Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 01:59 PM

17,131 posts, read 14,439,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

No bipolar message at all. Blacks are Americans. You should care about Americans regardless of their skin color.

Yes there is a HUGE bipolar message.

Case in point:

College president sorry for saying 'All lives matter' | Fox News

Quote:
"We are united in our insistence that all lives matter,” read the e-mail,in which she made clear she was strongly behind the protests, writing that the grand jury decisions had “led to a shared fury… We gather in vigil, we raise our voices in protest."

But she soon received backlash from students for her phrasing. They were offended that she did not stick with the slogan “black lives matter.”

Old 12-12-2014, 02:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,778,077 times
In case it hasn't been pointed out, I will state that the FBI statistics are only statistics on arrests, not actual perpetuators of crimes.

Black people are arrested more often due to a racial bias against them in law enforcement. I know a person who was arrested for murder in 2009 and therefore was a part of those statistics and he was acquitted at trial.

Just because someone is arrested, doesn't mean they committed the crime.

Also, the FBI statistics usually has between 4000-6000 murder arrests listed as "unknown." For all we know, all those people could be white.

Another also, white people commit DUI (they are convicted of it) much more often than black people. Over 10000 people are killed annually by drunk drivers. Most years the FBI statistic data states that 80% of the arrest for drunk driving were white people, by those statistics alone, whites would commit over 8000 murders by themselves. Many times, homicide by vehicle or DUI are not listed as actual homicides on FBI statistics.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
In case it hasn't been pointed out, I will state that the FBI statistics are only statistics on arrests, not actual perpetuators of crimes.

Black people are arrested more often due to a racial bias against them in law enforcement. I know a person who was arrested for murder in 2009 and therefore was a part of those statistics and he was acquitted at trial.

Also, the FBI statistics usually has between 4000-6000 murder arrests listed as "unknown." For all we know, all those people could be white.

Another also, white people commit DUI (they are convicted of it) much more often than black people. Over 10000 people are killed annually by drunk drivers. Most years the FBI statistic data states that 80% of the arrest for drunk driving were white people, by those statistics alone, whites would commit over 8000 murders by themselves. Many times, homicide by vehicle or DUI are not listed as actual homicides on FBI statistics.
I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of that 10,000 annually that are killed, happen to be the drunk driver himself/herself.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,881,349 times
Quote:

I think you mean black thuggish men. Not the whole race

Old 12-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of that 10,000 annually that are killed, happen to be the drunk driver himself/herself.
Even if that were the case and over half of the deaths were the drivers, that would skew the white murderer percentage to a much larger degree than it actually is right now.

And I don't know if it was mentioned or not in this particular thread, but most murder victims know the perpetuator and they are domestic in nature so to think that black people go on a rampage in general society killing people is false. White people having drinking issues though (and drugs, especially hard core drugs like heroine and perscription drug abuse) is well known and something that kills LOTS of people annually but it is swept under the rug.

It is always interesting to me how certain many people are so apt to believe that murder statistics in general "prove" that black people are violent, when even if we take the arrests into consideration, there are usually about 4000-5000 black people who are arrested for murder and that is 0.000125% of the black population.

As a whole, if you tally up the total amount of arrest by black people in any given year, it is 1-2% of the population that is even arrested. Considering that a majority of those arrests are cleared through the court processes, one can be fairly safe to say that less than 1% of black people commit crime in any given year.

ETA: One can even look into the prison population as people like to use that to claim some sort of "super criminality" in regards to black. On any given year there are 1-2 million blacks in prison. A large majority of those are non-violent offenses, but the total prison population in compared to the black population is about 2.5%. Not very significant or proof of any sort of wide spread black crime element in the country. Violent black criminals in prison are less than 1% of the black population. And even when you take into effect the storied black male criminal, overwhelmingly when you look at the numbers black males are not very violent or murderous on the whole. There are about 20 million black males in the country. Only about 5000 are even arrested for murder. I would guess that of those 5000 maybe 3000-4000 are convicted, that is only .00175% of the black male population.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I think you mean black thuggish men. Not the whole race
I am black, a married, college educated, gainfully employed woman and mother and I have been falsely arrested by the police. My husband has as well, many times, at least 8 that I remember. He has never been convicted of anything and is not "thuggish." He is also college educated and gainfully employed and doesn't dress like a "thug." He is in his 40s and couldn't pass for a thug lol.

It is a myth that only black people "dressing" a certain way or living in certain areas are the only ones harrassed by police or arrested unjustly.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:11 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,301,925 times
Quote:
I am black, a married, college educated, gainfully employed woman and mother and I have been falsely arrested by the police. My husband has as well, many times, at least 8 that I remember. He has never been convicted of anything and is not "thuggish." He is also college educated and gainfully employed and doesn't dress like a "thug." He is in his 40s and couldn't pass for a thug lol.

It is a myth that only black people "dressing" a certain way or living in certain areas are the only ones harassed by police or arrested unjustly.
I know and have known many "Blacks" that have NEVER had any confrontation with the police, some are college educated, some are "homemakers", some are just "working stiffs" like a large percentage of the "White" population.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Even if that were the case and over half of the deaths were the drivers, that would skew the white murderer percentage to a much larger degree than it actually is right now.
I just did some quick research and discovered this:

Quote:
We also found that Native American and White drivers are consistently reported among
those most at risk for alcohol-impaired driving, whereas Asians are among the least vulnerable.
For Hispanics and African-Americans, the picture is less clear: arrest data and crash data show
an overrepresentation of both groups in impaired-driving events, whereas self-report data from
national surveys show lower rates of impaired driving for these groups.
Interesting.

As an aside, I do find it hard to believe that your husband has been falsely arrested at least 8 times.

Pulled over? Questioned? Perhaps. But actually falsely arrested eight separate times? No.

Unless he has an uncanny knack for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:36 PM

72,850 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Personal responsibility is irrelevant.

Did you not get the memo of how much personal responsibility helped MLK and Malcolm X? Racism is not rational. Being "responsible" won't get conservative whites to like you.

I know racism isn't rational. I'm not talking about whether or not it is rational. My point is that the best any Black person can do for THEMSELVES is to take personal responsibility for themselves, not to get other people to like them, but for themselves. My message to those who expect Blacks to take responsibility for the hood rats is this: An individual can only do so much. The best an individual can do for one's self is to take responsibility for one's self. The idea is that to expect Blacks who are not acting like hood rats to take responsibility for hood rats who won't do for themselves, that is not rational. Why should I take responsibility for those persons I don't even live around?

Old 12-12-2014, 04:03 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,341,152 times
Quote:

Crime is higher in black areas than any other race so that explains the higher arrests, not racial bias. Also, racial bias doesn't explain the extremely high homicide rates in all African countries. Blacks are even more poor and violent in their home countries away from white people, so you can't blame it on racial bias BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies