Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 04:58 AM

23,158 posts, read 26,107,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
No, it's a protest people are going to be inconvenienced that's what happens. Do you expect them to just stand by the road quietly and now their heads?
That did not answer my questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 05:57 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,856,731 times
Quote:
No, it's a protest people are going to be inconvenienced that's what happens. Do you expect them to just stand by the road quietly and now their heads?
Uh; protesting like that, especially over a thug like Michael Brown ain't the way to make friends. But it's def a way to make more enemies AGAINST his hooligan kind.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:58 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,378,488 times
Quote:
Yeah how dare people protest and inconvenience people they should just shut up and keep quiet!!! /end sarcasm
The media made a national isssue out of a bridge in NJ being closed one day that inconvenienced some commuters. Any protester that deliberately jumps in front of a car and gets hurt should have no standing in court. It should be written off as "attempted suicide".

Old 12-02-2014, 06:02 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,385,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
The media made a national isssue out of a bridge in NJ being closed one day that inconvenienced some commuters. Any protester that deliberately jumps in front of a car and gets hurt should have no standing in court. It should be written off as "attempted suicide".
Or attempted Darwin award. You're not exactly talking about the "best and brightest" here. Self-centered tw@twafles want to be a pain in everyone's backside, because they think they can. Not exactly a wan to engender support for your moronic cause.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:03 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,385,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micla0 View Post
Good thing I wasn't there, I would have ran them over. Coincidentally I just saw a video of someone doing exactly that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bkt9aLBBI
I do hope the car wasn't damaged. At best it took a bunch of effort to wash the crap off of it.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:10 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,094,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; protesting like that, especially over a thug like Michael Brown ain't the way to make friends. But it's def a way to make more enemies AGAINST his hooligan kind.
There were Darren Wilson rallies. Did you support those? If so, your supporting a thug.

See how that works.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:17 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,081,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Or attempted Darwin award. You're not exactly talking about the "best and brightest" here. Self-centered tw@twafles want to be a pain in everyone's backside, because they think they can. Not exactly a wan to engender support for your moronic cause.
Just like those wall St. sit in mental giants. What did they accomplish? Not a darn thing. All these idiots are doing are looking for their 10 minutes of fame. Whatever have at it. They look like morons walking around with their hands up in the air chanting hands up don't shoot.

I don't pity that woman that got dragged a few feet, she was probably stopping someone trying to go to WORK to make money to pay their bills and feed their families. Don't these protestors have jobs or do they just wander around bothering people trying to have a productive life?

Old 12-02-2014, 06:20 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,116,001 times
These "protesters" need to learn that their rights end at the tip of their nose. They have a right to protest but they do not have a right to interfere with my rights. I suggest kneecapping.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,578,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
As the late George Wallace once said, any protester lay down in from of my car, well that'll be the last car he lay down in front of .....

I mean, really, I'm at the point where it is time to shoot to maim and kill looters and rioters and so called protesters who make miserable the lives of working people and business owners.

What the H***? What has this country become?
There's a country between Cina and South Korea that would most likely mow down protesters.

Shooting/ maiming protesters because they made the lives of some commuters temporarily miserable seems a tad extreme.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:36 AM

77,977 posts, read 60,166,723 times
Quote:
But you are missing the point, the purpose of a protest is to raise awareness about a topic and bring about change by changing hearts and minds.

Yes, sometimes a protest does inconvenience people, that's not the purpose or end goal but sometimes a side-effect. However, you dang well better have a cause that makes people stand up and take notice instead of the opposite effect.

Hint: Westboro Baptist Church arguably had the exact OPPOSITE effect of their goals in their protests because they made arses out of themselves over a cause people didn't find meritorius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies