Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2014, 10:19 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
No wonder crime is so high in NY , rather then worrying about people killing people someone selling ciggs got jacked up...
There's no money in that.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The more I learn about this story, the more the lack of indictment makes total sense. Not from a "cop is innocent" perspective or a preponderance of unknown and exculpatory evidence. No, the lack of indictment makes sense because of why Garner was hassled in the first place, which is NYC's own brand of Leviathan ordering the centurions to collect and enforce tax revenue. ~61% of the tobacco market in NYC is black market based on the absurd taxes of Leviathan and the Nanny State. To paraphrase JD Tucille, Garner died for the cause of tax revenue.

His "crime" was selling untaxed cigarettes. But utopian behavior schemes, like taxing tobacco use out of existence, requires force applied to those who simply refuse to modify their behavior to suit Leviathan's demands.

Welcome to the dark side of the Nanny State. We will enact our absurd taxes on perfectly legal behavior, artificially raise the price of proper compliance, encouraging people to go around our retarded compliance costs to engage in perfectly legal behavior at the old price point. Hence the black market for cigarettes in NYC.

And to all you liberal champions of civil liberties and poor Eric Garner...he's a low level, grassroots version of a tax evader, as are all of the folks who purchased his untaxed wares. This is the very personal, up close, in your face example of where ordering your thugocracy attack dogs on those who would choose to avoid onerous taxation gets you. It's funny as hell to all you nanny state gooftards when it's a millionaire or billionaire being destroyed for tax evasion, but the humor kind of dies down when it's Joe Blow black market cigarette salesman on the street being destroyed for the exact same thing.

That's why there's no indictment. Better to chalk up to court of public opinion accusations of racism than face the real truth for Leviathan, which is that Garner was approached, accosted and ultimately killed because DeBlasio et al demand tribute, same as any mafioso demanding protection money.

I guaran-effing-tee every beat cop in NYC has marching orders to figuratively bust skulls on illegal tobacco sales to make sure the local populace is properly scared into compliance with DeBlasio's tax revenue schemes. Guaran-effing-tee. So the deal I'd wager dime to donuts was made is that Pantaleo gets hollered at but no indictment, and in return for not prosecuting one of the centurions, none of us storm the imperial palace demanding to know why Caesar has the centurions terrorizing the masses over cigarette taxes. Pantaleo was doing exactly what he was told, and DeBlasio's speech is a bunch of political whitewash horseshizzle.
Points to ponder for sure!

Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 AM

17,422 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

I guaran-effing-tee every beat cop in NYC has marching orders to figuratively bust skulls on illegal tobacco sales to make sure the local populace is properly scared into compliance with DeBlasio's tax revenue schemes. Guaran-effing-tee. So the deal I'd wager dime to donuts was made is that Pantaleo gets hollered at but no indictment, and in return for not prosecuting one of the centurions, none of us storm the imperial palace demanding to know why Caesar has the centurions terrorizing the masses over cigarette taxes. Pantaleo was doing exactly what he was told, and DeBlasio's speech is a bunch of political whitewash horseshizzle.
I posted this earlier, but the NYPD Chief of Dept. Philip Banks (who has apparently since resigned) ordered a crack down on loosie sales just before this incident.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:22 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Let me just repeat again, simply. Normal/rational people don't behave like these cops. You would never treat your grandmother the way these cops would treat your grandmother. To believe that they are protecting you is delusional. They are just doing the bare minimum for their paychecks. They simply don't care about you or anyone else.

We can weigh the pros and the cons of their existence, but to believe that the cops actually care about anyone but themselves is delusional thinking. All they care about is going home at night and getting a paycheck. They see civilians as basically their enemy.

Normal people not only don't act like the police, but normal people don't even want to be the police. Only sociopaths and bullies would ever enjoy that line of work.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Let me just repeat again, simply. Normal/rational people don't behave like these cops. You would never treat your grandmother the way these cops would treat your grandmother. To believe that they are protecting you is delusional. They are just doing the bare minimum for their paychecks. They simply don't care about you or anyone else.

We can weigh the pros and the cons of their existence, but to believe that the cops actually care about anyone but themselves is delusional thinking. All they care about is going home at night and getting a paycheck. They see civilians as basically their enemy.

Normal people not only don't act like the police, but normal people don't even want to be the police. Only sociopaths and bullies would ever enjoy that line of work.
Normal people are not in the postion of the police having to get idiots off the streets. Normal people are not usually harrassed or restrained by the police because they are not in that position. Finally, when normal people are questioned or detained by police, they survive the encounter because they don't physically resist it.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:27 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:

Your grandma have 30 priors?

Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
When the EMT had him on the stretcher I heard an officer say he is breathing. My question is what happened in the ambulance? Did he arrest? Did they attempt CPR? He had a thick neck and as a nurse that in itself presents problems opening an airway. I wonder what measures were taken in route to the hospital and what documentation was presented if he indeed was alive when he left the scene. Did the EMTs do what all they should have? These are also questions in my mind.
Four EMT's were suspended. It's a valid question to wonder whether or not they simply allowed him to die as to not have his side of things.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times
Quote:

Seriously??? That is just wrong! As a nurse I have seen and met many a decent compassionate cop in an ER concerned about someone they had brought in due to drugs accident etc no matter what race. Just concern for that person and their family. There is good and bad in every profession so let's not decide all police are bad people based on a few.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:33 AM

192 posts, read 248,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
Anyone who lives in NY NJ knows that the entire bureacracy here especially the cops are 'IRISH ITALIAN" proud of being "ITALIAN" when they can't cook, speak or have little in common with Italy other than its horrendous tradition of bribes and nepotism.

I grew up in Hudson County in NJ and all my life would see these Irish Italian commute to easy cushy teacher jobs here in JC collect, and then commute back home to avoid living here. Some of the most racist teachers growing up were 'Italian.'

-Asian American
OH and I'd add...most of the schools those teachers taught at? Biggest money making kids were Asian Americans...while white teachers took all the monetary benefit of producing students with great scores. Rofl. Anyone who thinks whites are any less entitled than blacks or hispanics, or all of those against Asian Americans needs to look in the mirror.

Half these pigs and whites and would be bagging groceries if they didn't have a system that made them compete with Asian American doctors engineers lawyers etc.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Four EMT's were suspended. It's a valid question to wonder whether or not they simply allowed him to die as to not have his side of things.
Reinstatement process ongoing for the 2 EMTs involved in Eric Garner incident, FDNY says | SILive.com

Looks like they just got back to their regular jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies