Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:38 AM

37,762 posts, read 40,870,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
Usually when you have the two parties can't get along on anything and country is tanking, you have actual physical sparring, punching, shooting, sword fighting to see which side wins so that there can be an end resolve rather than waiting years of waiting

Would you support this consideration?

Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans in the boxing ring, right now, 15 rounds and physical force to the surrender....with hair-pulling, lightsaver swords, neck strangling, tae kwandoe, tacklings
Aw, I thought this was going to happen in the Capitol Building on the Senate and House floors. As long as they don't do that girly pushy stuff like Major League Baseball players...

Old 11-30-2014, 09:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
Usually when you have the two parties can't get along on anything and country is tanking, you have actual physical sparring, punching, shooting, sword fighting to see which side wins so that there can be an end resolve rather than waiting years of waiting

Would you support this consideration?

Liberal Democrats and Conservative Republicans in the boxing ring, right now, 15 rounds and physical force to the surrender....with hair-pulling, lightsaver swords, neck strangling, tae kwandoe, tacklings
Usually?

People have been saying the country is taking since the country was formed.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:18 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,358,269 times
MIGHT MAKES RIGHT

Nothing new in that idea.

It has been the belief and policy of countless dictators and terrorists throughout human history because -

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent" - Issac Asimov

When I was younger I believed that our species would be able to outgrow this pervasive attitude but the older I get the less hopeful I am that it will survive long enough to ever do so.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:38 PM

26,932 posts, read 15,147,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please...most conservatives are soft as Twinkie filling in my experience.

No, but the government may soon be checking just to find out who is a crème filled and penalize you for it on your insurance.

"They came for the smokers but since I wasn't one I said nothing......"

Old 11-30-2014, 02:26 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,583,830 times
What would be the point? You can't beat the stupid out of people.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,111,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The correct term for this is "civil war", and if we cannot separate peacefully I fear this is how it may end up.
To the surprise of secessionist, America won't be splitting up anytime soon... Conservatives tried that once and got spanked... That's one reason you usually hear secessionist talk from random whack jobs and not so much from elected Republicans... Conservatives actually voted into office usually know better... If another Jefferson Davis rears his ugly head he might end up getting his neck stretched over a lost cause...

Old 11-30-2014, 05:16 PM

22,619 posts, read 24,456,098 times
Heck yeah, we need more of this, thin the herd of creeps:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burr%E2%80%93Hamilton_duel

The Burr–Hamilton duel was a duel between two prominent American politicians: the former Secretary of the TreasuryAlexander Hamilton and sitting Vice PresidentAaron Burr, on July 11, 1804.[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE] At Weehawken in New Jersey, Burr shot and mortally wounded Hamilton.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:32 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
It is; just not to the death. As for "well regulated", boxing and fencing both have rules. I don't know how it would solve anything other than if the loser agrees to quit going on about whatever it is the duel's about, though.

I'm talking about well regulated, matched, ball and cap pistols.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,448,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
To the surprise of secessionist, America won't be splitting up anytime soon... Conservatives tried that once and got spanked... That's one reason you usually hear secessionist talk from random whack jobs and not so much from elected Republicans... Conservatives actually voted into office usually know better... If another Jefferson Davis rears his ugly head he might end up getting his neck stretched over a lost cause...
Well you won't see my liberal a** volunteering to fight to keep the South. I'm offended to inhabit the same country as those animals.

Nothing useful ever came out of the American South except cotton, rock and roll and Ron White. Anyone who'd fight to keep it is crazier than the douche nozzles who live in it.

Last edited by djacques; 11-30-2014 at 11:33 PM..

Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,907,575 times
^^^

Hell, I think every state north of the Mason Dixon Line should secede from the South and leave them to their own half-witted devices. I was born in the South and once upon a time, I used to be proud of my Southern roots, but these days I'm ashamed of it. Let them go ahead and implement their bizarre ideas in their own region and leave the rest of us alone. I bet the South would crash and burn in about 3 years under such a scenario. Good ridance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies