that we've needed to have for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I'm 32, and I have also never seen it this divisive. Keep in mind I'm from the 651, too, so "diversity" isn't something I'm not used to.
Again, the 60's. Here's a movie you'll find enlightening ~ Mississippi Burning ~ based on the actual murders of 3 civil rights workers.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:03 AM

40,920 posts, read 48,870,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
[/b]

OMG yes and now the LATINO community will rule-- stop blaming everything on one person. take responsibility for your own hatred
Obama does have the "Bully Pulpit" and he uses it well.

When one man is the President of the US, he has the power to unite or divide.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Thank the divider in chief.

Obama has fomented the racial divisions in this case as well as the Trayvon Martin case. Obama is an overt racist. The sentiment of the nation is magnified by the position of the president, which is far from being "presidential".
What an asinine comment. President Obama is no more racist than the man in the moon. If anything, he's probably more balanced in terms of race because of his mixed heritage. Moreover, he was chosen by his party and his corporate sponsors (wealthy white businessmen and bankers) to be the presidential nominee--twice. The people of this country voted him into office--twice. If you're going to say that he has personally fomented racial divisions, think again. If anyone has fomented racial tensions, it's been right-wing hate radio, fake news entertainment outfits, dyed-in-the wool white supremicists, and the political/monied class that have the real clout in this country. Can't you see when you've been deliberately baited? Wake up, man.

President Obama's ethnic heritage should be a non-issue. Ridiculous comments like the post above are what fuels racial tension. And why is it that some people conveniently brush under the rug that he is both white and black? Is it because his skin may be a tone darker than yours? Or that he has curly instead of straight hair? He's done nothing but embrace both sets of people---and that is what is pissing people like you off. Stop the hating, man.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:08 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,160,560 times
Race relations in America are much better than when I was a kid. There was open hostility still in the 1980s between races. Of course, if you never experienced that first hand then you might think that things are worse, but that's not the case.

I think that people now are just more aware of the racial issues that exist in this country. The internet has opened many's eyes.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:09 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,579,767 times
Racial strife is a keystone of the Democrat platform; ergo they make sure it is alive and well.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Racial strife is a keystone of the Democrat platform; ergo they make sure it is alive and well.
And another asinine comment. ^^^ Time to wake up, dude.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:16 AM

72,815 posts, read 62,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Sure it was worse before. But in my lifetime it has regressed. We're talking about that specific timeline of America. So since the early 80s until now, I say for sure it has regressed.

Facebook posts (and this website and and the plethora of others) alone confirm this. People (whites, in particular) are fed up with the white guilt BS and systematic agenda and so on. It's now coming to a head.
Actually, the only difference between the 1980s and now is that we have the internet. News gets passed around faster.

How do you know there weren't Whites thinking the same things back in the 1980s, when riots took place in Miami and Tampa? Or in the early 1990s with the Crown Heights riot in NYC? 1991 Washington DC riot?

The posts you see on facebook are a reflection of what has always been there. We were always a divided society.

Something else. In your lifetime, there were far more riots from the Rodney King verdict, in more cities, than in this particular case. Trust me, worse has happened. The biggest difference is media coverage, a a new way of sharing information. People have no problem going on facebook and venting. People come here and vent. Stormfront was created for racist persons to say what they think. Maybe it was less noticeable because the technology wasn't as advanced to show how divided we have ALWAYS been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies