Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 04:59 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

I think good men share similar characteristics, skin color has nothing to do with it.

I've met some great men in my life, my father, my two brothers, all my ex boyfriends, my friends... They are white, black, Asians, mixed, they are all great men.

My sister in law is as white as snow white can be, and she is the world's best wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:41 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How about unions busting the small-business man and taking his business away. The unions have created there own monster. Greedy unions and now the greedy burger flipper are the ones destroying the unions credibility. The unions once worked, because the people actually worked. Unions are not good for the working business man.
everyone's greedy except the corporations and the people who run them. also, I notice every time I answer one of your posts you change the subject. moving the goal post is a great way to hide your lack of argument

Old 12-07-2014, 07:50 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Japanese Americans in the camps during WW 2. Don't forget the American Indians: many of them ARE "Asian" going by DNA.
We aren't talking about "American Indians". Their test scores wouldn't help your story anyways.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
I've felt more prejudice and discrimination from blacks than whites.

Was a few years ago in Philadelphia that asian students were being attacked by gangs of black students just because. My experience has been that nobody really cares when asians are discriminated against.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:24 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouWill View Post
Neither Asians nor Indians have the negative history in America that African Americans have, not that they're exempt from experiencing racism from Europeans, we know that's not the case. I've personally heard both Asians and Indians (Not that Indians aren't Asian by the way ) "complain" about the racism that they've encountered from people of western European descent.
A Japanese or Chinese American isn't going to experience the same racism as an Indian American would face in the United States.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:32 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A Japanese or Chinese American isn't going to experience the same racism as an Indian American would face in the United States.
Why? Because of skin color?

Old 12-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Why? Because of skin color?
Of course! Skin color can certainly be a contributor to racism. They tend to get lumped in with Arabs when it comes to racism because they are brown skin.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Of course! Skin color can certainly be a contributor to racism. They tend to get lumped in with Arabs when it comes to racism because they are brown skin.
Is there a difference between the light skinned Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) vs. the dark skinned Asians (Laos, Filipinos, etc.) too?

Old 12-07-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Is there a difference between the light skinned Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) vs. the dark skinned Asians (Laos, Filipinos, etc.) too?
No. Americans just see them as Asian. No different from light skin Blacks vs dark skin Blacks.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:19 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Yes. East Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans) are seen by whites more as the model minority. They are usually lighter skinned, are more educated and have higher incomes than Southeast Asians and Pacific Islanders who are usually darker skinned, who do more menial jobs, are lower income earners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies