Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 11:24 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not amazing, it's how the conservative mind works. I'm fairly certain this was the mantra over at FOX News, and now you see what their discipleship believe about this awful, regulatory roll-back bill that House minority leader Nancy Pelsoi publicly scolded President Obama over. Remember the financial crisis that Bush presided over? Well, every tiny bit of regulation that resulted from it over predatory banking practices the Republican Party just eliminated.

None of that matters to the FOX News crowd, who also blame Bush's Iraq War debacle on Democrats.

Into a vacuum flows FOX News.
Funny the left is worried about the banks. Are they too dumb not to be taken in again for a ride again? You can't regulate your self into making good financial decisions. Do you need government to protect you from yourselves because of as Gruber said it.. lack of economic understanding.

Then there is all that money in the bill for illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 11:29 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Funny the left is worried about the banks. Are they too dumb not to be taken in again for a ride again? You can't regulate your self into making good financial decisions. Do you need government to protect you from yourselves because of as Gruber said it.. lack of economic understanding.

Then there is all that money in the bill for illegal immigrants.
Elizabeth Warren never once lent me the money to buy a car or home, or to improve my business, or for any other reason--but she sure as hell is making life difficult for the good people and companies who have provided me with these services in the past.

I'm just sorry that the death penalty inflicted on our community banking system by Dodd Frank will stand.

Old 12-13-2014, 12:17 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Elizabeth Warren never once lent me the money to buy a car or home, or to improve my business, or for any other reason--but she sure as hell is making life difficult for the good people and companies who have provided me with these services in the past.
They could charge you 30% interest on a loan and you would thank them for not charging you 35%.

It is a peculiar personality trait of conservatives to grovel at the feet of the wealthy.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:12 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They could charge you 30% interest on a loan and you would thank them for not charging you 35%.

It is a peculiar personality trait of conservatives to grovel at the feet of the wealthy.
Nice try. Have you heard about "competition?" Maybe you seek the very worst deal from the most corrupt provider when you spend your money, but I spend mine on the very best values I can find, from the finest providers.

As for your final point, I am in the same economic class as many other conservatives, the "formerly poor." I am also a member of the hard-working wealthy. Just for the record, I spend no time groveling at my own feet.

Old 12-13-2014, 01:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So I take it you are happy with this bill that Republicans have passed even though it goes against what conservatives say they claim to believe?
Obama and team WH urged the Dems to pass the bill as well.
Why are you giving him a pass here ?

Old 12-13-2014, 02:14 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Blocking the bill shuts down the government - the can't pay payroll, benefits, or expenses. Amazing that you are trying to blame Boehner's bill on Democrats.
This is my impression, as well. The Republicans crafted the bill, with a little help from Citigroup. They own it.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:16 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Repeat after me: Democrats and Republics BOTH screwed the American public. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Old 12-13-2014, 02:19 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Repeat after me: Democrats and Republics BOTH screwed the American public. Why is that so hard to grasp?
Bingo.

Im amazed at all the people trying to blame democrats when more republicans voted for it-and wrote most of the bad parts, suddenly the democrats own it....what?

Both parties sold us down the river for the people with money.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:39 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
First, I need to find out if my rep, Juan Vargas voted for this. Second, I would like to see an summary of "tea party" votes.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:42 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
  • 57 House Democrats voted for the bill. Without those Democratic votes, it wouldn't have passed.
  • Harry Reid made a procedural move to block amendments, effectively gutting any opportunity fir Democrats to change the House passed bill through amendments.
  • Democrats control the Senate.
  • Barack Obama is encouraging Senate passage and is ready to sign the bill.
So, Democrats, you OWN this bill. You've had every opportunity to block it and didn't.

Time to stop complaining!
I don't care who owns it, but its strange 177 Republicans voted for it, and somehow the Dems own it. With this bill the GOP is basically saying F-U to the people who voted for them last month. The thing drips with partisan special interest BS, which they have been unable to pass through discussion and democratic votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies