Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, Bill Cosby made pleas for peace when the LA riots broke out. No one listened. There are Blacks who do not condone this behavior and will speak out. Many don't do it public(as in the media doesn't get wind of it) and some like Cosby, do so in public. However, there are many people who just won't listen.
Bill Cosby was never voted the most intimidating pitcher of all time. Who takes the advice of a serial rapist anyways?

Last edited by whogo; 12-06-2014 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Bill Cosby was never voted the most intimidating pitcher of all time. Who takes the advice of a serial rapist anyways?
1) These are allegations, and I'm wondering where the evidence is.
2) This was in 1992.
3) What does being an intimidating pitcher have to do with this?

Old 12-06-2014, 10:34 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
1) These are allegations, and I'm wondering where the evidence is.
2) This was in 1992.
3) What does being an intimidating pitcher have to do with this?
You clearly have never lived in St. Louis when Gibby talks people listen.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I have never lived in St. Louis. When it comes to baseball, I'm more familiar with the likes of Ken Griffey Jr, Derek Jeter, Felix Hernandez, Bert Blyleven, and Randy Johnson.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:26 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Default East St. Louis

Quote:
Yes I grew up in St. Charles, (60-80) Across the Missouri River by St. Louis County. Even Back then our parents and very one knew to stay clear of Ferguson and E. St. Louis and thusly why my parents moved to St. Charles From St. Louis.
We would go to town to see the Arch, Forest Park , Grants Farm , Do our shopping in NW Plaza and the Famous St. Louis Zoo, these were day trips. We went back across the River to St, Charles,
I still have fam there and every I know has taken precautions because of the useless violence that the People of Ferguson accepts.

So Sad.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,213 times
Eric "Hatin' Whitey" Holder has specifically said hate crime laws are not to apply to white heterosexuals.

No equal protection under the law for us.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Yes I grew up in St. Charles, (60-80) Across the Missouri River by St. Louis County. Even Back then our parents and very one knew to stay clear of Ferguson and E. St. Louis and thusly why my parents moved to St. Charles From St. Louis.
We would go to town to see the Arch, Forest Park , Grants Farm , Do our shopping in NW Plaza and the Famous St. Louis Zoo, these were day trips. We went back across the River to St, Charles,
I still have fam there and every I know has taken precautions because of the useless violence that the People of Ferguson accepts.

So Sad.
I could see how East St. Louis was scary back then, but how would Ferguson be scary in those days?

Old 12-09-2014, 08:02 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Bosnians are mostly Muslim but they didn't ask if she was Muslim, only if she was from Bosnia (according to her) and there could be a good reason why she didn't stay at the hospital and maybe that has to do with her being out alone at 5:30A.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:25 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,763,682 times
Quote:
Better yet, since this is about St. Louis, lets look at this from another perspective. I will admit that I'm very hard on Atlanta. However, compare Atlanta to St. Louis, it is like night and day. Atlanta has a higher percentage of Blacks than St. Louis does. However, Atlanta has a much lower murder rate than St. Louis, and a lower violent crime rate than St. Louis. It's no DisneyLand, but Atlanta is doing alot better in terms of its crime rate compared to St. Louis. Atlanta, in terms of both raw numbers and percentage, has more Blacks than St. Louis, but has a lower murder rate than St. Louis. Even Kansas City,MO has a higher murder rate than Atlanta even though Blacks make up 29% of KC's population, compared to Blacks making up 54% of Atlanta's population.

I have to think about this. What is going on in St. Louis, and even Kansas City that is making those cities have really bad issues with crime?
There is a segregation issue going on in St Louis,and it is mostly economic. The City may be only 49% black, but most of the black population lives in neighborhoods that are 95%+ black, and almost always poor too. Middle class black people in the region leave the city for integrated neighborhoods in the suburbs with better schools (or send their kids to private schools, which is extremely common in the St Louis region).

Old 12-09-2014, 01:58 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,973,891 times
Has this been posted here?

St. Louis police allege hate crime in latest attack on Bosnian resident | Fox News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies