Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a cult not a religion. But I have friends who swear take your pick any religion, act in certain ways as cults do.

These people hiding behind a religion, are no better but worse, then the gay person they are trying to help. Help my azz, that is not the way you do it. They need counseling of the worse kind.

And just how many religious people are the biggest hypocritical people around. Acting the model citizen in Church, and then outside of Church, are not that way at all.

I think far too often religious interventions somehow make matters worse. Someone ought to beat some sense into them. A person does not change by abuse.
And why should this person change for these ignorant people, if he or she is happy with who they are, to hell with everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 04:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
“I knew it was a lie from the beginning,” Patrick Covington, a brother of one of the accused, told WLOS. “Because especially my sister is not capable of doing what he’s accusing her of doing.”

Yep.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
“I knew it was a lie from the beginning,” Patrick Covington, a brother of one of the accused, told WLOS. “Because especially my sister is not capable of doing what he’s accusing her of doing.”

Yep.

Those are his words. I do not know this person. Do you know how many people make excuses for their loved ones.

I cannot take this as fact, nor can I say this is a lie. And do you think that he would throw is sister under the bus, sometimes famiy members, don't know each other as well as they would like to think they do.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:59 PM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've never been a member of a church - especially a fundamentalist or evangelical one. Hell, I've never once attended a church service - or for that matter any religious service of any kind.

So yes, I am ignorant.
Yes, I could tell. That's why the left is so easily motivated to Hate.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:03 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,858 times
It's not surprising when things like this happen in the name of religion.

If you rant and rave and demonize a class of people long enough, people will do stupid things.

Old 12-11-2014, 06:13 PM

I just read the STORY on the homosexual website in th OP link. He leaves a lot out in his post (how convenient).

MAYBE there's a reason the police and prosecutor were reluctant to involve themselves in this besides "homophobia."

Quote:
Fenner has said it took several attempts — including several stalling tactics from local law enforcement and prosecutors — to get local officials to take his allegations seriously or allow him to file a formal complaint.
The church and the accused have said the allegations are not true.

Patrick Covington told the news station he is also gay and left the church with Fenner, but he denies any abuse took place at the church.

Josh Farmer, an attorney for the church, has also denied the allegations.

Anti-gay N.C. church members indicted on felony kidnapping, assault against gay man | QNotes

Last edited by carlbenator; 12-11-2014 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-11-2014, 06:15 PM

527 posts, read 708,928 times
This is invalid source that comes from Anti-Christian liberals who are bias and put false information to cause hatred... What they want to do is to confuse Christianity with Hebrew and Islamic scripturs. Good thing is you cannot find one single quote from the New Testament where Jesus didn't preach love, peace and forgiveness, and was never against gays.

Lock this thread!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:19 PM

They have been known to LIE:

Quote:
Faith in America has also been involved in past cases, including allegations of abuse made in 2012 by Michael Lowry. His allegations led the U.S. Department of Justice to initiate a hate crimes investigation. Lowry had been placed under FBI supervision, but he later recanted his story and returned to the church. According to Faith in America, Lowry has since left the church again and now claims he was manipulated into recanting his story.
So he definitely LIED. Question is, which story is the lie?

Old 12-11-2014, 06:49 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
They have been known to LIE:
Who is "they"

Quote:
So he definitely LIED. Question is, which story is the lie?
What does Michael Lowry's changing story about an unrelated event have to do with a pastor and 4 church-members being arrested and indicted for kidnapping and assaulting Matthew Fenner?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:43 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
This is invalid source that comes from Anti-Christian liberals who are bias and put false information to cause hatred... What they want to do is to confuse Christianity with Hebrew and Islamic scripturs. Good thing is you cannot find one single quote from the New Testament where Jesus didn't preach love, peace and forgiveness, and was never against gays.

Lock this thread!
Have you actually read the New Testament?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies