Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
In the last days Christians will be killed for their beliefs. It is happening daily today.

Reverend Graham said the Christians are being butchered in front of their families.
When does the Rapture happen? I am looking forward to the post-rapture world, when all the self-righteous Christians will be gone.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:53 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Really? Since you've missed the many reports, Google is your friend.
Well, that's a well-cited post right there.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
<silly jpeg>
This is such a great example of projection. Conservatives, getting into spittle-flecked rages over being wished "Happy Holidays", figure there must be liberal counterparts who hate "Merry Christmas" just as much.

It's just - not the case, guys. No major media figures have held up "Merry Christmas" as something to be fought, as evidence of a systematic persecution. Whereas the wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding "Happy Holidays" is pretty much a tradition by now.

It's not "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays", it's "People who get mad at Happy Holidays" vs. "People who think it's silly to get mad at Happy Holidays". And it is.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
How often do you hear nowadays "Merry Christmas" by the general public? Ask the question yourself, why not wish "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" especially few days before Christmas?
Like my Viking forefathers did for centuries before this Christ character entered our culture, I will keep wishing a merry Yuletide.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:05 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I avoid saying either one, because I really don't CARE whether you are happy or not, no matter what time of year it is!
YOUR happiness (or lack thereof) is YOUR problem. Deal with it.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:08 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Like my Viking forefathers did for centuries before this Christ character entered our culture, I will keep wishing a merry Yuletide.
Heretic! For that you should be burned at the stake. Or forced to watch Fox News non-stop 24/7 until the baby Jesus' birthday. Your choice. (Option number one would probably be less painful.)

Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I hope these are fake trees.

Is this for real, or are you pulling our leg? I never heard of such a thing, but I have to admit it's creative.
It is an artificial tree. Not pulling your leg. Do a search of "Mardi Gras tree" and you'll see plenty of examples. You can do the same for other holidays including Easter. I prefer the Easter theme.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:11 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Because due to political correctness despite Christmas being a national holiday celebrated by 96% of Americans according to polls; the term 'Christmas' is being avoided in many ways in North America, but not 100% completely though.

Holiday tree, Holiday market, Holiday gifts, Holiday party, Holiday music, Holiday this and Holiday that when people know it stands for Christmas. Funny thing is that in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and other English speaking countries it's always Christmas, and never holidays. Try call the Menorah for "Holiday candlelight or candlebra" and you will see the reaction! Other holidays they are always mentioned by their names. In bigger cities it's usually 'Tree lightning'... Common if you but Christmas tree lightning how many people will get heartattack and die from it?!

How often do you hear nowadays "Merry Christmas" by the general public? Ask the question yourself, why not wish "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" especially few days before Christmas?
Who cares? Honestly? Who cares? I don't care if someone says either. Talk about a nonissue.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:13 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
I care because Christmas is the only holiday being targeted, and minorities/pc people are trying to oppress the majority of the population, and the Christian religion.

I would be fine with Happy Holidays if we wished that in every holiday, including on Thanksgiving. Deal?

But it's not only about greetings; it's the avoidance of the term completely. Holiday tree - really?!
Hahahaha, yeah, you christians are so oppressed. You go on your merry way wishing people merry christmas or not. People really don't care, the conservatives just want you to think people care. Nonissue.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The word holiday comes from the Old English word hāligdæg (hālig "holy" + dæg "day").

So why the fuss and cries that it's a "War on Christmas!!!!"?
Well, I am not a religious person. But I enjoy all religious or non religious holidays.

I think some people should get a checkup from the neck up.

There are people who are habitually offended. Example,

A. Those who are offended by Christmas for religious reasons

B. Those who believe EVERYBODY ELSE is or should be offended by Christmas.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies