Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:39 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Gridlock, is freedom to the people.

How many laws, rules, regulations, fees & taxes do we need, to remain free with liberties? When every law, rule, regulation, fee & tax, takes away freedom and liberty.
Some like slavery & some can't live without being a slave.
My 401K is doing quite well under gridlock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 07:42 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Oh I see, you don't even have a real argument. I notice you pull the race card to stop any discussion. Harry reid has been blocking anything the republicans try to pass, yet your liberal mainstream media won't tell you that.
Well of course, let's be honest.... we know the Republicans have been foaming- at- the- mouth- crazy because........ a "black" man turned red states blue!

They have hated his guts since day 1 because the landslide victory was by a "black" man,and his color is the ONLY FREAKIN REASON!!!!!!

The GOP makes me sick because all they do is spew hate and they never,never,never have a credible plan of their own!

However, I also know that politics is a total FARCE a Diversion to keep the SHEEPLE all stirred up and in an US vs THEM tizzy, so you won't catch me voting for either party!

Old 11-27-2014, 07:45 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Yo, OP....

Got any other cards in your deck?

Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
I agree about the gridlock being lame, but I will give the new congress the benefit of the doubt.

McConnell sure seems to represent everything the OP hates (and I hate), but it failed. Obama was reelected, and did not roll over. More importantly, it showed they care more about screwing the other guy than serving the country in a time of crisis. I will say, for those incumbents (McConnell) who tried to sabotage Obama as he tried to steer the country out of the Great Recession, I have complete and utter contempt. It was a disgrace of the first order.

But now, they need to think about getting reelected themselves, and we are watching. I hope they try something new, like doing their jobs. And if they do, I will acknowledge it.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:48 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Despite their efforts to shift blame, the Republicans now are boxed in, because it is pretty clear that they are the problem, not the party proposing solutions.

Their rigid ideology and their hatred for Obama will give way to a new political reality – the public is on to them and, much like President Harry Truman in 1948, the “do-nothing Congress” label will be laid at their feet.

Voters Will Turn on the GOP for Washington Gridlock - US News

The racist "Party With No PLAN" and their usual MO just assures their loss in 2016!
I see NO "facts" just another very biased opinion article followed by even more juvenile name calling.

Nothing else to see here, Move on. Don't feed the troll!

Old 11-27-2014, 07:51 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Well of course, let's be honest.... we know the Republicans have been foaming- at- the- mouth- crazy because........ a "black" man turned red states blue!

They have hated his guts since day 1 because the landslide victory was by a "black" man,and his color is the ONLY FREAKIN REASON!!!!!!

The GOP makes me sick because all they do is spew hate and they never,never,never have a credible plan of their own!

However, I also know that politics is a total FARCE a Diversion to keep the SHEEPLE all stirred up and in an US vs THEM tizzy, so you won't catch me voting for either party!
" let's be honest...." You first. You certainly haven't been so far on this thread.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I see NO "facts" just another very biased opinion article followed by even more juvenile name calling.

Nothing else to see here, Move on. Don't feed the troll!
Ok..where are YOUR facts that they have a plan other than shoving Keystone and protecting the NSA spying on Americans? Show us a plan they have that will help average everyday working Americans...any thing will do,just show it in a valid link.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:57 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
Ok..where are YOUR facts that they have a plan other than shoving Keystone and protecting the NSA spying on Americans? Show us a plan they have that will help average everyday working Americans...any thing will do,just show it in a valid link.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly! Anyone want to wager the Republicans will shut down the government again?

Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 AM

19,832 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:

Actually, it seems like the hatred you are spewing might be causing that nausea.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Actually,I never thought that for a moment,and BTW I am no "liberal" so go "label" someone else,rotfl!
You sure seem to have no problem "labeling" people in your whiny rant to start the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies