Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 09:27 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata
It is correct that "Iraq" was an artificial creation by the British colonizers. Fake boundaries still cause issues in Africa and South Asian too.

... the Arab nations weren't just arbitrarily drawn up. The European "colonizers" (AKA, the ones who fought back the Ottoman Empire which had colonized Europe for centuries and finally broke up the Empire) actually did have the input of local Arab leaders and prominent families in drawing up the borders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partit...Ottoman_Empire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 11:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I put this one on ignore the day he called Dr Ben Carson an "Uncle Tom" or something to that effect. Completely out in left field.

But since you quoted this and I saw it I'll say yes, we should take responsibility for turning normally peaceful and benevolent people of the Mid East into head chopping off religious fanatics.

I mean without America's influence they would be sipping tea with Jewish people and Christians in brotherly love

The OP contradicts himself so much on this forum I cannot even keep track anymore without bookmarks and GPS markers.
How would you know if I was on ignore?

You respond to my posts quite regularly. Way to get yourself caught in a lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So you are saying its fun to sit back and watch saddam use WMDs against his people? Even Obama had a problem with chemical warfare. Redline in the sand vs taking action.

Saddam and 'chemical Ali' were well practiced in using WMD's otherwise known as poison gas, on Iranians and Iraqis.

The world needs to differentiate mass murder committed in the middle east vs mass murder in more civilized regions? The ME savages are a unique phenomenon and need to be isolated until such time as they evolve.
What Saddam did didn't disturb my sleep one bit. Didn't disturb yours either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
... the Arab nations weren't just arbitrarily drawn up. The European "colonizers" (AKA, the ones who fought back the Ottoman Empire which had colonized Europe for centuries and finally broke up the Empire) actually did have the input of local Arab leaders and prominent families in drawing up the borders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partit...Ottoman_Empire
Yep...that's the problem. Like typical westerners, they decided to listen to the people with the most self interests.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:40 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Yeah, Like Sen. Rand Paul once said,

“ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately,” Paul said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” He continued: “They created these people. ISIS is all over Libya because these same hawks in my party loved – they loved Hillary Clinton’s war in Libya. They just wanted more of it.”

Obviously the truth hurts, majority of Republicans still choose to bury their heads in sand and deny this very truth. Quite pathetic.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So you are saying its fun to sit back and watch saddam use WMDs against his people? Even Obama had a problem with chemical warfare. Redline in the sand vs taking action.

Saddam and 'chemical Ali' were well practiced in using WMD's otherwise known as poison gas, on Iranians and Iraqis.

The world needs to differentiate mass murder committed in the middle east vs mass murder in more civilized regions? The ME savages are a unique phenomenon and need to be isolated until such time as they evolve.
Does it really matter how you are killed? Is it better that we killed them instead? Have you not learned a thing about why Saddam did what he did?

Old 10-24-2015, 03:54 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,167,481 times
The problem is that we ever went into Iraq in the first place. Getting rid of Saddam created a massive regional power vacuum. Now we're seeing that vacuum fill back up, this time with ISIS. Goes to show that we should keep our noses out of that stuff.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
The problem is that we ever went into Iraq in the first place. Getting rid of Saddam created a massive regional power vacuum. Now we're seeing that vacuum fill back up, this time with ISIS. Goes to show that we should keep our noses out of that stuff.
As you can see, we aren't learning that lesson.

France got hit, so now Americans see it as a duty to go and take revenge on ISIS, although the French declined to go to war with us after 9/11.

Besides, i don't even know if ISIS was responsible. But of course they WANT to take responsibility regardless in order to make themselves seem omnipresent.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:23 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Sheesh.......Some people believe everything they read..........

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,482 times
And liberal fools will believe it and start hating the West, despite being Westerners themselves.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
And liberal fools will believe it and start hating the West, despite being Westerners themselves.
I don't hate the West. I just can't believe that we keep thinking that doing the same stuff will lead to a different result.

We aren't going to defeat ISIS. Period. Let the local actors in the region settle their own differences.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't hate the West. I just can't believe that we keep thinking that doing the same stuff will lead to a different result.

We aren't going to defeat ISIS. Period. Let the local actors in the region settle their own differences.
At least they know who is who.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies