Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times

Advertisements

Even if Democrats do win the Senate majority back in 2016, and even if Democrats win the Presidency, there will STILL be a GOP-Controlled House and thus the same divided government you have loathed under Barack Obama since 2010!

So what is there for you to be hopeful about? LOL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...f2e_story.html

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 12-11-2014 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 04:43 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Even if Democrats do win the Senate majority back in 2016, and even in Democrats win the Presidency, there will STILL be a GOP-Controlled House and thus the same divided government you have loathed under Barack Obama since 2010!

So what is there for you to be hopeful about? LOL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...f2e_story.html

The Democrats will likely win both. And two of the GOP-appointed and most conservative members of the SCOTUS will be 80 years old then.

I bet you're not laughing when a Democrat replaces them.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
The Democrats will likely win both. And two of the GOP-appointed and most conservative members of the SCOTUS will be 80 years old then.

I bet you're not laughing when a Democrat replaces them.
And you have zero proof that either will retire. Hell, even your own bag of bones Liberal Ginsburg refuses to give Obama a crack at filling her position. LOL What makes you think Scalia or Kennedy will be any different?

Old 12-11-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
And you have zero proof that either will retire. Hell, even your own bag of bones Liberal Ginsburg refuses to give Obama a crack at filling her position. LOL What makes you think Scalia or Kennedy will be any different?
I didn't say they were going to retire. But they'll be 80 when the election of 2016 is held and the likelihood of a Republican President in the near future is...let's just say it's hilariously cute you think it's possible. I'll go you one better. In 2016 the Democrats will win the WH, the Senate and win the aggregate vote for the House, which will stay in Republican hands in defiance of the will of the people of this country. But you can't gerrymander yourself a House majority forever. Then in 2020 there will be another election. Those justices, if still on the bench, will be 84. The Democrats will win the election and there'll be a new census--with bad news for you--and redistricting again.

Bottom line is, in spite of your wishful thinking, those justices are overwhelmingly likely to be replaced by a Democratic President. So enjoy your gerrymandered House, you will win some battles, but the outcome of the war is not in doubt and you are going to lose.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I didn't say they were going to retire. But they'll be 80 when the election of 2016 is held and the likelihood of a Republican President in the near future is...let's just say it's hilariously cute you think it's possible. I'll go you one better. In 2016 the Democrats will win the WH, the Senate and win the aggregate vote for the House, which will stay in Republican hands in defiance of the will of the people of this country. But you can't gerrymander yourself a House majority forever. Then in 2020 there will be another election. Those justices, if still on the bench, will be 84. The Democrats will win the election and there'll be a new census--with bad news for you--and redistricting again.

Bottom line is, in spite of your wishful thinking, those justices are overwhelmingly likely to be replaced by a Democratic President. So enjoy your gerrymandered House, you will win some battles, but the outcome of the war is not in doubt and you are going to lose.
All you are doing here is spewing liberal talking points. I bet you haven't spent one millisecond looking at political analyses that call into question the Democratic inevitability that you think exists. Until you do, you're merely urinating in the wind with prognostications that very well may not hold up.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:17 PM

409 posts, read 258,686 times
Quote:

You are aware that Democrats are as unpopular as they've ever been in modern history, right? It is neither likely or even probable that they will win the White House or Senate, let alone both.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
You are aware that Democrats are as unpopular as they've ever been in modern history, right? It is neither likely or even probable that they will win the White House or Senate, let alone both.
Exactly. He's uninformed. Nothing but liberal talking points. No outside research interest at all.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:29 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
Plus there has been even more gains for the GOP among the crowd that does the redistricting. Redrawn lines favoring the Dems in 2020 not very likely, plus 2018 is demographically more devastating to DEMS than 2014, like what 25 Dems, 9 GOP up in Senate. I predict a 2016 Dem WH win=2018 Veto proof GOP congress in 2018.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshGL View Post
lol

Keep dreaming.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
I looked at the 270towin website, and plugged in the states the GOP will most likely win. The GOP will LOSE the presidency in 2016 if they CAN'T win VA, NC, plus FL. Lose any of those 3 to the Democratic challenger, and the Democrat wins the White House. For me, the states too close to call even right now are CO, FL, VA, and NC. The Blue Wall already gives the Democrats 249 EVs. I define the Blue Wall as HI, WA, OR, CA, NM, MN, WI, IL, MI, DC, MD, PA, NY, NJ, VT, MA, CT, RI. It is unlikely the Republican will win any of these states. All other states I have going for the GOP except for, again, VA, NC, FL, and CO. Republicans MUST win VA, NC, and FL under any circumstance to have any shot at the White House. They will have an uphill battle with VA and FL, and I estimate these 2 states are going to be the hardest fought by both sides. These 2 states are as purple as ever, they shouldn't even be considered red states anymore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies