Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:13 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times

Advertisements

I just see a bunch of whiny kids complaining about their school lunches..... something that has been occurring since the invention of school lunches.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 05:20 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,747 times
Who even gave her authority to dictate what should be in school lunches? She is nothing except a communist just like Hussein and Hillary. Only the other two are actual politicians. They were all under the tutelage of Alinsky in Chicago. That is how Obama got started in politics. Most kids won't eat collard greens if they don't eat that at home.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"While school districts can be blamed for the pitiful preparation of meals, the skimpy portions are due solely to the federal regulations championed by First Lady Michelle Obama. Many students are continuing to turn to Twitter to expose their disgusting school lunches, with many of them using the #ThanksMichelleObama hashtag."

Students slam Michelle O with photos of skimpy school lunches - EAGnews.org

I'm not on Twitter so I can't check there and I don't have kids to send me a photo from their phones but there are a few photos at the link above. I see future Republican/Libertarian voters in my crystal ball...

Oh wait, here's a link to more of the photos:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThanksMi...Obama?src=hash
First of all, she advocates for eating healthy and this pic is far from that. And I don't feel a bit sorry for these kids. Why do they feel entitled to a free lunch and then complain about it. Why can't they just bring their own.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:02 PM

406 posts, read 283,308 times
My cousin's wife is a grade school teacher. She said it's awful and the kids have to go hungry. Like hell, I'd have my yum-yums in my freaking jacket and ask to go to the bathroom or nurses office and stuff my face while on the way.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Put the blame where it belongs, on those school districts that are clueless in preparing nutritious & edible lunches that are within federal guidelines. It's not hard.
No...parents will continue to blame the gub-ment busybodies who set the federal guidelines.

Memo to kids: Bring your own lunch to school. Hopefully, the food Nazis aren't searching your lunch bag for contraband like a [gasp!] candy bar or can of pop.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:29 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volts View Post
My cousin's wife is a grade school teacher. She said it's awful and the kids have to go hungry. Like hell, I'd have my yum-yums in my freaking jacket and ask to go to the bathroom or nurses office and stuff my face while on the way.
I don't believe that at all. Why are you blaming this on schools when the parents could provide their lunch.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:52 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Thankfully my daughter goes to private parochial school and is exempt from that particular crazy nanny.
And just like your kid, Obama's kids go to a private school where they do not have these crazy meals or policies.

Hmm, but wait, Moochelle wants it for the public but her own kids dont follow it...hmmm

Something is wrong in Denmark.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Yes you can, even without a twitter account, you can search what is trending.
Yeah, I didn't realize that so I edited my post to add the second link.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:44 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Man, Michelle Obama must be a time traveler! That doesn't look all that different than the slop I was served when I was in school.

But good on you - the gnashing of teeth and false outrage is just precious.
If that looks like what you got in school, does that look like the amount of food you paid for?

Obviously, these kids had better food before, prepared by the same cafeteria staff, or they wouldn't be complaining.

I wonder how many of them will be 18 by 2016? Might be a good item for Libertarian Rand Paul to campaign on.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:49 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"While school districts can be blamed for the pitiful preparation of meals, the skimpy portions are due solely to the federal regulations championed by First Lady Michelle Obama. Many students are continuing to turn to Twitter to expose their disgusting school lunches, with many of them using the #ThanksMichelleObama hashtag."

Students slam Michelle O with photos of skimpy school lunches - EAGnews.org

I'm not on Twitter so I can't check there and I don't have kids to send me a photo from their phones but there are a few photos at the link above. I see future Republican/Libertarian voters in my crystal ball...

Oh wait, here's a link to more of the photos:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThanksMi...Obama?src=hash
None of it looks appetizing to me (and that can be blamed on the school districts) but those "skimpy" portions are right on. Doesn't look so to Americans, who manage to gulp down far too many calories per day...and prove it through our obesity rates. Most single restaurant meals served here could feed at least a couple, if not more, very comfortably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies