Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 05:37 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
The economy is going to keep improving. And when he is out of office, people are going to recall that he presided over a sustained recovery, ended the wars, and brought some dignity to the White House. If we get another Bush or Santorum, he is going to look better and better each year.

You do know that he upped the ante in Afghanistan.............don't you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/us...mbat.html?_r=0

"President Obama decided in recent weeks to authorize a more expansive mission for the military in Afghanistan in 2015 than originally planned, a move that ensures American troops will have a direct role in fighting in the war-ravaged country for at least another year."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 05:52 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
When someone calls out one of Obama's policies, Democrats don't defend the policy and explain why it's a good thing in their view, no, instead they point out the misdeeds and gaffs of his predecessor in an effort to switch the focus of the discourse and avoid having to actually discuss Obama and his policies.
"You" seeing this all the time says more about your perception than it does about the left's opinions on Obama's policies... Truth is, when someone is culturally conditioned to believe the left is bad and the right is good, this type of perception tends to develop. It's the complete opposite of what thought pattern develops when one uses critical thinking...

As someone who voted for President Obama twice, I can honestly say there are positions I agree with and others I don't...

Old 11-29-2014, 05:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm beginning to think a 20,000 DJ will occur, and <5% unemployment. By 1/1/2009, I thought neither was ever going to be possible.
You could have a DJ 50,000 if you just figure out how to fire every employee and limit the fortune 500 competition. I'm always astounded when left wingers use the DOW as an economic indicator because often times it comes at great cost to the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
The economy is going to keep improving. And when he is out of office, people are going to recall that he presided over a sustained recovery, ended the wars, and brought some dignity to the White House. If we get another Bush or Santorum, he is going to look better and better each year.
The economy will continue to improve but under normal circumstances we should be on our way back down, not still trying to climb...

The economy stabalized before he even started spending the stimulus funding.

The war ending timeline was put into place before Obama was sworn into office

And that dignity must be complete ignorance because he will go down in history as one of the biggest Presidential liars ever.

There isnt a dam thing he doesnt that doesnt have an outright lie involved.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Something I've noticed is, the Left never actually defends Obama and his presidency when his policies are called out....

This seems to be something of a phenomenon. It's not as if I've only noticed it simply one or two times, I notice it EVERY single time. I've noticed it on here, I've noticed it on FB, and I've noticed it in the comments section of news articles.

It's the same thing every time. When someone calls out one of Obama's policies, Democrats don't defend the policy and explain why it's a good thing in their view, no, instead they point out the misdeeds and gaffs of his predecessor in an effort to switch the focus of the discourse and avoid having to actually discuss Obama and his policies.

So Dems, why do you do this? Why don't you defend the actions of your president if you think he is in the right? And lastly, what does Bush's failures have to do with President Obama? How is it relevant to Obama's job performance?
Democrats made lots of effort originally to defend his policies.

A bad economy, meant people were in a position to stay home and spend quality time with their families.
High welfare numbers, meant they were stimulating the economy
ACA caused more people to become uninsured, well surely this is because everyone had junk policies.
Jobs, which is needed to pump economies, suddenly became a delayed economic indicator etc.

The problem of course is Demcorats got tired of getting laughed at.. well some of them did, others dont seem to mind, they stand here and continue to support his policies non stop.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You do know that he upped the ante in Afghanistan.............don't you?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/us...mbat.html?_r=0

"President Obama decided in recent weeks to authorize a more expansive mission for the military in Afghanistan in 2015 than originally planned, a move that ensures American troops will have a direct role in fighting in the war-ravaged country for at least another year."
He is caught in the Afghanistan trap. That thing eats western nations.

If he gets out the place reverts to the Taliban. And then we have the problem of a terrorist base for launching attacks at us forever. I believe Bush was right to go into Afghanistan. But then he should have kiled Taliban and sympathizers and gotten the hell out. And if the Taliban came back...do it again...and again. Kind of harvest each crop as it appears.

Like a weed. Chop it back each time it reappears.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Democrats made lots of effort originally to defend his policies.

A bad economy, meant people were in a position to stay home and spend quality time with their families.
High welfare numbers, meant they were stimulating the economy
ACA caused more people to become uninsured, well surely this is because everyone had junk policies.
Jobs, which is needed to pump economies, suddenly became a delayed economic indicator etc.

The problem of course is Demcorats got tired of getting laughed at.. well some of them did, others dont seem to mind, they stand here and continue to support his policies non stop.
RW strawman. Your favorite tactic. But show us the Left wing source of these. Should be entertaining.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
RW strawman. Your favorite tactic. But show us the Left wing source of these. Should be entertaining.
Sources for what?

I just listed a few, are you denying these were Democratic excuses?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Sources for what?

I just listed a few, are you denying these were Democratic excuses?
Source? Can you figure that out by yourself? Left wing authoritative source that advocated those views. Should be simple for a knowledgeable RW such as yourself.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Source? Can you figure that out by yourself? Left wing authoritative source that advocated those views. Should be simple for a knowledgeable RW such as yourself.
A source for what item listed that you live in denial that was made by left wing kooks..

TELL ME WHAT ONE YOU WANT SOURCED?

That shouldnt be difficult for someone who runs around proclaiming everyone else is lying. I want to really see how uninformed you are about what Democrats have been saying for YEARS....

Old 11-29-2014, 06:35 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Quote:
You could have a DJ 50,000 if you just figure out how to fire every employee and limit the fortune 500 competition. I'm always astounded when left wingers use the DOW as an economic indicator because often times it comes at great cost to the public.

The economy will continue to improve but under normal circumstances we should be on our way back down, not still trying to climb...

The economy stabalized before he even started spending the stimulus funding.

The war ending timeline was put into place before Obama was sworn into office

And that dignity must be complete ignorance because he will go down in history as one of the biggest Presidential liars ever.

There isnt a dam thing he doesnt that doesnt have an outright lie involved.

What normative conditions are you referring to? This was a meltdown like nothing since the Great Depression. No intervening recession is comparable. It took a full decade after the Great Depression to recover, and arguably it might not have happened has WWII caused a massive blast of deficit spending. Unemployment was at far higher levels for far longer. I cannot say if the recovery could not have occurred faster somehow, but to act like this was a typical boom bust cycle is just dishonest.

As far as historical liars. How about a certain jackass who landed on an air craft carrier saying "Mission Accomplished" one month into a ten year war?

'Mission Accomplished': Bush's Infamous Iraq War Speech, 10 Years Later - US News

Did his promised to spread democracy through the Middle East pan out?

If failures to fulfill all their promises make them liars, every single president in my lifetime is guilty as hell.

I get it that you want to disingenuously pin all the malaise on the other guy. But I can see right through your spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies