Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Since Obama has taken office, would you say racial tensions have:
Improved 3 2.83%
Stayed about the same 23 21.70%
Gotten Worse 80 75.47%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 02:34 PM

30,608 posts, read 21,763,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
On a personal basis? I would generally say better.

On a public discourse level? I would say worse.

I remember one guy I knew saying that Obama's opponents keep accusing him of being born in Kenya or being a secret Muslim or being Communist were not only wrong, but they were missing the point. He said that number one reason to oppose is that he is a product of the Chicago political machine and would bring Chicago style politics to the national level. Constantly playing classes and races against each other, intolerance of dissent, viewing rival politicians as personal enemies and using government resources to go after those enemies, and giving plum contracts to cronies on a level never quite seen in a modern President. So far his prediction has been correct.

Obama doesn't even have much in common with the average black person in US. He was raised by a white family and didn't even view himself as black until his twenties. The idea that some conservatives have that Obama has a burning hatred for whitey is inaccurate. He is just playing everyone against each other for political gain and not out of any personal belief.
"On a personal basis? I would generally say better."
Agreed, the people I associate with are as varied know as ever before. We get along fabulously.

"On a public discourse level? I would say worse."
As spoon fed by the media who get fat off our money.

"Obama doesn't even have much in common with the average black person in US"
He doesn't have a whole lot in common in his upbringing with anyone, much less any black person, unless they were the product of a Marxist White Woman and African Father, abandoned by his Father before he turned 1, wisked away to be raised by his mothers Indonesian Muslim Father, until being dumped off on his white grand parents. Just your typical upbringiing.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 12-03-2014 at 03:10 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 04:15 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,825,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Stunning observation and incredibly irrelevant to the toxic figure that is Rev Wright.

I'm sure Rev Wright once pet a speckled pup and hugged a kitten. So what!

His military record is irrelevant to his decades of 'gd ing the USA and promoting racial violence.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a former marine, so what is your point?
During Rev. Wright's 36 years working for a predominantly (90%+) white denomination, when did he ever promote racial violence?

Old 12-03-2014, 04:59 PM

35,413 posts, read 20,779,044 times
only perturbed people are the political white voters. If you take the politics out of the equation, tell me what you end up with - put that in a poll

Old 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM

24,363 posts, read 22,935,890 times
If Obama's part of the problem, how can he be part of the solution?

Old 12-03-2014, 05:11 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,860,929 times
Default Let's get to it!

Obama and his advisors measures everything on political outcome instead of the rule of Law. Its every thing this Adminstration does from Benghazi to the IRS to Fast Ferrous. The Point is , President can not be your beer drinking buddy in the Rose Garden, The President has to be clear decisive.

President Bush had no problem with being clear on National Issues. It Makes me wonder If we Mitt Romney as President how all of these situations would of turned out.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:09 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,374,215 times
If you look at the first page of the PAOC board just look at all the threads that have been locked and you'll see which race has caused this country the most grief.

A world of peace could have been pursued and achieved if not for these trouble makers.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:47 PM

72,834 posts, read 62,219,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
If you look at the first page of the PAOC board just look at all the threads that have been locked and you'll see which race has caused this country the most grief.

A world of peace could have been pursued and achieved if not for these trouble makers.
The old "Blacks are a menace to society" gripe. That line has been said over and over for the last 200 years.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:52 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,374,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The old "Blacks are a menace to society" gripe. That line has been said over and over for the last 200 years.
Look at the streets of Ferguson. We're not oblivious to the **** around us, green_mariner.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,426,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Gotten worse...because Obama and his "advisors" have stirred the pot! There are MANY people who do not want harmony, or they would be "out of business" with their civil discourse!
Reminds me of the movie "Mississippi Burning." "Our ni***rs was happy until you came and started stirring up all this ruckus."

Old 12-03-2014, 07:55 PM

72,834 posts, read 62,219,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Look at the streets of Ferguson. We're not oblivious to the **** around us, green_mariner.
And I have enough critical thinking to understand that it isn't regular Black people doing that looting. That is mostly the underclass segment of the Black population doing that. I know the difference. What is taking place if Ferguson is not "another day in the Black population". It is the very worst of the Black population doing this crap. Rest of the Black population is trying to stay away from those fools.

How come no one says "that's White people for you" when there are young White people looting and rioting after sporting events?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies