Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Mia love is a black conservative which means nothing she says counts because she is a "sellout".

She is very brave for sticking with what's right even if her own people despise her.

"Her own people" are defined by their values and their character, not the color of their skin.

That's the difference in being a racist, or an American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 07:42 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
I'm actually curious as to wear to wear she stands on social policies in america. I have no problem with being fiscally conservative, but if you're socially conservative? That's literally just saying, I don't want certain people to be able to do X.
And being a socially progressive liberal is literally just saying 'I just don't want certain people to be able to do Y...'

Y being, possess firearms, get deported as a result of knowingly committing immigration related felonies, be bound to the checks and balances of the three branches of government, etc

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 12-04-2014 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 AM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
If you are black, running for office and are a conservative then you are a pariah in the black community and its a shame. That is my fair, critical point. If you disagree with this then please provide proof.
How about you give me proof that other than online people their black people treat them any differently than a conservative who visits or is related to or knows liberal democrats?

Your assumption is that they are a pariah because they are a black conservative as opposed to people having actual issues with the way that they happily go along with a narrative that paints the black community in a certain light as if we are all one type of person.

Quote:
field negro: Women of color in a strange place.

...and be sure to read the comments...

The bravest Americans are black conservatives....trust me.

I'd put soldiers, cops, juvenile detention workers, coal miners, social workers, and a slew of other people above them in the courage category.

Trust me when I say that even after their friends and family who are not as conservative have called them names and argued with them they are still their friends and family and life continues on.

I read the comments. I'm not seeing your point. They're mainly talking about the exact reasons that they dislike what they've said and do not agree with them not some blanket "I hate black conservative" types of posts.

Quote:
Where did I say that conservatives are the victim? Where? Victimhood addiction is a trait of the left...not the right.
Victimhood is a trait shared by both sides. The "War on Christmas", assault by the "Gay agenda", "we're not racist", and a few other "woe is us" campaigns have popped up.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:17 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
"Her own people" are defined by their values and their character, not the color of their skin.

That's the difference in being a racist, or an American.
Good point...because you never hear people define others by skin color in America.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
How about you give me proof that other than online people their black people treat them any differently than a conservative who visits or is related to or knows liberal democrats?

Your assumption is that they are a pariah because they are a black conservative as opposed to people having actual issues with the way that they happily go along with a narrative that paints the black community in a certain light as if we are all one type of person.

I'd put soldiers, cops, juvenile detention workers, coal miners, social workers, and a slew of other people above them in the courage category.

Trust me when I say that even after their friends and family who are not as conservative have called them names and argued with them they are still their friends and family and life continues on.

I read the comments. I'm not seeing your point. They're mainly talking about the exact reasons that they dislike what they've said and do not agree with them not some blanket "I hate black conservative" types of posts.

Victimhood is a trait shared by both sides. The "War on Christmas", assault by the "Gay agenda", "we're not racist", and a few other "woe is us" campaigns have popped up.
The second bolded part answers the first bolded part...

Old 12-04-2014, 09:37 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
I don't get this fascination with Mia Love that the OP has expressed on several threads. She is just your garden variety western, Mormon conservative. Utah is full of them. Mia Loves are a dime a dozen. Is it because of her skin color? Are you surprised that an AA person could hold views like your own? You need to visit the rural intermoutain west.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't get this fascination with Mia Love that the OP has expressed on several threads. She is just your garden variety western, Mormon conservative. Utah is full of them. Is it because of her skin color?
Yes. And the OP is very upset that this conservative Republican isn't getting enough love from other blacks. (But don't tell him that whining about it is acting the part of a victim, because that will make him even more upset. Because, you see, according to him, only liberals do that.)

Old 12-04-2014, 09:53 AM

779 posts, read 632,471 times
Quote:
The second bolded part answers the first bolded part...

You really don't believe that conservative whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc have any push back from relatives, friends or strangers who are liberals, democrats or even support the Green party? You're on an online forum where people of all color have things to say about republicans. Please tell me how black people doing it is any different.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
You really don't believe that conservative whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc have any push back from relatives, friends or strangers who are liberals, democrats or even support the Green party? You're on an online forum where people of all color have things to say about republicans. Please tell me how black people doing it is any different.
Late October 2008:

Person 1: "So, won't it be great when we can finally elect a black man to the White House?"

Person 2: "Not really...I am voting for McCain/Paul/some other conservative party candidate."[and I know McCain isn't a conservative but anyway...]

Person 3: What?!!? You are a sellout/Uncle Tom/Uncle Ruckus/House N Word/Etc.

Now, please let's not pretend that these sorts of conversations did not happen in black households and communities where one brave soul "came out of the closet" as a conservative with Obama holding the nomination.

And, please tell me how liberal white families and communities turned on their conservative members basing their disgust on the conservative family member turning their backs on the RACE.

Did this ever happen?

If so, it was from racist families that turned on a member for voting for Obama.

The difference is that black conservatives aren't seen as turning against IDEALS...they are seen as turning against the whole RACE. Big difference.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:15 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Late October 2008:

Person 1: "So, won't it be great when we can finally elect a black man to the White House?"

Person 2: "Not really...I am voting for McCain/Paul/some other conservative party candidate."[and I know McCain isn't a conservative but anyway...]

Person 3: What?!!? You are a sellout/Uncle Tom/Uncle Ruckus/House N Word/Etc.

Now, please let's not pretend that these sorts of conversations did not happen in black households and communities where one brave soul "came out of the closet" as a conservative with Obama holding the nomination.

And, please tell me how liberal white families and communities turned on their conservative members basing their disgust on the conservative family member turning their backs on the RACE.

Did this ever happen?

If so, it was from racist families that turned on a member for voting for Obama.

The difference is that black conservatives aren't seen as turning against IDEALS...they are seen as turning against the whole RACE. Big difference.
do you have a little stage in your basement where you perform these Black dialogues?

I bet you watch BET and Bounce all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies