Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2014, 05:47 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post
Yes, but THIS Marine understands what the Police did and WHY.

If the dog is loose, it's a THREAT.

I posted a clip of some U.S. Army infantry offing a Iraqi's canine a few pages back in similar circumstances. It's standard procedure........
Please excuse my ignorance, I would like to ask why is a 20 lb little dog a threat?

Why should U.S. neighborhood be treated as a combat zone? I understand that radical changes of rules of engagement kill soldiers in battle field. But maybe police should have different procedure? Maybe their training should be different from Marine training? just maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 PM

406 posts, read 283,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, I would like to ask why is a 20 lb little dog a threat?

Why should U.S. neighborhood be treated as a combat zone? I understand that radical changes of rules of engagement kill soldiers in battle field. But maybe police should have different procedure? Maybe their training should be different from Marine training? just maybe?
When the perp released that little dog out the front door he already made the choice the dog's life is worth nothing and put him in harms way. It was a diversion or a plan to complicate/stall the entry to his home. From watching the video I think the dog was going to attack as told until he was intimidated into back-peddling. By that time the dog already went from friend to enemy. The SWAT Officers don't have the time to trade blows and kick or thrash at a dog in order to run him off. They proceeded in the quickest neutralization of the threat they thought of.......shoot!

Do I think they could have sent him cartwheeling with a 11.5 D or bigger boot kick? Sure they could have, but perhaps after getting bitten a few times in the meantime. You never know if the offenders pet has had their shots all up to date and are rabies free either. If the guy cared about the dog, he would not have sent him out the front door directly into the Officers path.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:32 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
When the perp released that little dog out the front door he already made the choice the dog's life is worth nothing and put him in harms way. It was a diversion or a plan to complicate/stall the entry to his home. From watching the video I think the dog was going to attack as told until he was intimidated into back-peddling. By that time the dog already went from friend to enemy. The SWAT Officers don't have the time to trade blows and kick or thrash at a dog in order to run him off. They proceeded in the quickest neutralization of the threat they thought of.......shoot!

Do I think they could have sent him cartwheeling with a 11.5 D or bigger boot kick? Sure they could have, but perhaps after getting bitten a few times in the meantime. You never know if the offenders pet has had their shots all up to date and are rabies free either. If the guy cared about the dog, he would not have sent him out the front door directly into the Officers path.
So a guy hiding in the barn they kill all the cows and barn cats? Really

This is really one of the stupider arguments ever put forward by a pro police type.

These guys are distracted to the point of killing over a dog retreating? That dog was not attacking anybody. Took one look at the situation and got the hell out of there...to be shut dead by some ignorant bully.

This is how the Police lose all credibility. If they really believe the stuff advocated by their friends they are simply too stupid to be out among the public without keepers...

Old 12-01-2014, 06:35 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Maybe the American police force is deliberately trying to garner bad press.

Maybe it thinks it will make more bad people to shoot at.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I never said it was a danger. I wasn't there. The video I watched looked like the dog ran at them barking and then started to retreat. What the video absolutely showed was a dog not under any kind of control.
Just about every dog attack you read about the owner claims the dog was a big baby, friends and acted like a puppy and they never expected it.
Like I said before, I am dog lover. I love my lab with all my heart, but she is always under control. Owning a dog is a responsibility. You owe it to your dog to protect them from themselves and other dangers. That begins and ends with strong discipline. Just like kids, a dog often doesn't understand threat from play. Worse still dogs react to instinct.
I dont justify the shooting. As I said I wasn't there, and don't know the other side of the argument. I do know that if the owner had his animal under control it would be alive today.
Not necessarily. Dogs have been shot in their own yards for doing absolutely nothing.

Police these days are more than a bit trigger happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And I do know if the SWAT was under control, the little dog would be alive today.
Bingo.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
So a guy hiding in the barn they kill all the cows and barn cats? Really

This is really one of the stupider arguments ever put forward by a pro police type.

These guys are distracted to the point of killing over a dog retreating? That dog was not attacking anybody. Took one look at the situation and got the hell out of there...to be shut dead by some ignorant bully.

This is how the Police lose all credibility. If they really believe the stuff advocated by their friends they are simply too stupid to be out among the public without keepers...
You weren't raised out in the country, were ya? If it was a MALE BULL.....hell yes action would be taken!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcXg8RrylII

Old 12-01-2014, 06:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
You weren't raised out in the country, were ya? If it was a MALE BULL.....hell yes action would be taken!!!

Ivoc did not mention bulls. He mentioned cows and cats.

Anyway, you must not have been raised out in the country, either.

All bulls are male.

It is redundant to say 'male bull'.

Keep trying to deflect...

Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Ivoc did not mention bulls. He mentioned cows and cats.

Anyway, you must not have been raised out in the country, either.

All bulls are male.

It is redundant to say 'male bull'.

Keep trying to deflect...
I know all males are bulls. I'm typing for city slickers here. Go back several pages and read where I was bitten and attacked numerous times by a standard Schnauzer and never so much as laid a hand on his devilish little head. I did cheer though when the old lady went to the nursing home and he went away.......

Just because I wouldn't kill a dog........... doesn't mean I don't understand why other people do.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:15 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
I know all males are bulls. I'm typing for city slickers here. Go back several pages and read where I was bitten and attacked numerous times by a standard Schnauzer and never so much as laid a hand on his devilish little head. I did cheer though when the old lady went to the nursing home and he went away.......

Just because I wouldn't kill a dog........... doesn't mean I don't understand why other people do.
If the dog was coming to attack them, while I still would hate it, I would get it. The dog did NOT even TRY to attack them, the dog had its back to them. There is no justification for this. None.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:

There are any number of dogs who need to be dead. But that does not include a small dog trying hard to get out of the way.

YOu still feeling like you lost your manhood because you lacked the nerve to pick up the schnauzer and do the right thing? One serious bite and the dog ends up dead or with animal control around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies