Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 10:07 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,989,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
I keep hearing this. Can you please tell me what the Democrats have done that hurts or hinders black people but no one else?
I could talk about that all day but I'll keep it simple. They make Blacks believe that their party has their best interest when in reality it doesn't. Liberal Democrats don't want to address the actual issues in the Black community but rather focus on race baiting issues like White-on-Black crime while basically ignoring Black-on-Black crime. They keep dependent on the government with programs like welfare, which helps destroy the Black community.

Quote:
Not sure which blacks you are referring to when you say that "blacks have to solve the problem". Who do you think can go in and change the hearts and mind of criminal types and those who aren't on the "right" path?
It starts with the family, which is something that the democratic party has tried to destroy.

Quote:
What specific platforms and solutions do you think the Republican party has that would benefit a nice chunk of black people over those of the Democratic party? I'm not talking general beliefs, as much as Republicans talk about bootstraps and pulling them up, Democrats preach that they will give you bootstraps and you should then pull them up. Same end result but different methods so let's not get into rhetoric. I'm talking concrete proposals and such pushed by Republicans that Democrats shot down or didn't agree with.
They don't even have to join the Republican party. Just leave the Democratic plantation at the very least. Before they can even join another political party they must first take off the mental chains and shackles that the liberal Democrats have put on them.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:15 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I could talk about that all day but I'll keep it simple. They make Blacks believe that their party has their best interest when in reality it doesn't. Liberal Democrats don't want to address the actual issues in the Black community but rather focus on race baiting issues like White-on-Black crime while basically ignoring Black-on-Black crime. They keep dependent on the government with programs like welfare, which helps destroy the Black community.

It starts with the family, which is something that the democratic party has tried to destroy.

They don't even have to join the Republican party. Just leave the Democratic plantation at the very least. Before they can even join another political party they must first take off the mental chains and shackles that the liberal Democrats have put on them.
This post reminds me of the Turkey I had two days ago. It was stuffed full of crap of all varieties.

Everything you just said is biased, partisan opinion with absolutely no basis in fact. You couldn't provide one valid link to your conclusions if you were paid to do it.

Back it up with facts, stats or at least some information.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:19 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
The Rodney King riots were not from the 60s. It was 1992. If you are 28, you were alive when those happened.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:29 AM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Rodney King riots were not from the 60s.
St. Petersburg,Florida riot was in 1996.
Crown Heights riot, 1991.

Tampa and Miami both had several riots between the 1960s and 1980s.

Greensboro,NC massacre took place in 1979

Old 11-29-2014, 10:36 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
This should not come as a surprise considering this nation's history. It is reaping what it has sown.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:47 AM

779 posts, read 631,960 times
Quote:

That want very helpful. Your random generalizations aren't really helping to explain anything. Can you give me examples of a policy or laws that were supposed to help black people and the poor but didn't and where republicans food something that was a great help but they haven't received proper credit?

There is no focus on white on black crime. It's normally cops and possible prejudicial behavior. Most black people aren't on welfare and the majority of those who get on it do so when they have a hardship and get back off of it so this myth of dependency is simply not true.

Wait to take of the "chains and shackles" and join a different party because that party is pledging to ____?

What have they done to try and destroy the family? I've seen them be just as pro family as republicans, I tend to see more acceptance of non nuclear families but no big push to end the concept of family.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:07 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,140 times
Quote:
Liberal Democrats took advantage of the emotionally and psychologically damaged Blacks by brainwashing them into believing that the Democratic Party has their best interests when in reality the Democratic party became their new slave masters. Physical slavery and oppression pre-1960's was replaced with mental slavery. Once someone mentally enslaves you, there is no need for chains or shackles. Always remember that last part.
The gist of your assertion is that Blacks are easily mislead and brainwashed and that somehow Republicans lacked the political skills to do to Blacks what Democrats did. This is dubious. The more reasonable answer is that Blacks, as a group, wanted and liked what the Democrats offered over what the Republicans offered and voted accordingly.

While I agree that propaganda is a powerful tool, you are basically saying that Blacks have no free will and therefor aren't truly responsible for their own plight in life.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Has it been more divided? Obviously the civil war was. Recently? I doubt it
Actually, you are the same age as me, 28. I turned 6 the day before the Rodney King riots took place. Recent ly? Oh yes. Rodney King riots of 1992, which took place in several cities. The OJ Simpson trial showed how divided Blacks and Whites were. Riot in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1996. Riots in Cincinnati and Seattle in 2001. Toledo riot in 2005. Oakland riot in January 2009, before President Obama was inaugurated. There have been many recent events showing how divided we have always been.

Thanks to facebook, youtube, twitter, tumblr, internt forums, other social media, and 24/7 news coverage, you are being made aware of how divided the USA has always been. The internet just shows it better.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:12 PM

30,992 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Race relations are the best they have ever been in this country. The problem is media over exaggeration and sensationalism. The media should be providing facts, not opinions. It is disgusting because they incited all of this. I also believe there is a political component to all of this.
"Race relations are the best they have ever been in this country."
Absolutely, go out and look at mixed groups and couples. They are at an all time high. The news media makes no money off of Harmony.

"The media should be providing facts, not opinions. It is disgusting because they incited all of this."

Absolutely. People getting along isn't news worthy. White cops killing unarmed blacks or the black guy that was raping and killing clollege age white girls is what sales. The News media makes Billions off of this type of news.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Race relations are the best they have ever been in this country."
Absolutely, go out and look at mixed groups and couples. They are at an all time high. The news media makes no money off of Harmony.

"The media should be providing facts, not opinions. It is disgusting because they incited all of this."

Absolutely. People getting along isn't news worthy. White cops killing unarmed blacks or the black guy that was raping and killing clollege age white girls is what sales. The News media makes Billions off of this type of news.
For as much cynicism as I've gained over the years, I can find people of different races getting along. I've seen it, and lived it. My sister dating a White guy won't make the news. Me breaking bread with Turkish people, Hispanic people and White Americans won't make the news. Racial strife will always make the news. People of different races getting along almost never makes the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.