Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should atheists / atheism be outlawed in the USA?
Yes 6 5.77%
Revoke their citizenship / no public office only 2 1.92%
No 96 92.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:38 AM

46,861 posts, read 25,814,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Atheists have a superior than anyone religious attitude and mock the religious for believing yet neither the atheist and science combined can explain what was before time began, the origin of existence, nor describe where the universe ends and what is on the other side.
Nobody can. Well, not in a way that can be tested.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:43 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,276,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Deep beliefs of a God creator and that wisdom that good and evil do exist and the reap what you sow belief will keep many from destroying themselves and the people around them.
So if not for fear of punishment you'd be a heinous person? Well, not me. It's not fear of an imaginary god that keeps me from being a bad person, it's simple respect for other people.

I'm sure glad your little book doesn't tell you the way to heaven is to randomly shoot people in the streets or you'd be doing that, I guess.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:44 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well God has provided the proof, and the evidence of his existence, which is all around you, the creation itself.

But your free to acknowledge or deny that evidence, because he gave man free will.
Uh, that is not proof. At all.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:45 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,448,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Atheists have a superior than anyone religious attitude and mock the religious for believing yet neither the atheist and science combined can explain what was before time began, the origin of existence, nor describe where the universe ends and what is on the other side.
We can't explain those things, and we admit it.

Theists can't explain those things either, but refuse to admit it.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:46 AM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, there's a resounding argument. Attack the people who disagree with you and demean them by comparing them to 8-year-old children on a playground.

This atheist's response to you, "I don't know if you're wrong. I don't think you're stupid. I just don't think you are able to provide the proof of existence of a God. You make the choice to believe in that God. I make a choice not to believe in something for which there is no proof or evidence. I respect you. I would appreciate it if you respected me."
Victim card, time to throw it out.

Read again: What I'VE experienced. Do you get that? What I HAVE seen. Did that say, "DC at the Ridge is arguing like a child on the playground?" No. I said what I HAVE seen, what I HAVE experienced. I am not sure if I've ever had this debate with you, so why, again, do you take things so personally?

Not ONCE have I ever had a conversation with an atheist that went like your second paragraph. Not a single time. Most atheists assume I'm a Christian simply because I will stand up for a Christian. What I hear from atheists that I HAVE talked to, (keywords: I HAVE talked to), consist of: flying spaghetti monster, fake fairy in the sky, you people who believe in God are so stupid, do some research, (seriously, do some research....lol), uneducated, bible thumping morons, and idiots who don't understand that science has already proven that there is no God...oh! and my favorite: "I know there's no God!"

That doesn't sound one bit like the made up conversation you came up with.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post

I'm sure glad your little book doesn't tell you the way to heaven is to randomly shoot people in the streets or you'd be doing that, I guess.
Haha, that is perfect.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh god, those stupid agnostics. They're as bad as people who claim to be "independents". Sure sure, we all know you have a side.
I see nothing wrong with someone being agnostic. My dad was agnostic, one of the most intelligent people I've ever met. No side, or those who ask for proof, is right or wrong because NONE OF US ACTUALLY FRICKEN KNOW.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,280,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Victim card, time to throw it out.

Read again: What I'VE experienced. Do you get that? What I HAVE seen. Did that say, "DC at the Ridge is arguing like a child on the playground?" No. I said what I HAVE seen, what I HAVE experienced. I am not sure if I've ever had this debate with you, so why, again, do you take things so personally?

Not ONCE have I ever had a conversation with an atheist that went like your second paragraph. Not a single time. Most atheists assume I'm a Christian simply because I will stand up for a Christian. What I hear from atheists that I HAVE talked to, (keywords: I HAVE talked to), consist of: flying spaghetti monster, fake fairy in the sky, you people who believe in God are so stupid, do some research, (seriously, do some research....lol), uneducated, bible thumping morons, and idiots who don't understand that science has already proven that there is no God...oh! and my favorite: "I know there's no God!"

That doesn't sound one bit like the made up conversation you came up with.
How is that any different from "I know there is a God!"

Old 12-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I see nothing wrong with someone being agnostic. My dad was agnostic, one of the most intelligent people I've ever met. No side, or those who ask for proof, is right or wrong because NONE OF US ACTUALLY FRICKEN KNOW.
You need to get a sense of humor & a sarcasm meter. For real.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
How is that any different from "I know there is a God!"
Here's the difference:

If an atheist says to me, "I don't believe in God", I never say, "YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT! DO SOME RESEARCH YOU MORON!" I ask why.

But from what I HAVE experienced, (apparently I need to repeat that since some people fail to understand what that means, 'from what I HAVE experienced'), someone leaves a comment saying something like, "It's a miracle! God saved that child!" all the atheists come out of the wood work to start insulting anyone who says they believe in God. I see it all. the. time.

I don't really care what you believe or don't believe. All I care about is that BECAUSE NONE OF US ACTUALLY KNOW, then maybe we should all just chill the F out on insisting only they are right and everyone else is an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies