Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
[words that I hope were accidentally misinterprettable as an anti-Semitic slur and hopefully weren't intended as such and will be edited out]
Dude that is NOT appropriate. If you're throwing a word at a Jewish person that is often used in the context of an anti-Semitic slur and then feel the need to throw out a definition -- either to try to preemptively demonstrate that you aren't being anti-Semitic or because you think the term is obscure, I can't really tell which -- how about saying what you mean in a more understandable way that isn't easily confused for antisemitism at best and actual antisemitism at worst.

Last edited by ALackOfCreativity; 11-26-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 06:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
He running for president?

Old 11-26-2014, 07:14 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
No way he's running for the WH. He doesn't need it. He's an enormously powerful senator who will never lose in NY. He has Wall St financing at his beck and call and they like and fear him. He has it made in NY.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He running for president?
Or running damage control for whatever Democrat is..

Old 11-26-2014, 07:40 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Chuckie Schumer and Hillary are good buds. He stood by her when the other Dems threw her under the bus. His statement confirms to me that she will be running for POTUS and won't hesitate to bash Obama and the Dems.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:18 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
Democrats have a multi-decade history of being ignorant regarding economics, and especially the correlation behind tax hikes and revenues (raise the former and the latter plunges).

Obama & his fellow Democrats are irrefutable proof of that; six years of Obamanomics have exposed the outright fraud that is unchecked and ultra.extreme liberalism.

Old 11-27-2014, 02:38 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
About Chuck Schumer's "DUH!" moment, (years after passing the bill to find out what's in it - it wasn't jobs - who knew? - just about every stinkin' conservative political news media person pointed out "healthcare reform" wasn't at the top of any poll list of concerns by the public), he better watch out or he'll be Grubered by the White House and Democrat party leaders. They'll say things like, "Schumer? Can you spell that for me, the name isn't ringing a bell?" or "Oh yeah, those White House Visitor Logs? I think he's probably dating the White House chef or one of the maids but the President has never met with him." Or, "Chuck Schumer? Visitor Logs? Like Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright, the President knows at least 5 people with that name. It must have been another Chuck Schumer that was here." Or over on Capitol Hill, "Chuck Schumer? So, that's the name of the guy that was in all of those photos and videos with me. Thank you for telling me. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out who he was."

Old 11-27-2014, 08:29 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
I wonder what this guy is up too? Is the disaster of Obama-care really worse than being reported and he is running for cover?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:36 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sen Chuck Schumer (top Democrat) said Obama focus on Obamacare Ignores The Middle Class arguing that his party should have focused on fixing the economy first.

“Democrats blew the opportunity the American people gave them…Now, the plight of uninsured Americans and the hardships caused by unfair insurance company practices certainly needed to be addressed".

Obamacare forces average Americans to pay more in taxes, and more in health insurance premiums, at a time when their taxes and premiums aren’t exactly low to begin with.

sen-chuck-schumer-obamacare-focused-on-the-wrong-problem-ignores-the-middle-class/
Huge mistake in 2009/10 to not focus on the middle class and jobs.
Obamacare would have only made sense if it benefited the broad middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies