Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 05:12 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I could be....either way it applies to you.
The hell it does.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:15 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,703,443 times
To me its simple. The most racially segregated states, in my opinion, will generally be the places that are worst for blacks economically, as well as all other socioeconomic indicators as well. Certainly the Great Lakes region has many states among the most racially segregated.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 02-25-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-25-2015, 05:30 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
To me its simple. The most racially segregated states, in my opinion, will generally be the places that are worst for blacks economically, as well as all other socioeconomic indicators as well. Certainly the Great Lakes region has many states among the most racially segregated.

Quote:
North Minneapolis is a mixture of all races and classes
Guess it must be something else.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:39 PM

723 posts, read 805,888 times
Want to know learn more. Read all top to bottom
This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act – Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups | The Gateway Pundit

Old 02-25-2015, 06:23 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I posted an MPR article about it on this thread. While it acknowledges that there are Blacks moving to the Twin Cities to mooch off of welfare, it also acknowledges the Blacks that are moving there because there are JOBS. Why is that side of the story often ignored?
Is fighting with minorities on bogus racial quotas beneficial for the Anglos who have been here for generations a good thing?

Moreover, you realize why African-Americans even moved here to begin with, back in the 20th century? It was called "strike breaking" and they were here to violate the rights of the folks that were here and had built this state into what it is.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The North Side of Minneapolis is a disaster. It tends to attract mostly Blacks who are uneducated, poor and "ghetto-minded". Most educated and successful Blacks I have met while living in Minneapolis would NEVER live in the North Side because they simply would not share the same values with your stereotypical North Sider.

You have to understand that Blacks were discriminated and denied housing in the past, so there are reasons while they feel more comfortable living amongst their own kind.

Also, I read a very interesting explanation why Blacks settle mostly in densely populated, near Downtown areas, I don't remember what it was now but history explain a lot of these behaviors.
Well, that answers the question you asked about rural Wisconsin before. Most black folks are not willing to try to move into areas that have been historically hostile to African Americans - and believe it or not, there is still discrimination in housing to this day.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Is fighting with minorities on bogus racial quotas beneficial for the Anglos who have been here for generations a good thing?

Moreover, you realize why African-Americans even moved here to begin with, back in the 20th century? It was called "strike breaking" and they were here to violate the rights of the folks that were here and had built this state into what it is.
There were African-Americans in Minnesota before that too. Some wanted to be free, and since MN was a free state, some went there. By the way, look up George Bonga, who was a trapper/voyageur.

And if people came to be strike breakers, you do realize that some unions barred Blacks from entering.

Again, I refer to the MPR article I've posted and you just ignore it. This tells me that some of what you say (and things you ignore) is due to resentment and hatred towards Blacks.

People all over the USA fight over racial quotas. Minnesota isn't the only place where this takes place.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

There were non Anglos in what you call Minnesota LONG before any white man showed his face on this continent...Let alone in Minnesota.

And blacks were probably in Minnesota LONG before your ancestors arrived there.

It's stolen land. Whites don't have an inherent right to it anymore than blacks do.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:51 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There were non Anglos in what you call Minnesota LONG before any white man showed his face on this continent...Let alone in Minnesota.

And blacks were probably in Minnesota LONG before your ancestors arrived there.

It's stolen land. Whites don't have an inherent right to it anymore than blacks do.
Thank you! The idiocy of some astounds me.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:00 AM

5,652 posts, read 6,985,171 times
I wonder how much worse Connecticut would fare if Fairfield County were removed from the data. That's pretty much the only area of the state where good jobs are.

Having moved to Pittsburgh from New England 12 years ago, I can definitely see PA being included on this list. A bit of culture shock, even for an old white guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies