Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2014, 05:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Maybe it's because as a group you DO whine and moan (as you're doing in your post) about how everything isn't handed to you, you aren't given a $100k job next door to your house, straight out of school with your useless liberal arts degree.

Oh the horror, the least experienced generation is the least paid, clearly society is at fault.
You clearly didn't read or understand the article. Millennials are making less than older generations did at their age. Has nothing to do with experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 05:43 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
See people, if you just lower your living standards you too could make it in subpar wages. It's your personal responsibility to handle that. Personal gumption, more right wing canards. Lol
I did have very low living standards when I started out. Now after working the past 30 years or so I am pretty set. Back then I often worked 3 jobs at once but of course there was no internet to whine about how tough my life was so I just did what was needed. Carry on, girls.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:44 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Must have five years experience as a sandwich artist and able to sign a non completive agreement saying you will not work for another sandwich shop for a year.

8 bucks an hour
Then pick another sandwich shop.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:45 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,008,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Maybe it's because as a group you DO whine and moan (as you're doing in your post) about how everything isn't handed to you, you aren't given a $100k job next door to your house, straight out of school with your useless liberal arts degree.

Oh the horror, the least experienced generation is the least paid, clearly society is at fault.
Productivity is up, profits are up but wages are stagnant. Jobs more competitive and scarcer in major cities. It's about workers getting the shaft on wages while the people at top collect more. You call taking that kinda stick up the behind, personal initiative or whatever other bootlicking canard you boomers love to throw at us.

I work at a job that pays me just fine. I make over 50k. I shouldn't be complaining but I know what it means to be underpaid for the work I do. I know businesses are reaping in on these low wages.

Complaining about it isn't being a whiner, you guys are just tools. Simply tools. You guys have no idea how utterly ridiculous you guys sound by telling others how they should "suck it up".

Its pathetic.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
And we're lazy? SMH. Boomers will continue to brand Milennials as lazy until the day they die.

Millennials are way more educated than their parents. They're also paid less. - Vox
You would never know it. I find most of them to be incredibly ignorant (putting it nicely) or stupid, being more honest.

Education today isn't what it was when my parents were in college. For at least their entire Freshman year these days, students have to be taught what our parents learned in H.S.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Then pick another sandwich shop.
Lol. Right no one is "forcing" you to work at that sandwich shop, choose one that pays 8.50. LOL

You old guys are so predictable. The point is to show how ridiculous the job market is now.

You guys aren't tough for taking the stick corporate America is shoving up your behind with a smile on your face. You're just looking like tools to the next generation

Old 12-05-2014, 05:50 PM

406 posts, read 283,251 times
Quote:
See people, if you just lower your living standards you too could make it in subpar wages. It's your personal responsibility to handle that. Personal gumption, more right wing canards. Lol
I feel sorry for kids today, I really do. It's heartbreaking that I have to have a job 1/1000 GUYS (no women ...never seen one EVER) can do that is very highly skilled, dangerous (easy to kill yourself or someone else if you get careless) to make it. I said "make it" not rolling in dough. People ask me all the time about my job. Some even give it a try. They usually don't last after lunch on the first day. "Something" always gets them. Heights and claustrophobia are big players to remove potential personnel in a big hurry. Forget everything else that blows!

Old 12-05-2014, 05:54 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Another week, another whiny Millennial thread crying about Boomers.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:00 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Remember, if you don't like millennials, that's the fault of your generation and generation x. You are the ones who raised them and created the environment that they grew up in.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Another week, another tool baby boomer that thinks the current situation is a fair deal and we should deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies