Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 11:36 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No use reading any farther. Capitalism is the only system that actually removes people from dire poverty,
Based on what? Are you arguing that 100% of all human beings who have ever lived in non-capitalist societies were poor? Or that nobody ever left poverty pre-1700?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:39 AM

174 posts, read 366,067 times
Default Bravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
True

Liberals are attacking the freedom to own other people. They're defending the freedom to work hard for a decent wage to support your family.

The root cause was financial regulatory capture, allowing banks to peel back post-Depression legal safeguards and take on unprecedented financial risks in the pursuit of higher returns. "Liberal government policies" had nothing to do with it, Conservative regulatory rollback allowed banks to pursue homeowners who shouldn't own homes. The myth that banks were forced to make bad loans by liberal government has been thoroughly debunked.

Illegal immigrants and welfare recipients are the hardest-working demographics in America. (Seriously, basically everyone on welfare who can work, does work, and at harder and lousier jobs than most Americans would dream of doing.)
BRAVO.......A man that really knows what he is talking about! Much like everything else, there can be varying degrees of capitalism. We don't need (and I believe...don't want) the extreme right beliefs that have inserted more garbage in the house bill on the floor today! Rolling back the prohibition on federally insure derivatives will put us right back on-track for another collapse that the middle class pays for. Personally, as one in the lower middle class, I am tired of paying to make the rich richer! Right now I can't get any interest on my savings, while the fat cats are collecting huge gains in the stock market. I am sure the middle class will pay for that too some day!
I have worked hard for the little that I have. I am tired of hearing the neocon broken logic. The people that espouse it aren't smart enough to know that they are just pawns....that is; unless they really are in the 1%.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Looks like another cut-n-run poster. Didn't come back to defend his diatribe.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:08 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No use reading any farther. Capitalism is the only system that actually removes people from dire poverty,
40,000 Newly created Chinese millionaires disagree.

China creates 40,000 new millionaires

Old 12-11-2014, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How does this NOT represent you? How do these policies adversely affect you? You exist in a vacuum when it comes to national policies dealing with financial trading rules and campaign finance contributions. You dislike the policy but neither of them actually directly affect you or your pocketbook. So why the angst?
LOL......the financial shenanigans' didn't actually affect us? Of course they did.

As far as contributions go it's really none of my business if people want to throw their own money away but don't expect others to insure your mistakes.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:43 PM

174 posts, read 366,067 times
Default Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
40,000 Newly created Chinese millionaires disagree.

China creates 40,000 new millionaires
Perhaps you should consider moving to China!
It is time for the Dems to take back our country!

Old 12-11-2014, 05:41 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDog2 View Post
Perhaps you should consider moving to China!
It is time for the Dems to take back our country!
So you are in support of "whogo" and his GOP view, and his claim of 1% status, and his support of Big Business and twisted view on capitalism. How Dem. are you ?

Old 12-11-2014, 05:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So you are in support of "whogo" and his GOP view, and his claim of 1% status, and his support of Big Business and twisted view on capitalism. How Dem. are you ?
Is it not big business that employs workers? Do not millions of Americans have 401Ks? Without big business who the hell is gonna pay for all your social programs?

I am employed by big business. I kind of like having a job. I would be collecting a pension right now if liberals had not killed the first corporation I worked for.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Is this the same 99% types that were selling the great oil and gas conspiracy not long ago in hearings. Befroe that it was the stimulus of 800 Billion as a masive infrastructure bill creating massive jobs? If so; get loss.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:50 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
the jest of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies