Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're not an idealist. LOL..who are you kidding.

If the two parent family weakened under the Christian faith, then maybe it's a good idea to chuck that faith altogether. It's superstition, it's a white man's faith, and we shouldn't have anything to do with it. To boot, it has done nothing but rip off poor religious blacks of what little money they have.

Again, taking on your former slavemaster's faith is patently absurd. They only gave it to you to make you docile. If they really believed in that faith, they never would've enslaved you in the first place.

Blacks aren't "stupefied."

And the "replace the black father" nonsense is just that....complete and utter nonsense. It's an oversimplification of the problems that run far deeper than that. I know you guys like to repeat that line constantly, but it's lazy and far off the mark.

Your comments on the KKK and the Democrats are so silly that they aren't worth addressing.

Wake up? And do what? Vote Republican? Hell, what's the Republican Party ever done for anyone? They've done nothing for white people except the ones at the very top. And you're not in that group.
...and yet the KKK, if they wanted to, could not have destroyed the black family and black society and better than they themselves, and the Democrats have already done.

At least religion does bring morals and ethics to bare on the people, and you want to get rid of all religion, and then fall back on where? The failing black family, degenerating black society full of resentment and self pity, or the government?

Sorry, religion is not why there are problems in the black community, crime, disintegration of the family, and over reliance on the nanny state government are the problem.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:31 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
You're not an idealist. LOL..who are you kidding.

If the two parent family weakened under the Christian faith, then maybe it's a good idea to chuck that faith altogether. It's superstition, it's a white man's faith, and we shouldn't have anything to do with it. To boot, it has done nothing but rip off poor religious blacks of what little money they have.

Again, taking on your former slavemaster's faith is patently absurd. They only gave it to you to make you docile. If they really believed in that faith, they never would've enslaved you in the first place.

Blacks aren't "stupefied."

And the "replace the black father" nonsense is just that....complete and utter nonsense. It's an oversimplification of the problems that run far deeper than that. I know you guys like to repeat that line constantly, but it's lazy and far off the mark.

Your comments on the KKK and the Democrats are so silly that they aren't worth addressing.

Wake up? And do what? Vote Republican? Hell, what's the Republican Party ever done for anyone? They've done nothing for white people except the ones at the very top. And you're not in that group.
Christianity and Islam has not weakened the two-parent (or multi-parent in some cases) homes among so many African groups.

So what is the real issue?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:32 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So you assumed I lacked intelligence/knowledge and you needed to inform me of this? I can tell you of all different kinds of peoples in different lands who have been abused and oppressed. My opinion does not exist in a vacuum of ignorance regarding the plight and struggles of others.
No, I was adding a humourous note evidenced by the

Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
....it is because they inherit the benefits of our complaints and our struggles. Black people have been like the person in the big meeting that ask the question that nobody else asks....but long to know the answer to. "when are we going to get raises"...sort of thing, because others don't want to make waves and be seen as complainers.

The truth is that all other minorities benefit in America from the struggles put forth by black people and this includes women and gays. Gays have often used the black struggle and the rights won to draw analogies to their struggle. Women have benefited from the struggles of blacks too because opening up the doors of freedom to Americas most despised and disrespected group, its slave population, eventually set the stage for freedom and universal suffrage for women and all.

Thus, other groups do not have to complain and do not complain because they can and do ride the coat tails of black people and our struggles. Right now, the rest of America is riding the struggle of black people against the police state....yet, the rest of America has set silent as police became militarized killing machines, then condemn us when we cry out because they don't cry out. We get seen as the whiners, those with the victim syndrome and the like, while others get seen as "model minorities" or non complainers....yet they benefit from our complaints and rebellion which has let to better lives and higher standard of living for them.
Spinning the myth. About as much truth here as believing in black Egyptians.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I hope you don't hate me for saying this.

I have quite a few AA collegueges and coworkers. Most of them are as religious as you describe. They think Jesus and the Devil are responsible for all that is good and bad. They are vehemently against Gay Marriage (me the Conservative voted for it in Maryland!!!!!). Many of them do not drink. They say grace before meals in restaurants.

The thing is, they are nearly indentical to religious white folks in the South. Only they do not vote GOP very much.

One day a girl was telling me that Jesus loved her and looked out for her. I told her- without any ironic intention- that she sounded a lot like George Bush. She looked at me funny and then smiled.
Why would I hate you for saying that?

It's basically what I said.

Black folks have fallen for the fraud.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:49 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...and yet the KKK, if they wanted to, could not have destroyed the black family and black society and better than they themselves, and the Democrats have already done.

At least religion does bring morals and ethics to bare on the people, and you want to get rid of all religion, and then fall back on where? The failing black family, degenerating black society full of resentment and self pity, or the government?

Sorry, religion is not why there are problems in the black community, crime, disintegration of the family, and over reliance on the nanny state government are the problem.
Religion brings morals and ethics? To whom?

Black people were going about their lives just fine before they'd ever heard of Jesus Christ. They were practicing their animist religions and doing whatever it is they do.

The Christian faith has NEVER helped the black family at all. If the black family is failing, religion has failed to fix it. If you have proof otherwise, then present it. You don't have it though and you know it.

Black folks are on average far more religious than most white folks in my experience. So why all the disintegration and resentment (as you claim) if religion is the answer?

That KKK that you love talking about is a hardcore Christian organization by the way...just a reminder since you left that out.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:51 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Why would I hate you for saying that?

It's basically what I said.

Black folks have fallen for the fraud.
Well so have a lot of white folks!

Historically, the church has played a strong role in black lives. It gave them hope and as in other societies, was one of the structural catalysts for change (Ebenezer Baptist Church for example).

I reckon you and I have the same religious beliefs (i.e. not much) but I think you are giving short shrift to the good the church has done.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:52 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Do you think Latinos will put up with blacks'constant complaints after they establish themselves in the political system?
Excellent point. If Blacks hate whites, wait until they get a load of hard working Hispanics that get up in Society. Heck, their gang members are already shoving them out of parts of LA and other cities...wait until they get real power.

Everyone is a Democrat when they lose a job. Conversely, everyone is a Republican when they get one. Wait until THEY are paying taxes AND have power....goodbye to affirmative action and other goodies when the Hispanics have to pay for it.

And they probably aren't going to be that nice about it either.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:54 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
Quote:
Religion brings morals and ethics? To whom?

Black people were going about their lives just fine before they'd ever heard of Jesus Christ. They were practicing their animist religions and doing whatever it is they do.

The Christian faith has NEVER helped the black family at all. If the black family is failing, religion has failed to fix it. If you have proof otherwise, then present it. You don't have it though and you know it.

Black folks are on average far more religious than most white folks in my experience. So why all the disintegration and resentment (as you claim) if religion is the answer?

That KKK that you love talking about is a hardcore Christian organization by the way...just a reminder since you left that out.

I dunno....I haven't seen Loc Dog, Dashiki, or Ash Tray at church lately.....nor, little Stevie, Lil Kim, Lil Misfit, Bootsie, Bingo, Zippy or a cast of others either.....might be me but, the Crips and Bloods seem to miss sermons a lot as well.....yeah, you're probably right, they are religious in their own ways I guess....

Old 12-02-2014, 11:57 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Excellent point. If Blacks hate whites, wait until they get a load of hard working Hispanics that get up in Society. Heck, their gang members are already shoving them out of parts of LA and other cities...wait until they get real power.

Everyone is a Democrat when they lose a job. Conversely, everyone is a Republican when they get one. Wait until THEY are paying taxes AND have power....goodbye to affirmative action and other goodies when the Hispanics have to pay for it.

And they probably aren't going to be that nice about it either.
Oouuuu....we like all scared and stuff....lol. I think it is you all who fear the growing Hispanic population more than we do.....that is why you are trying to make us scared so that we can help you keep them out....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies