Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 09:48 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I think you mean that's why productive people of any race try to move out of high crime areas

He knew what he said...

Old 12-08-2014, 09:54 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_DC View Post
How do you have preconceived notions when people are showing you concrete numbers that verify how tiny the percentage of violent offenders are? You've got a small group who are capable of doing a lot of damage but mainly to other black people.

You're racist because you ignore facts and continue to group people together as if they are incapable of being individuals. You make excuses for your negative preconceptions and then wonder why black people claim that they are being treated unfairly. How can people treat someone fairly if they're busy judging them and holding on to their bias and prejudice?
Most people don't dig deeply into all stats. The see what is on TV and hence their perceptions.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:10 PM

17 posts, read 25,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it's even less, because not all of the men between 15 and 30 are in prison and with in the few who are in prison, less than 2% are in there for violent crimes.
just because they are in prison for a non violent crime does not mean they are not violent. Its just means they were not arrested and convicted of a violent crime. Half of murders go unsolved. In the hood robberies and assaults especially amongst drug dealers are rarely reported.

Its almost impossible to be involved in the dealing drugs in the ghetto for a couple years and NOT be involved in armed robbery, or savage assaults. I'm familiar with the dope game and I personally know 5 people that have shot people an never done a day in jail for it, but all but one have done time for pocession. Out of the couple dozen black men I grew up with, half have participated in armed robberies an home invasions and none have been caught, cause crack dealers don't call the cops.

Drugs+ghetto=violence, often unsolved.

Like I said I'm familiar with the game and you want to know the real reason the murder rate has gone down? Cause gangs are out an being independent is in. The smart black drug dealers I know are mobile and move often and everywhere they go theyrefuse to sell drugs or buy drugs from other black people because they don't want to deal with other black men. Cause when you deal with black men in the game people get robbed, kidnapped, and shot for peanuts and sometimes for no reason.

Last edited by composition; 12-08-2014 at 10:19 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 10:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by composition View Post
just because they are in prison for a non violent crime does not mean they are not violent. Its just means they were not arrested and convicted of a violent crime. Half of murders go unsolved. In the hood robberies and assaults especially amongst drug dealers are rarely reported.

Its almost impossible to be involved in the dealing drugs in the ghetto for a couple years and NOT be involved in armed robbery, or savage assaults. I'm familiar with the dope game and I personally know 5 people that have shot people an never done a day in jail for it, but all but one have done time for pocession. Out of the couple dozen black men I grew up with, half have participated in armed robberies an home invasions and none have been caught, cause crack dealers don't call the cops.

Drugs+ghetto=violence, often unsolved.

You mean the dozen "ghetto black men" you grew up with

Old 12-08-2014, 10:28 PM

17 posts, read 25,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
You mean the dozen "ghetto black men" you grew up with
More than half of black people live in black neighborhoods, most black neighborhoods are the ghetto. A large portion of blacks that grow up outside the ghetto emulate the culture of the ghetto thru slang and talk, without actually living the lifestyle, which is a criminal lifestyle.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by composition View Post
More than half of black people live in black neighborhoods, most black neighborhoods are the ghetto. A large portion of blacks that grow up outside the ghetto emulate the culture of the ghetto thru slang and talk, without actually living the lifestyle, which is a criminal lifestyle.
so every black guy in the ghetto area speaks slang?

Old 12-09-2014, 05:30 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
my neighborhood has a large number of blacks, but almost no crime. could it be that the average household income better determines which neighborhoods have more crime?
The inner cities generate more crime, not poverty alone. Poverty can make people more desperate, but I drive thru plenty of very small towns, with broken down homes with peeling paint, and there is not crime. It's the highly populated areas like the inner cities, where you can disappear as just another face in the crowd, where criminals feel they can act with near impunity. Where do most blacks live, in densely populated areas.

So maybe it's not so much the people, as much as where the people live, combined with the desperation that comes from poverty.

Old 12-09-2014, 05:46 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,833 times
out of africa .. how long has the black race been what you would call a civilized race . how many generations does it take to remove the " jungle " from a people ? . black people could rule the world if they would apply themselves .. they are the biggest race .. they are the strongest race . but they can not get out of that " you white folks owe us something " attitude to rise above it and take over .. the only reason white people allow people like jesse jackson and al sharpton to remain in the limelite is because they fester the blacks desire to deserve something for nothing attitude ..

Old 12-09-2014, 05:50 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
out of africa .. how long has the black race been what you would call a civilized race . how many generations does it take to remove the " jungle " from a people ? . black people could rule the world if they would apply themselves .. they are the biggest race .. they are the strongest race . but they can not get out of that " you white folks owe us something " attitude to rise above it and take over .. the only reason white people allow people like jesse jackson and al sharpton to remain in the limelite is because they fester the blacks desire to deserve something for nothing attitude ..
I didn't know all black people were uncivilized all over america. wow

Old 12-09-2014, 06:13 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
Gorillas are bigger and strong than us. What does that have to do with rulling the world? The british Empire didn't rule the world because they were physically bigger and stronger. Geeze. Read a history book or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies