Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 07:13 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,024,341 times

Advertisements

They're all frauds and phonies. I knew GOP establishment were going to sell us out. As for this woman, she's as phony as the rest of em and a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 07:31 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,950,451 times
Saying "Congress shouldn't support the budget package until the Wall Street giveaway is removed." is not the same as advocating for a shutdown. Why all the partisan hackery instead of debating her point? Why the need to bend the truth OP?

Do you support allowing your FDIC backed bank trading risky derivatives? Do you support allowing the super-rich to further buy our politicians? Do you support taking away a local government's right to make policy for itself? And do you support putting these policy changes in an appropriations bill?

Well, how about it?

Old 12-12-2014, 07:35 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,996,125 times
Funny, because some of my leftist friends are saying that Warren is a hypocrite because she saying she WON'T shutdown the government, and she should, because these Wall St. Boot licking provisions are worthy of it.

Amazing how warped your perspective is depending on how myopically inclined you are to one side or the other.

Our political discourse in this country is embarrassing.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:48 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Actually- I am seeing my more conservative friends more ticked at this bill. My FB friends were fuming over immigration EO language tucked in that was not only toothless but left it open to Obama's interpretation- wonder how he'll read it?

Apparently Michael Savage went on a tirade about the about the huge cap for giving to political parties was to defang the tea party and assure the R hierarchy could beat back any challenge.

Then the final flight of glory was Wall Street concessions- main line Rs would have no problem with this but anything that leads to another bailout would be against TP principles. And letting banks used federally insured funds as collateral seems to leave that as a possibility.

At any rate- in case anyone doubts it- our government just shown us that they are across the board in it for themselves and their big money donors. Not the people and not the will of the people. The far left and far right look ready to explode to my eye. And I hope every single person who went along with this bill catches absolute hell. Unfortunately the anti-Obamacare crowd will probably be the only people to do so.

I predict the real loser might be Hillary- I've seen countless liberals eviscerating Obama and commenting that they've held their nose and swallowed hard to vote for some of the current Dems. The banking lobbyist written portion and EPA slashing are a giant step too far for most of them. And they claim they aren't going to do so any more if this is what is delivered. The basic premise is they no longer care about electability if the Dems produce crap to the right of Richard Nixon.
As a liberal Democrat I agree with this post, especially the last paragraph. I never thought I would agree with the Tea Party on anything, but the far left and the far right are on the same page with this monstrosity of a bill. I want to see every Democrat who helped pass this get out of jail free card to Wall Street run out of office.

Campaign season is over, folks. Time for all the politicians to go back to exactly what they were doing before the election. Nothing has changed. And they are counting on all of us to stay at each other's throats so we don't turn on them--which is who we should be directing all this vitriol at.

Face it, Wall Street owns Washington. This bill proves it. The "us" and "them" are not Republicans versus Democrats--it's all of us versus our bought and paid for elected officials.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:54 AM

57,073 posts, read 26,024,198 times
The removal of this provision allowing taxpayers to back risky investments should have been an opportunity for bipartisanship, it's unfortunate that some go after minor points when the focus should be Wall Street having their way by paying off politicians. No sane person would agree to this rider considering what happened in 2008.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:27 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,350,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
with the two leeching bills the GOP stuck in there for the BIG banks money folks- lets not talk at all--
So when the GOP puts something unpopular in a bill it's Ok to block it, when the democraps do it then it's the GOP being obstructionists. Sadly we've come to expect this kind of hypocrisy from liberals, it's just business as usual for them.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Remember That Time Elizabeth Warren Said A Shutdown Was "Anarchy"?

So when the GOP was blamed for the recent shutdown, Elizabeth Warren claimed that the shutdown was anarchy and literally started talking about how children could die from the shutdown and that it harms the middle class at the expense of special interests. Her views were parroted by many in the media.

Now Warren and some of the same parrots in the media are now justifying a potential shutdown as patriotic and pro-middle class if it were to be over liberal reasons.

How many Democrats have intelligence and integrity to NOT flip flop such egregiously in such a short time?
It's not ok to shut down the government in order to screw Americans, but it's ok to shut it down to avoid screwing Americans? What hypocrisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So this is going to be another Obama thing?

Cheer her when she says one thing and allow her to do the opposite?
Obama is a dude.

Edit: By the way, it's a poison pill. If Party A says, "We'll only agree to fund government if you let us murder every firstborn son", and Party B says "No", is Party B really to blame for shutting down the government?

Old 12-12-2014, 08:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So when the GOP puts something unpopular in a bill it's Ok to block it, when the democraps do it then it's the GOP being obstructionists. Sadly we've come to expect this kind of hypocrisy from liberals, it's just business as usual for them.
Get your head out of your partisan ass. This thing passed with support from both sides of the aisle. "Business as usual" is us blaming each other instead of turning our ire on the targets that deserve it--our bought and paid for politicians in Washington. If/when the banks fail again, the money to bail them out will be from ordinary Democrats and Republicans and Libertarians and Greenies and everyone else across the country. The only ones who won't suffer are the wealthy bankers who own Washington.

That, my friend, is "business as usual."

Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,306,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
"Threatening" to shutdown the government as opposed to actually hutting down the government because you don't like ACA that already passed congress are quite different. Rolling back regulations on the financial industry that put people out of work and caused one of the greatest economic down turns in our history, maybe you can see where these legislators should have been taken to task.
Lol...so that's your excuse and your sticking to it, eh? When the GOP does it they're evil incarnate looking out for the wealthy but when the Democrats do it they're taking a principled stand. You folks can excuse anything when you put your little halos on.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:18 AM

35,564 posts, read 20,897,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I want to see who in the House voted for this thing and I will volunteer to run them out of office.
go to the website-- The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies