Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If Obama feels so strongly about immigration reform, why didn't he do something when he had supermajorities in Congress?

He said it was a priority of his while campaigning for the 2008 Election.

Looks like he really didn't care one iota in practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bull ****.. The Bushs and Clinton didnt do anything about the matter because it wasnt an issue for them. I dont recall them complaining about immigration reform..

This is like asking why SantaClause doesnt deliver easter baskets.. yeah, its that dumb of a response..
Ummm, where were you in the 2000's? Illegal immigration was most certainly an issue during the Bush Jr Administration. The point is.... no party truly tried to fix the issue, especially the Republicans where the loudest rhetoric is.

Quote:
Do what exactly? THERE ALREADY IS LAWS on the book, that OBAMA isnt enforcing..
LOLZ..... And you think former Tea Party darling Rick Perry is enforcing immigration laws on employers? What state is cracking down on hiring illegals? Obama is making a point and hopefully that will spur Republicans into actions instead of rhetoric.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
So you agree Democrats continue to be the biggest idiots because they not only NEVER worked across the aisle, but havent made any reasonable recommendations on how t fix it..
LOLZ.... and republicans publicly said they would work with Obama once elected too huh? The ACA was tailor made to appeal to a middle ground..... Republicans wouldn't work with Obama on healthcare even though it has similarities to Romneycare and the 93 Republican proposal.

Quote:
And we're STILL going to be fixing it. The CBO says 30+ million will NOT get health insurance post ACA, despite Obama claims that we needed to pass ACA to insure 32 million uninsured americans.

/FAIL
Let me know when Texas enacts the Medicaid expansion.... Or just continue misrepresent the facts.

Quote:
But you'lre still applauding it.. I dont get it either..

Must be one of the welfare recipiants from the plan
I don't think ACA is the best plan but it will take compromise to get it right. How is that possible when the only solution Republicans have put forward is to repeal it..... Not even come up with an alternative in it's place..... It's pathetic you're applauding incompetence but you just follow what your masters says.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
2012 was a massive steamroll in State Governorships and State legislature. What is it about liberals not acknowledging State level politics? You folks act like Washington DC rules the roost everywhere. The GOP shellacked Democrats in States every election since 2010.....including 2012. Look it up.
What 2012 election are you talking about ????

in 2012 Democrats won
Colorado House of Representatives
Maine Legislature
Maine Senate and House of Representatives
Minnesota Legislature
Minnesota Senate and House of Representatives
New Hampshire House of Representatives
New York State Senate
Oregon House of Representatives

Republicans won

Washington Senate (de jure Democratic control, but De facto Republican control due to two Democrats working with the Republicans without officially switching parties)
Wisconsin Senate
Arkansas General Assembly
Arkansas Senate and House of Representatives

And as for Governors you flipped 1 seat. North Carolina, every other Democrat either won re election or their Democratic LT Governor replaced them.

Either you blatenly lied because you figured no one would use google to prove you wrong or you honestly didnt know that you were wrong and were just talking out of your %#$#, both are equally bad.

Last edited by dsjj251; 12-05-2014 at 12:38 AM..

Old 12-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Democrats won by LYING to the public about the benefits of policies they were trying to pass. many of us called their claims what they were, which is total bull crap....
still waiting on you to actually show the lie, so far all you have done is continue to repost the same debunked argument.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Ummm, where were you in the 2000's? Illegal immigration was most certainly an issue during the Bush Jr Administration. The point is.... no party truly tried to fix the issue, especially the Republicans where the loudest rhetoric is.
the ONLY people complaining about illegals are Democrats who think its scoring points by allowing them to stay.

Most Republicans I know have NO PROBLEM deporting them..

waaa, waaaa, democrats cry, its for the children..

SEND THEM HOME, along with their PARENTS..
Quote:
LOLZ..... And you think former Tea Party darling Rick Perry is enforcing immigration laws on employers? What state is cracking down on hiring illegals? Obama is making a point and hopefully that will spur Republicans into actions instead of rhetoric.
Illegals fall under FEDERAL jurisdiction to deport..

But hey, good job at finding a way to enter "tea party" into a discussion that has nothing to do with them.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
LOLZ.... and republicans publicly said they would work with Obama once elected too huh?
Why the hell would they work with Obama to pass **** legislation?
Quote:
The ACA was tailor made to appeal to a middle ground..... Republicans wouldn't work with Obama on healthcare even though it has similarities to Romneycare and the 93 Republican proposal.
More lies Gruber...

The Republican proposal was to SAVE YOUR OWN MONEY and get a tax credit to do so, not give it to the dam government so you can pay someone elses..

I'm so tired of hearing this ridiculous talking point that isnt even CLOSE to the truth..
Quote:
Let me know when Texas enacts the Medicaid expansion.... Or just continue misrepresent the facts.
texas doesnt have 30 million uninsured, YOU are the one misrepresenting the facts..

And you KNOW it.. no one is this dumb
Quote:
I don't think ACA is the best plan but it will take compromise to get it right. How is that possible when the only solution Republicans have put forward is to repeal it..... Not even come up with an alternative in it's place..... It's pathetic you're applauding incompetence but you just follow what your masters says.
What type of compromise, the type where you discuss what type of **** you'd like for dinner, the type which results in eating corn, thus you have chunks of corn in your poop, or the compromise where you eat prunes, so its a little runny.

No thank you, you eat the ****, (and clearly have), i prefer not to.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
still waiting on you to actually show the lie, so far all you have done is continue to repost the same debunked argument.
Obama said we needed to pass ACA to insure the 32 million uninsured americans.

let me know when that comes true..

He said we neeed to pass ACA to cut insurance premiums $2500

let me know when that comes true.

He said we needed to pass ACA to control costs

in fact, NOTHING that was promised about ACA is true, but you dont give a crap cause you guys moved the goal post and still posting talking points that would be laughable if it wasnt so sad you still believe them to be reality.

As Gruber recently announced, ACA will delink employer sponsored healthcare from the employees, because it becomes inaffordable for them to offer it over the next 20 years..

Thats NOT what we were told. We were told that it was going to save the companies so much money, they can afford to offer insurance, AND give a raise.

YOU WERE LIED TO, and CONTINUE to post NONSENSE. you havent debunked a dam thing. In fact as time goes on, everything I projected about ACA is being proven the truth. See I, unlike YOU, read the dam bill, front to back..

Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
How could right wingers miss this glaring part?

This is why I think that they can't think critically or that they just play games or are that dumb.

Clearly the democrats have regrets about Obama care because it didn't do enough like a single payer or public option system would.

So in essence it just means what liberals and progressives were saying all along; that we need single payer not just Obamacare which is modeled after Romneycare.

Good lord conservatives just follow a script without thinking.
You are conflating two different issues:

1) Democrats wish they had single payer

2) Democrats regret passing Obamacare because it destroyed their political power

Democrats can wish all day long that Obamacare was single payer. But that is NOT why they wish they hadn't passed Obamacare. They wish they hadn't passed Obamcare because of what it did to completely ravage their standing at the polls. They had an opportunity to vote against Obamcare and chose not to do it, and THAT is what they regret. You can't sit there and suggest that Democrats hate Obamacare because it didn't have single payer when it was 100% a Democratic bill with 100% Democratic support. Democrats OWN Obamacare, and that's what they hate. Ironically, America hates Obamacare also, and because of that Democrats have suffered in every election since 2010.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:52 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Obama said we needed to pass ACA to insure the 32 million uninsured americans.

let me know when that comes true..

He said we neeed to pass ACA to cut insurance premiums $2500

He said we needed to pass ACA to control costs

in fact, NOTHING that was promised about ACA is true, but you dont give a crap cause you guys moved the goal post and still posting talking points that would be laughable if it wasnt so sad you still believe them to be reality.

As Gruber recently announced, ACA will delink employer sponsored healthcare from the employees, because it becomes inaffordable for them to offer it over the next 20 years..

Thats NOT what we were told. We were told that it was going to save the companies so much money, they can afford to offer insurance, AND give a raise.

YOU WERE LIED TO, and CONTINUE to post NONSENSE. you havent debunked a dam thing. In fact as time goes on, everything I projected about ACA is being proven the truth. See I, unlike YOU, read the dam bill, front to back..
This. ^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, and don't forget--"If you like your plan you can keep it."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep him/her."

More lies. More Obamaisms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies