Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 09:19 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Racial strife is a keystone of the Democrat platform; ergo they make sure it is alive and well.
Really? Even some Republicans have admitted to playing racial politics within the GOP.

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

Old 11-27-2014, 09:54 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It isn't that surprising. I live about an hour from a town that gained a similar reputation. It chased out its Black population a long time ago, and pretty much stayed that way into the 1980s. Forsyth County,GA. Ironically, it would become one of the fastest growing counties in the USA.
I grew up there and "passed", so I got to hear a lot of the things you would expect but were never heard among polite company when amongst neighbors and friends. When people found out we were Jewish, it was always up in the air if we'd get a hugely negative reaction or not. One of those reactions led to us getting on some KKK list and experiencing violence throughout elementary school. There were still signs on a few streets when I was very young pointing out our sundown status, using the N word for more power.

I'm 26. If you think race relations are worse today than they have been in your entire lifetime, you luckily lack the perspective to know what's really going on.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama does have the "Bully Pulpit" and he uses it well.

When one man is the President of the US, he has the power to unite or divide.
The man is mixed he is not biased - What can be seen though is the disgust -when you get up at the top and see the little children (congress) playing with people- I am sure that if you became president- you too would see what lies behind the scenes -and ask yourself ---what ===??
I will not say all are biased -but when something goes wrong... who will always be blamed ? just like the immigration issues- they don't blame employers- but the poor dark skin folk that pick tomatoes - ugly just comes out

Old 11-27-2014, 10:56 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I grew up there and "passed", so I got to hear a lot of the things you would expect but were never heard among polite company when amongst neighbors and friends. When people found out we were Jewish, it was always up in the air if we'd get a hugely negative reaction or not. One of those reactions led to us getting on some KKK list and experiencing violence throughout elementary school. There were still signs on a few streets when I was very young pointing out our sundown status, using the N word for more power.

I'm 26. If you think race relations are worse today than they have been in your entire lifetime, you luckily lack the perspective to know what's really going on.
I didn't hear about Forsyth County until I read a National Geographic article about Atlanta(which was published in 1988). There are many things I may never hear in polite company. I did later hear that Forsyth County grew fast during the 80s and 90s. I also read somewhere on this forum that Forsyth County grew so fast because it had a reputation for not being welcoming towards Blacks. I sometimes wonder if that is why some people I know are moving to Forsyth County. I can't say or prove. I can only speculate.

Someone told me that as late as the 90s, there was a big sign around Forsyth County saying what you are talking about. I never knew about the sign until 2009. I knew about the bad reputation though.

I have one question. You're 26, so you're 2 years younger than me. How does one find out that you are Jewish? It wouldn't surprise me that the KKK would exist in Forsyth County. However, I was never aware of any list being kept.

I don't think things are worse now that before. I think the internet and the media just makes people more aware of these things, and makes it easier to spread things around.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:01 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
And I'm 56 and have never seen the country so racially divided...

I've also never seen so many trying to take advantage of government help programs, people who actually don't need them but work just little enough to get the freebies. It's disgusting. And meanwhile, all the liberals I know are blind to this and think that our government needs to hand out more help and also invite more non-Americans to join in.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:02 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think it depends on where you are; I see no changes here. Mostly the same ole crowd burning and looting has they have done for decades when things don't go there way.
Indeed, those colonists are still at it !

Old 11-27-2014, 11:12 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
i am black

i talk to whites, asians, hispanics, other blacks on a daily basis

i could care less about what race a person is

i dont think the country is more racially divided more than it normally is. i think the op is more on some politics tangent and just felt the need to inject "race" into it because the current president is half-black. should rename the thread title and replace "racially" with the word "politically"

and even in that case the title would be a fail because, noone EVER agreed on politics, at minimum just always assume that the country is 50/50

Old 11-27-2014, 11:15 AM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,624 times
Race relations were agitated in the past because black people were fighting for their rights. Nowadays, it is because the remnants of the conservative white establishment is fighting against its own disappearance and trying to push back against the huge momentum of liberalism, and against the influx of minorities in the power structure, in the media and in politics. They are outraged at the two elections of Barack Obama, and cannot bear the fact that he is so popular. Since most of them are past 40 years old, soon they will be outlived by more tolerant people (and they are already outnumbered).

A falling tree makes the most noise when it hits the ground.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:22 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,439 times
again, this thread has nothing to do with race

its about politics

you all need to be more genuine when you make threads

Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times
Yes, a lot of people in the press seem to have some racial obsession going on. I could swear that it wasn't that way even ten years ago or so. And there's a lot of anti-white rhetoric coming from people on the political left these days, also a recent development. The Democrats long-term election strategy is based on "changing demographics," i.e., bringing a bunch of non-white people into the country and hoping that they'll vote Democrat. This a recent revolting development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies