Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 01:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
All I ever said was integration dealt a blow to the black community. Did we integrate yesterday? Nope, we did it 50 years ago. In a time where no one wanted integration except black people. That forced integration killed the black community.
You've offered nothing to support your allegation.

As long as we're supposed to take unsupported allegations seriously I'll say we made '64 Impalas 50 years ago, that's what dealt a blow to the black community.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:31 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You've offered nothing to support your allegation.

As long as we're supposed to take unsupported allegations seriously I'll say we made '64 Impalas 50 years ago, that's what dealt a blow to the black community.
I don't know if we're allowed to post anything from youtube (I think I posted a vid from there before, and that post was deleted), but you can look up that youtube documentary concerning the Tulsa riot, and near the end they said the ultimate undoing of that community had to do with integration. Of course there are other writings out there that talk about integration and the black community. I'll see if I can gather some of those links later.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know if we're allowed to post anything from youtube (I think I posted a vid from there before, and that post was deleted), but you can look up that youtube documentary concerning the Tulsa riot, and near the end they said the ultimate undoing of that community had to do with integration. Of course there are other writings out there that talk about integration and the black community. I'll see if I can gather some of those links later.
And of course there's a very large difference between being given a tool you asked for and failing to learn to use that tool, eh?

Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
And of course there's a very large difference between being given a tool you asked for and failing to learn to use that tool, eh?
I don't understand.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I don't understand.
You yourself have stated blacks asked for integration and then you label it a bad thing.

You've blamed whites for not flocking to black businesses when things were integrated. Guess what? Business is tough, you have to work at drawing in customers. I've asked you what black businesses did to do that and all you've done is blame white customers. Personally, I look for the best deals on the products I want and don't give a rat's ass what color person owns the business, I think most consumers follow the same plan.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
You yourself have stated blacks asked for integration and then you label it a bad thing.

You've blamed whites for not flocking to black businesses when things were integrated. Guess what? Business is tough, you have to work at drawing in customers. I've asked you what black businesses did to do that and all you've done is blame white customers. Personally, I look for the best deals on the products I want and don't give a rat's ass what color person owns the business, I think most consumers follow the same plan.

Again I tell you white people were never going to shop at black businesses in that age, no matter how good the deals were. Outright racism was very common in the south, and it was practiced elsewhere but not as overt.

Here is the youtube vid I mentioned, and you can listen at about 3:40 as to what caused the Black Wall Street in Tulsa to eventually crumble....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwlMdawy1So

Old 12-07-2014, 02:00 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Well I'm not advocating segregation into today's society. We live in a different world than 60 years ago. I'm saying back then, we should have fought for equality (equal facilities, equal protection from crimes) and let integration happen on it's own accord. It wasn't like the whole USA was under segregation back then. It was primarily in the southern states. So integration would have happened naturally as time moved forward, and we got further away from racism. Had we got equal protection under the law, southern whites would begin to see black people as more human because of it. Thus, integration would have happened naturally. Because it was forced before it's time, the black community fell into the abyss.
OP, I understand what you are talking about and it's funny because I have this one friend who is black, saying the same thing you do. He also told me most of his friends thinks he is crazy for thinking this way.

I think allot of people here are not really understanding what you are saying.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Again I tell you white people were never going to shop at black businesses in that age, no matter how good the deals were. Outright racism was very common in the south, and it was practiced elsewhere but not as overt.
And I'll tell you you're WRONG! I lived in the south in the late '60s and as a starving white college student I shopped at businesses that offered good deals and didn't give a rat's ass what color person owned them. I was also hanging out as the only white person in a Newark NJ jazz club when I was 16 (they let me sit at the bar and drink ginger ale) because I liked the music and never had a problem with anyone.

Quote:
Here is the youtube vid I mentioned, and you can listen at about 3:40 as to what caused the Black Wall Street in Tulsa to eventually crumble....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwlMdawy1So
Given some of the racist opinions you've expressed here I'm really not interested in hearing what some Yahoo on YouTube you cite has to say.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:42 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,512,535 times
Quote:
All I ever said was integration dealt a blow to the black community. Did we integrate yesterday? Nope, we did it 50 years ago. In a time where no one wanted integration except black people. That forced integration killed the black community.
Integration never killed the black community

What killed it were

1. People who didn't care to begin with. When
they finally made it as they say guess what
happened.

2. Embracing drugs and crime instead of
making somthing of ones self.

3. An institution that did not expect better
things from people of color and people who
simply gave in and made the institutions
expectations a reality.

That's what hurts the black community and
continues to till this day.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
If Asians were so rare in the past why do you think we went through the trouble of building internment camps during the war?
Back then people knew how to fight a war and win unlike today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies