Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 09:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Because who would pay money for that crap?
That's the complaint isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I just see a bunch of whiny kids complaining about their school lunches..... something that has been occurring since the invention of school lunches.....
Isn't that the truth? I can remember pulling some mystery meat out of my tray 30 years ago and us all laughing about it. Once every two weeks - they made sloppy joes and we all liked those. The rest of the days? Not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Maybe these latchkey kids should have their absent mommy make them a box lunch the night before, if they can get her to do it before she spends her night on facebook chatting with old boyfriends or get their babydaddy to take a break from his Xbox and do it.
If they are old enough to take cellphone pictures and tweet about it - they surely can pack their own lunch.

I went to school many years ago and our lunches were HORRIBLE. Lucky for me - my high school didn't have a cafeteria and we all walked home, walked downtown, or brought our lunch.

Guess what? I packed my own lunch even though I had a SAHM.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:08 AM

7,795 posts, read 6,362,473 times
All this when she is probably inhaling ribs like they were going through a wood chipper.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Remind us all, how is Michelle Obama responsible for schools serving crap? They've been serving unhealthy garbage that shouldn't even be considered food for decades.

People act like Michelle Obama is personally going around grilling up pieces of moldy American cheese product served on moldy bread. The reality is that schools were already serving garbage. All the new regulations did was introduce horrors like requiring that fruits and vegetables be offered and requiring the use of whole grains.

If parents and students don't like school lunch, they should go complain to the local school board who allows the cafeteria to serve inedible garbage.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:58 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,380,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well too bad!

I bet the starving kids over the world would eat it.

Ungrateful things.

I really do not understand this.......
If they do not want to eat school lunch then why don't they make their own damn brown bag lunches?

Bunch of self entilted pricks
Before getting profane you should try something unique. Do some research. It's a cushion against ignorant outbursts.

Here's a place to start. Look at the poverty statistics and how many children rely on free lunches vs. those who can pay for their lunches. Then look at districts that provide breakfasts for poverty students. finally, research how many districts have "backpack" or similar programs that send food home with poor students on the weekends to feed them and their families and how many also provide cafeteria meals during holiday periods and summer vacations.

In all too many cases the school meals are the only meals some children get every day, especially in rural areas. An skimpy lunch isn't enough to sustain most children through the rest of the school day much less athletic children.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,822,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Before getting profane you should try something unique. Do some research. It's a cushion against ignorant outbursts.

Here's a place to start. Look at the poverty statistics and how many children rely on free lunches vs. those who can pay for their lunches. Then look at districts that provide breakfasts for poverty students. finally, research how many districts have "backpack" or similar programs that send food home with poor students on the weekends to feed them and their families and how many also provide cafeteria meals during holiday periods and summer vacations.

In all too many cases the school meals are the only meals some children get every day, especially in rural areas. An skimpy lunch isn't enough to sustain most children through the rest of the school day much less athletic children.
And what do you want to bet that those parents who don't/can't afford to feed their kids adequate meals have yet another baby on the way?

It's just REALLY sad.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:17 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,071,394 times
Michelle Obama should be impeached for this.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
And what do you want to bet that those parents who don't/can't afford to feed their kids adequate meals have yet another baby on the way?

It's just REALLY sad.

Hate to say it, but your right, and some parents never learn. Look as sad as it is, with kids who do not get meals except at school. Maybe we ought to take care of our own first before the needs of any law breakers! ya think.

Some parents never learn, look sorry to put it this way, sex is great, yada yada yada, then comes child. If you cannot afford to give the child a good decent loving upbringing, do yourself a favor, don't have kids.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

It's just REALLY sad.
Sure.....punish the kid because they have bad parents.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:25 AM

406 posts, read 282,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't believe that at all. Why are you blaming this on schools when the parents could provide their lunch.
It's supposed to be approved now so I've heard. If it isn't they can't bring it and or they make them throw it away. That would be the day....lemme tell ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies