Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:56 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,899,992 times

Advertisements

Our so-called “representative government” has disintegrated into nothing more than a pack of hyenas, fighting each other over every last scrap of what was once a great democracy. It’s time to kick them ALL out from Obama down to the lowliest congressional intern and all the greedy buffoons in between. The recent midterm elections were just window dressing for the same old, same old. Now we all get to spend the next two years watching Obama vetoing every last bill (if any) that Congress may pass. Congress will then retaliate with over the top demands and the Reptilicans and the Demoncrats will all trot out their same old boring bags of partisan tricks that they will do their best to play on the American people. Meanwhile, back at the Supreme Court, the unabashed groveling to outfits like Goldman Sachs and the Koch brothers will continue.

Our allies around the world are embarassed by our political antics that are more worthy of a 3rd world banana dictatorship than a great nation. A disagreement over paying the bills? We solve that by not paying ANYTHING and shutting down the government (God, if only they’d shut it down permanently). If you or I told the bank or the landlord that we wouldn’t be paying the rent/mortgage this time around, and forget the electric bill too, we’d never be allowed to get away with it. The electricity would be cut off and we’d be out on the street in no time flat. Every American family performs some sort of version of sitting down at the kitchen table with all the bills and figuring out which to pay first and what matters and what doesn’t. Family members may disagree, but eventually a compromise is reached. Junior can’t buy that $500 I Phone unless he gets a job and pays for it himself, and Dad is going to have to put off buying that snazzy Jaguar until he gets a promotion. The electric bill gets paid and life goes on. This is not rocket science, folks. It requires only a bit of 5th grade arithmetic and the willingness to talk over family finances.

However, when it’s Congress performing the same duties, it’s like a bunch of Kindergarteners threatening to have temper tantrums and hold their breath until they turn blue if they don’t get every last thing all their own way. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wouldn’t let my 5 year old hold me hostage to his whims. A temper tantrum at the supermarket? That gets a smart slap on his cute little rear end and no cookies today. The American people should do the equivalent to a POTUS and a Congress who are no more than spoiled brats pretending to govern the nation while instead sending off their ill gotten gains to hide in some off shore bank.

It’s high time for the American people to become true patriots again and stop this foolish tilting at windmills by Red, Blue, and Purple. We need to stop trying to tear each other’s throats out and realize that the person standing next to us is a fellow countryman with a proud heritage going all the way back to Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Out here in rural Colorado I have a friend who is an Independent, leaning toward the Right. I too am an Independent, but I lean more toward the Left. Yet my friend and I can come together, discuss our country and the challenges we face and sometimes come to an understanding of a different point of view and sometimes just agreeing to disagree. Now if two cowboys in a little rural town can manage to do this, you’d think such skills would come easily to our ever so much more sophisticated and wealthy Congressional Representatives. No Ma’am, they either can’t do this or they won’t. I say it’s time for a second American Revolution. What say you, my fellow countrymen?

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 11-30-2014 at 02:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 01:42 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,642,288 times
I am so on board with giving them all walking papers. They are a complete joke.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:18 AM

1,380 posts, read 1,434,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Our so-called “representative government” has disintegrated into nothing more than a pack of hyenas, fighting each other over every last scrap of what was once a great democracy. It’s time to kick them ALL out from Obama down to the lowliest congressional intern and all the greedy buffoons in between. The recent midterm elections were just window dressing for the same old, same old. Now we all get to spend the next two years watching Obama vetoing every last bill (if any) that Congress may pass. Congress will then retaliate with over the top demands and the Reptilicans and the Demoncrats will all trot out their same old boring bags of partisan tricks that they will do their best to play on the American people. Meanwhile, back at the Supreme Court, the unabashed groveling to outfits like Goldman Sachs and the Koch brothers will continue.

Our allies around the world are embarassed by our political antics that are more worthy of a 3rd world banana dictatorship than a great nation. A disagreement over paying the bills? We solve that by not paying ANYTHING and shutting down the government (God, if only they’d shut it down permanently). If you or I told the bank or the landlord that we wouldn’t be paying the rent/mortgage this time around, and forget the electric bill too, we’d never be allowed to get away with it. The electricity would be cut off and we’d be out on the street in no time flat. Every American family performs some sort of version of sitting down at the kitchen table with all the bills and figuring out which to pay first and what matters and what doesn’t. Family members may disagree, but eventually a compromise is reached. Junior can’t buy that $500 I Phone unless he gets a job and pays for it himself, and Dad is going to have to put off buying that snazzy Jaguar until he gets a promotion. The electric bill gets paid and life goes on. This is not rocket science, folks. It requires only a bit of 5th grade arithmetic and the willingness to talk over family finances.

However, when it’s Congress performing the same duties, it’s like a bunch of Kindergarteners threatening to have temper tantrums and hold their breath until they turn blue if they don’t get every last thing all their own way. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wouldn’t let my 5 year old hold me hostage to his whims. A temper tantrum at the supermarket? That gets a smart slap on his cute little rear end and no cookies today. The American people should do the equivalent to a POTUS and a Congress who are no more than spoiled brats pretending to govern the nation while instead sending off their ill gotten gains to hide in some off shore bank.

It’s high time for the American people to become true patriots again and stop this foolish tilting at windmills by Red, Blue, and Purple. We need to stop trying to tear each other’s throats out and realize that the person standing next to us is a fellow countryman with a proud heritage going all the way back to Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Out here in rural Colorado I have a friend who is an Independent, leaning toward the Right. I too am an Independent, but I lean more toward the Left. Yet my friend and I can come together, discuss our country and the challenges we face and sometimes come to an understanding of a different point of view and sometimes just agreeing to disagree. Now if two cowboys in a little rural town can manage to do this, you’d think such skills would come easily to our ever so much more sophisticated and wealthy Congressional Representatives. No Ma’am, they either can’t do this or they won’t. I say it’s time for a second American Revolution. What say you, my fellow countrymen?
I love it! I wish we would elect everyday people like you to govern out states and the country rather than career politicians.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,905,055 times
Quote:

Couldn't agree more!!!!

Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,486,427 times
We should "outsource" our government to India. It would be cheaper and better.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:20 AM

38,999 posts, read 50,960,484 times
Don't talk to me about how we want change. We just had the chance to change this year. Maybe 90% or better got re-elected.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:53 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,037,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
We should "outsource" our government to India. It would be cheaper and better.
"Hi,my name is Robert...how may I help you toooday with your Verizon wireless pro blem??"

Old 11-30-2014, 09:00 AM

58,599 posts, read 26,908,480 times
Quote:

"Does anyone else want to get rid of the entire sorry pack in federal government? NO!

Old 11-30-2014, 09:09 AM

29,183 posts, read 22,199,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Don't talk to me about how we want change. We just had the chance to change this year. Maybe 90% or better got re-elected.
That's the truth of it.
Despite how unhappy voters may be, they will vote for the same name on a ballot time after time.

Most voters don't know anything about the people they vote for except for their name. The big majority always votes for the names they recognize. This fact is the greatest power an incumbent has.

And because of that fact, trying to throw all the rascals out is impossible. Any incumbent has to be very notorious before the voters will consciously vote against him. Most voters, when asked, only know the name of the current President. A state's Governor is the next most recognized name.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:11 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,507,529 times
That would have been nice in 2009.

Too late now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies