Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 06:20 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,779,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Speaking of embarrassments, you people seem to forget everything from the very last global warming/climate change topic, now that is embarrassing.
Lets not forget these apocalyptic "the sky is falling, the sky is falling' scenarios....Not one of them has come true.
A right-wing cartoon has absolutely nothing to do with reality. I could take the ridiculous quotes about 'only a theory', draw a cartoon about it, and claim that every single denialist has no idea what a scientific theory is. That doesn't mean it's a fair representation of all 'skeptical' positions.

We've already gone over the myth of the cooling consensus, so here come the links (which you will ignore):

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
Climate myths: They predicted global cooling in the 1970s - environment - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist

It's also ironic that you're so demanding about scientists being completely consistent with each other, and yet you are more than willing to post BS by Richard Lindzen, Don Easterbrook, Syun Akasofu, Habibullo Abdussamatov (mentioned in this thread by a denialist), Joe D'Aleo, and Nicola Scafetta with a straight face, as if predicting cooling for over 20 years with absolutely no signs pointing to it is totally fine, simply because they're telling you what you want to hear.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
This is reality.... Since after the Super El Nino of 1998, the climate model simulations have well overshot the predicted warming.
Oh wow and if we were in 1984 we should all agree that it's time to revise the models because they're not predicting enough warming.

The models have still been extremely accurate in predicting long-term trends, which is all that really matters.

And even if they aren't accurate, does it mean that AGW isn't happening? No.
Does it mean that there will be a long-term reversal of the warming trends? No.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,469,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Oh wow and if we were in 1984 we should all agree that it's time to revise the models because they're not predicting enough warming.

The models have still been extremely accurate in predicting long-term trends, which is all that really matters.

And even if they aren't accurate, does it mean that AGW isn't happening? No.
Does it mean that there will be a long-term reversal of the warming trends? No.
but see the problem here is CLAIMS

you guys CLAIM its man-made/man-caused....I say prove it

yes its been warming
yes the warming has slowed down a little

yet it is all natural...

can man have a LITTLE PLAY in it...sure...but the natural warming is not man made..it would be IMPOSSIBLE

again you guys CLAIM its man made...prove it

Old 12-05-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but see the problem here is CLAIMS

you guys CLAIM its man-made/man-caused....I say prove it

yes its been warming
yes the warming has slowed down a little

yet it is all natural...

can man have a LITTLE PLAY in it...sure...but the natural warming is not man made..it would be IMPOSSIBLE

again you guys CLAIM its man made...prove it
What 'natural' force is causing it, exactly?

Old 12-05-2014, 08:43 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
All those numbers and opinions and yet NOTHING that ties any of it to man made CO2.

Oh, and you forgot about the lack of hurricanes that we were told would destroy our coastal cities and the snow in England that we were told would be gone forever, etc, etc.
As I've said in other threads, the CAGW scammers desperately hope that we have a warm El Nino event in 2015 or 2016, or 2017... so they can propagandize and deceive people into believing that human-induced CO2 created the El Nino and is responsible for the corresponding warm temps that an El Nino event brings with it.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:48 AM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
What 'natural' force is causing it, exactly?
Looks like rules of disinformation #9 and #13 and #14 and #17 and #19 and possibly #25 are in action on your reply.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Looks like rules of disinformation #9 and #13 and #14 and #17 and #19 and possibly #25 are in action on your reply.
How is asking a simple question breaking any 'rules'?

Old 12-05-2014, 08:54 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's not my problem, it's yours....You are discussing in the past, and we are discussing the future.
A future like Star Trek? Maybe we should be more worried about Klingons.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:00 AM

1,245 posts, read 922,919 times
Quote:
How is asking a simple question breaking any 'rules'?
I didn't mention breaking any rules. You have used tactics of disinformation, to try to get someone to explain how something that occurs naturally, "What 'natural' force is causing it, exactly?" You're purposely trying to steer away from answering/ proving how it is man made.

Last edited by lookb4youcross; 12-05-2014 at 09:10 AM..

Old 12-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I didn't mention breaking any rules. You have used tactics of disinformation, to try to get someone to explain how something that occurs naturally, "What 'natural' force is causing it, exactly?" You're purposely trying to steer away from answering/ proving how it is man made.
LOL... it's not disinformation to ask a question because I'm not actually providing any information. You're really stretching here. But yes, I am partially changing the subject because I don't want to go over why AGW is the best theory to explain the warming for the 199th time because it's frustrating and nobody ever listens... but mostly it's because I want to hear what you or your buddies think is causing the current warming, because I don't think I've ever heard a single explanation.

So your argument here seems to be that it's up to me personally to prove it's manmade (of course, simply trusting that NASA isn't a corrupt, selfish organization concocting a hoax to steal tax money is out of the question), but you are under absolutely no pressure to prove your claims of some mysterious 'natural cause', the simple fact that climate has changed in the past seems to be proof enough.

The extent of your understanding of these changes is 'well, it's just like that' or 'it happened before so it will happen again'. You don't actually know or care what causes them, or you don't think anyone knows. You haven't even done even the most basic reading to try to make your own arguments stronger, and simply think if you repeat them with enough snickers, eye-rolling or lame humor attached they'll sound like winners.

Anyways, here's how I know:

How Do We Know that Humans Are the Major Cause of Global Warming? | Union of Concerned Scientists

This is pretty easy to google and to me, it seems like a pretty solid theory to explain the warming. I'm not going to challenge it because it seems airtight. Obviously, if some other source of warming turns up (some denialist actually claimed it was heat from the Earth's core the other day, LOL), then I'll have to consider it... but there is literally NOTHING.

So again, what 'natural' force do you think is causing THIS warming, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.